• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AZ @ USC

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Need this game to seal the LA sweep!!!! Run them into the ground!!! Bear Down:yahoo:

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Need to pound this team. I hope we don't take them lightly and our guys remember what happened last year when we did. AZ wins 82-58.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Classic trap game. I expect AZ to come out slow and have a letdown in the first half, only to storm back in the second and win by like 10. We've seen that before.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The players mentioned having a chip on their shoulder from losing to UCLA 3 times last year...

hopefully they also have one from losing on the road to USC.

azchamps

Hoopla Cash
$ 84.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't see this team forgetting they have the #1 target on their back. That is what I love about this season so far. When the chips are down, AZ has pulled it together as a team. These guys are playing with level headiness.
Real word, lok it uop :laugh3: I know I'm not funny :L

GO CATS! BEAR DOWN! BEAT USC!

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope we win this by 20+. UCLA destroyed USC so we should be able to put the hammer on this team early.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Classic trap game. I expect AZ to come out slow and have a letdown in the first half, only to storm back in the second and win by like 10. We've seen that before.

I would be extremely disappointed if it turns out like this, especially after ASU romped USC the other night. A 20+ point win is all I will accept, these guys need to start dominating inferior teams because that is what champions do

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having followed HS basketball recruiting closely for a few decades now, I like to think that I'm clued in on most of the players, especially those who are targeted by West Coast schools...

...but I gotta admit, I just looked at the asu/usc box score and I honestly do not recognize the names of 80% of usc's players. The odd thing about that is 10 of their guys are from Southern Cali.

Personally I hope that Enfield turns them in the right direction. There is no reason why they can't be a top-50 type of program and challenge for the NCAA tourney yearly... but when you have 6 Freshmen on your roster and we avid CBB junkies have never heard of them? That's not a good start.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
... one AP top-10 team already lost today (ISU) and three others (Florida, MSU, Villinova) are currently trailing. Could be another weekend of upsets. Hoping that the Cats are focused and beat usc by double figures.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not going to say that this isn't a classic trap-game scenario... but I would be among the millions who would be shocked if we lost.

I think that the Cats still also remember the loss last year in the Galen Center, which was hands down our worst loss last year (especially after we completely crushed them, earlier in the year).

This is a better coached team than last year's SC team, although the jury is still out on whether is't a better team overall (keep in mind that O'Neill started 7-10 last year, and then Cantu finished with a 7-7 mark in the Pac).

I think that if AZ comes out and just expects to waltz through this game, USC could win like they did last year. But Miller will be making sure that losing to them last year by 11 will be fresh in their minds. Plus, if they win, they will set a new record at AZ for best start. All they need to do is win against USC, and they can come back home and prep for the ASU game on Thursday. And after that, they have a whole week to work on beating CU and Utah at home before the Bay Area trip. So this game is all they need to focus on before a favorable next couple weeks.

In addition to all that, this is one of those few remaining games that they can really put their best effort in, get up by a lot early, and be able to give the starters rest while the bench gets more minutes.

So they can really use this game to get some much need rest--but they have to earn it.

I think AZ does just that. I think they come out and probably has a lag in the first half. I see them up by only about a dozen at half. But then in the second, they can blow the doors off of the place, and be sitting down by the 10:00 mark.

I think AZ wins by 18-25, depending on what the reserves are able to do with the lead. We really need this win before we take it to punish ASU at McKale.

Bear Down gents, almost home!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One less undefeated team!!!!! ISU goes down.

Honestly, I think they will lose, but damn, Wichita State just has one of those Gonzaga schedules from last year for the remainder of their season. I mean, other than Indiana State, Wichita State just doesn't play anyone for the rest of their season. I think they could eventually end up at #1, just because they could just be the last one to lose. If we are really talking about the team who is most likely to go undefeated, it's obviously WSU. Now, I think that the odds are still stacked against them, but I think for as good as Van Fleet and their team is, they are still a paper tiger. Just look at Gonzaga last year in the tourney to see how that worked out (granted, they lost to Wichita State who would go to the Final Four; but still, Gonzaga was the #1 team in the country last year going into the dance. Yet another reason why ranking just don't matter, even in March. Hell, Louisville got the overall #1 seed.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wichita State is struggling right now... down 49-35 to Missouri St. with 14 minutes remaining. Could another undefeated team go down today?

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wichita State is struggling right now... down 49-35 to Missouri St. with 14 minutes remaining. Could another undefeated team go down today?

It certainly looks like it. And I just got done saying that WSU is set up to be the last undefeated. Hahahaha, fucking CBB!:suds:

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn. Well, it almost happened.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GAMEDAY!!!!!!!!

Make it happen, AZ!!!

Jesus, I just looked it up, and AZ has not had an LA trip sweep since 2005!!!! WTF AZ, we need this!!!!!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man Colorado is getting beat up in this game. I hope Dinwiddie is okay.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washingtons uniforms look like crap. Why would you ever make jerseys that shade of expired mustard?

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilcox has the best shot in the conference.