• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ATL game just got alot tougher

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys are more worried about ripping the ball than they are actually bringing the runner down (Carroll mentioned this in the post game presser). Hopefully they got an earful this week and we can at least slow down the Atlanta running game tomorrow. A mediocre showing against the run would be a huge improvement at this point.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys are more worried about ripping the ball than they are actually bringing the runner down (Carroll mentioned this in the post game presser). Hopefully they got an earful this week and we can at least slow down the Atlanta running game tomorrow. A mediocre showing against the run would be a huge improvement at this point.

Exactly. The one problem I have with PC's philosophy of explosive/turnover plays and run defense not mattering as much as pass defense is, I feel the players can get complacent on run plays and when they do get to the guy they focus on the strip. Someone on Field Gulls pointed out that the LBs were trying to slip under blocks, which is a gamble because you can make a big stop that way, but if the RB is patient, like the last two have been, then the hole is wide open to the other side and then it is up to Kam and Earl to make the stop.

The Hawks are very good at addressing issues they have found in games. For example 3rd downs against the Rams. Then against TB, they were very good on 3rd down. I think they will be very good against the run tomorrow and am crossing my fingers that nothing else gets lost in the focus on stopping the run. Harry Douglas can be dangerous and if Roddy Plays, then they have 3 legit targets as well as a rotation of Jackson and Rodgers.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There's a similar issue too that I really can't stand. Guys come running in to stop the running back and what do they do? They blast him with arms tucked. The problem is NFL running backs are so tough that they often times just shake it off and keep going. Use your arms and wrap him up. Tackling is an art that is seemingly going out the door in football.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a similar issue too that I really can't stand. Guys come running in to stop the running back and what do they do? They blast him with arms tucked. The problem is NFL running backs are so tough that they often times just shake it off and keep going. Use your arms and wrap him up. Tackling is an art that is seemingly going out the door in football.

Thats Earl. He has never been known as a good tackler. I think he has improved, but he got lucky a few times last game when he did that exact thing and it either got the player out of bounds or another Seahawk was right there to finish the tackle.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am a little bit worried about the game because i feel that Atlanta will bring hyped up to play us especially from what happened in the playoffs last season. I think thats what happens when you play good teams the game last week was a close one because as a super bowl contender facing a team that hasnt won a game this season at home you tend to play to there level. However with the falcons that whole stadium will be loud, they will be ready to play come sunday knowing there gonna play a good team.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. The one problem I have with PC's philosophy of explosive/turnover plays and run defense not mattering as much as pass defense is, I feel the players can get complacent on run plays and when they do get to the guy they focus on the strip. Someone on Field Gulls pointed out that the LBs were trying to slip under blocks, which is a gamble because you can make a big stop that way, but if the RB is patient, like the last two have been, then the hole is wide open to the other side and then it is up to Kam and Earl to make the stop.

The Hawks are very good at addressing issues they have found in games. For example 3rd downs against the Rams. Then against TB, they were very good on 3rd down. I think they will be very good against the run tomorrow and am crossing my fingers that nothing else gets lost in the focus on stopping the run. Harry Douglas can be dangerous and if Roddy Plays, then they have 3 legit targets as well as a rotation of Jackson and Rodgers.

If a team is gonna try to knock the ball loose on as many plays as possible, the rule has to be that the first guy to get to the ball carrier has to be the tackler and let the guys that come in next try to punch the ball out. You're right that too many opposing ball carriers have been able to bounce off because our guys are either going for the big hit or trying to punch the ball out as the first guy there. Hopefully the coaching staff has said that while they would like to get turnovers when they can, the first priority should be to wrap the guy up if you're the first one to the ball carrier.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know. If you don't win by at least 14 - 20 points I would be shocked. Cam makes mistakes and he hasn't faced your Defense which is one of the best in the league. It seems you are back to power football as well. Honestly, I think the Niners are the team to beat in the NFC right now. Mainly because our team is riddled with injuries. We are a close second, but the schedule you played early on was pretty brutal and like us, you are getting players back every week.

I also doubt we can pull off a large victory against the Falcons. On the road, early start, missing 4 of the 5 starters on O-Line and the one guy that did start the year is a guy who played D-line in college and has limited experience. Roddy White may be back which would help them dramatically so we can't just double Gonzalez and jam the box. If we win, I think it will be within 10 and may need another comeback.

Guess I was wrong here. haha. Got skunked, no fish for dinner. I know I shouldn't bait the hook, but I couldn't resist. The results of the games were just how I wanted them though in spite of my troll attempt.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
2017 he [Red Bryant] becomes a free agent and by then will be used up.

:suds:

Red Bryant - DL - Seahawks

Seahawks LE Red Bryant currently has an $8.5 million cap number for 2014.

Working against Bryant is a $3 million roster bonus due on March 14. Bryant only played 488 snaps in 2013, offers next to nothing in terms of a pass rush, and turns 30 in April. The Seahawks are looking to clear as much cap space as possible with important players like DL Michael Bennett set to hit the open market next month.
Source: USA Today

Feb 3 - 7:27 PM

:drool:

:eyebrows:

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NO

you can not have Big Red!

I hope he restructures. knowing Big Red and the type of person he is, he shouldn't have any issues doing just that. The Players that could very well be gone are Rice ( i wouldn't mind keeping him ) Clemons. His replacements are on the team all ready but again wouldn't mind keeping him, Having him 100% healthy for next year would just be a bonus. He wasn't fully healthy most of this season recovering from the torn ACL but he is starting to get long in the tooth.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
NO

you can not have Big Red!

I hope he restructures. knowing Big Red and the type of person he is, he shouldn't have any issues doing just that. The Players that could very well be gone are Rice ( i wouldn't mind keeping him ) Clemons. His replacements are on the team all ready but again wouldn't mind keeping him, Having him 100% healthy for next year would just be a bonus. He wasn't fully healthy most of this season recovering from the torn ACL but he is starting to get long in the tooth.

I hope you're wrong. I've wanted him on the 49ers for years.

I hate that guy! He's a huge (literally) pain in the O-line's ass.

Seeing Clemons gone wouldn't inspire any sad feelings either. Wouldn't want him in SF because they don't need OLBs, but he's still been a Niner killer over the years.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bryant is one of my least liked players. He lacks agility, doesnt have a high football IQ, provides ZERO pass rush, and I am not entirely sure how important he is to our run defense either.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Bryant is one of my least liked players. He lacks agility, doesnt have a high football IQ, provides ZERO pass rush, and I am not entirely sure how important he is to our run defense either.

I hope your GM agrees with you.

Red was designed to play in a 3-4 IMO.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if we will ever see 2011 Red Bryant again. He was hurt all of last year and didnt have a great year. He was better this year but still no where near 2011 form. I love for what he brings to the team with the leadership ability. I hear he is the last guy to address the team before games. Even after Pete. Nevertheless he is 30 and is almost certainly on the decline. I think in the end he needs to be restructured or cut along with Clemons and Rice.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if we will ever see 2011 Red Bryant again. He was hurt all of last year and didnt have a great year. He was better this year but still no where near 2011 form. I love for what he brings to the team with the leadership ability. I hear he is the last guy to address the team before games. Even after Pete. Nevertheless he is 30 and is almost certainly on the decline. I think in the end he needs to be restructured or cut along with Clemons and Rice.

Yeah I love his personality and what he's done for the Seahawks, but the Seahawks have some hard choices to make and Red could be one of them.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope your GM agrees with you.

Red was designed to play in a 3-4 IMO.

He wont get pushed around, but he finds himself out of position when he shouldn't and he has no ability to get back to where he should be. If he isn't stuffing a gap, chances are the RB will run right by him. He was better this year but I think that might have had a lot to do with the players around him.