• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: AZ vs CU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God Damn, that was the sickest lob-dunk of the season... which is saying a lot.

AG with the handle up the court and one hand pass off the dribble to Bunnies with the hammer. So sick.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well... so far the defense looks great, the rebounding looks more dominant than ever (10 offensive rebounds for the Cats, 6 defensive rebounds for CU)...

... and the offense? Looks terrible. Other than 3, or 4 possessions, everything is coming on the break. They can't find a single good shot against Colorado's defense. Need to move the ball faster around the perimeter and look to drive more. So far, all the Cats are doing is slowly dribbling around for 30 seconds and taking a forced shot.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sean Miller at the half:

"Colorado is a good team, we expected a fight and that's what we've gotten so far... and... our offense is terrible..."

Love that guy. He doesn't mince words. Tells it like it is

nogicat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zeus may have turned it over quite a bit in that half but our offense works best when we are working through him.
He gets half the touches that he should be getting.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GS, you basically just predicted Millers halftime comments. Well done.
I'm thinking the ball movement will look much better in the 2nd half.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zeus may have turned it over quite a bit in that half but our offense works best when we are working through him.
He gets half the touches that he should be getting.

Yeah, I agree that the offense runs better when he gets touches. Miller knows that too, which is why they fed him the ball on 4 out of the first 5 possessions, but the problem is; two of them he was stripped from behind by Josh Scott, a third the ball was ripped from him by a guard and the 4th he passed it back out.

Obviously the focus was to get it to him early and often, but he had a 0% success rate in the first half on back to the basket touches. Got the ball there 8-10 times, did not score once and only drew 1 foul. One time, he dribbled for 5 seconds and the shot clock just ran out because he wasn't aware how much time was left. His only basket came from a 17 foot jumper.

Yes, the offense runs better when he gets touches, but that strategy is only effective when he is playing well and in the first half he did not play well.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well at least I get to watch the 2nd half in HD. Pac12 network doing that to everyone or just me?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't get me wrong Nogi, I love Tarc, am not talking bad about him, I'm just saying that in this particular game he has played very soft so far. Hoping that changes in the second.

Arizona has 8 turnovers and 5 of them are from their Center. Not good.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well at least I get to watch the 2nd half in HD. Pac12 network doing that to everyone or just me?

It's been messed up a lot this season. Still a very new network, still working out the kinks.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See that? On his first paint touch of the second half Tarc got stripped again, and then got the ball again and committed another offensive foul, his 6th turnover.

Something isn't right with him tonight, I agree with McClane. He just looks uncomfortable.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There you go big man. Get a dunk to get you going.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nick Buckets Johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See that? On his first paint touch of the second half Tarc got stripped again, and then got the ball again and committed another offensive foul, his 6th turnover.

Something isn't right with him tonight, I agree with McClane. He just looks uncomfortable.

He's always had a problem getting stripped by smaller guards. That, or he gets blocked way too often for a guy his size. Now I'm not able to watch this game tonight but I'm guessing he's getting stripped by guards and is it because he bringing the ball down low? Just a guess.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's always had a problem getting stripped by smaller guards. That, or he gets blocked way too often for a guy his size. Now I'm not able to watch this game tonight but I'm guessing he's getting stripped by guards and is it because he bringing the ball down low? Just a guess.

He got stripped by a guard once, but he's been stripped by Josh Scott 5 times. Not so much stripped, but the type of play where Scott is behind Zeus, and reaches around to poke the ball away. He's done it time after time after time.

Scott is just a really bad matchup for Tarc. Tarc is the prototypical NBA center (7' with post moves) and Scott is the prototypical NBA PF (6'10" with ultra-long arms and great footwork).