• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Awards

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it better than 2010??? I can't decide - I keep swinging both ways (yea I know us ozzies are weird) this year was great but a rookie leading us to unheard of glory just looms very large in my mind.

Yeah ... I must change my mind each and everytime I think about it. 2010 was special because of the wait (56 years) and also wondering if it would ever happen!

Then 2012 rolls around ... and the unimagineable ... another WS title. I expected to compete but a WS title is never 'in the bag'. You need a good helping of luck to go all the way. For me the 2012 title was defined by esquisite torture. Seemed that we were always backed to the wall. Always seemed to be tettering on 'it was a great season but .....' Then game 5 of the NLCS changes history for us .... everything seems to fall into place. Everything seems to follow a wonderful script for us Giant fans. I have to say I enjoyed 2012 more than 2010 but for different reasons. I wanted the title in 2010 ... just to break the the streak and let me see one at least one .... I wanted 2012 because I wanted every other fan to realize that we were a legitimate WS champion and 2010 wasn't a fluke. I wanted the baseball worlsd to realize that we could not only 'compete' but we could 'win'. For me 2010 was the cake and 2012 was the icing .......

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Posey was supposedly on last night at 6:00pm with Tom and Fatto. Anybody hear it?

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy crap, Miguel Montero actually says something nice about a Giant instead of talking shit???

Wow

"To have that kind of injury and come back with a super season like that, I'm happy for him,'' Arizona Diamondbacks catcher Miguel Montero said. "He's a big presence on that team. It's hard to come back and catch after any injury, let alone one like that.''

I thought he only liked to mouth off about us. I guess that's what happens when the Giants curb stomped them this season. :heh:

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Posey was supposedly on last night at 6:00pm with Tom and Fatto. Anybody hear it?

I heard a few minutes of it. The only thing memorable for me was when he said something about "writers can be fickle people". Talked a little about how much he understood advanced metrics - in relation to the Trout/Cabrera vote - the answer is "not much".

Here's a direct link to the podcast.

In his Mike and Mike interview, he put some emphasis on how much the guys liked each other as the answer to how the team was able to win it all when their "backs were against the wall" so many times.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard a few minutes of it. The only thing memorable for me was when he said something about "writers can be fickle people". Talked a little about how much he understood advanced metrics - in relation to the Trout/Cabrera vote - the answer is "not much".

Here's a direct link to the podcast.

In his Mike and Mike interview, he put some emphasis on how much the guys liked each other as the answer to how the team was able to win it all when their "backs were against the wall" so many times.

Thanks gp, I appreciate it.

Here's some more nice quotes on Posey (which I'm sure a bunch of you have read since it's from the Merc):

San Francisco Giants sing the praises of Buster Posey - San Jose Mercury News

Don't get me wrong, I was excited when Posey fell to the Giants.....I got even more excited when I saw him play down in Fresneck.....but I NEVER imagined any of this in my wildest dreams. So fortunate these past couple years (even some of the down years).....Matt Cain comes up and is exciting, the Freak comes up and just amazes, Buster comes up and puts all the pieces in place and then MadBum comes up and puts the cherry on top in the WS. Then we get to watch Crawford and Belt playing superb defense and getting better with the stick.....good times.

Last edited by a moderator:

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Susan Slusser, who I have new found respect for after seeing her in a thin blouse on a cold day in SF, on why she voted for Cabrera:

In the end, I settled on Cabrera, barely. I based that on his stronger performance down the stretch, helping the Tigers into the playoffs. Yes, Trout’s Angels won more games than Detroit, and no, Trout shouldn’t be penalized for playing in a stronger division, but at the same time, Cabrera shouldn’t be dinged for playing in a weaker one.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Thanks gp, I appreciate it.

Here's some more nice quotes on Posey (which I'm sure a bunch of you have read since it's from the Merc):

San Francisco Giants sing the praises of Buster Posey - San Jose Mercury News

Don't get me wrong, I was excited when Posey fell to the Giants.....I got even more excited when I saw him play down in Fresneck.....but I NEVER imagined any of this in my wildest dreams. So fortunate these past couple years (even some of the down years).....Matt Cain comes up and is exciting, the Freak comes up and just amazes, Buster comes up and puts all the pieces in place and then MadBum comes up and puts the cherry on top in the WS. Then we get to watch Crawford and Belt playing superb defense and getting better with the stick.....good times.

We don't have much to complain about, do we?

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not enuf EZ you rasists....at leest there is Pagan, Blanco and Scuetero!!!

AI YAY YAI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JA

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

AB: YOU PUSSIES WILL FIND SOMETHING TO BITCH ABOUT I'M SURE. YOU'RE FUCKING WELCOME. I'LL MANAGE THE SHIT OUTTA 2013 TOO.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So much epic win in this thread.

Nothing relevent to today, just a fun look-back read...