• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Assuming Bryan Colangelo does not F up the 76'ers

mannyz

The Real Batman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Ben Simmons is as good as advertised, and we know Embiid is very good, what is the likelihood of getting high level talent to buy in as FA's?
I am hoping Colangelo does not make any stupid trades, he is very capable of doing that.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Ben Simmons is as good as advertised, and we know Embiid is very good, what is the likelihood of getting high level talent to buy in as FA's?
I am hoping Colangelo does not make any stupid trades, he is very capable of doing that.

Define high level?

You need a pg.

Holiday, been there done that.

Derek Rose- pass

Collison- Meh

Jeff Teague, George Hill....sure. But, you would need to over pay and they probably would still take less to play for a contender.

They need shooters.

If Im them, I'd target Patty Mills and JJ Redick.

Simmons can handle the pg duties.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Define high level?

You need a pg.

Holiday, been there done that.

Derek Rose- pass

Collison- Meh

Jeff Teague, George Hill....sure. But, you would need to over pay and they probably would still take less to play for a contender.

They need shooters.

If Im them, I'd target Patty Mills and JJ Redick.

Simmons can handle the pg duties.

I'd be ok with Mills and/or Redick. I'd also be ok with Holiday. He isn't great off the ball but he is a solid player and fans always seemed to like him.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be ok with Mills and/or Redick. I'd also be ok with Holiday. He isn't great off the ball but he is a solid player and fans always seemed to like him.

But, do you think be would come back?

I don't unless they get better pieces.

Even with them being a trainwreck, if the Knicks chase him, be might opt fkr the brighter lights.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But, do you think be would come back?

I don't unless they get better pieces.

Even with them being a trainwreck, if the Knicks chase him, be might opt fkr the brighter lights.

It depends largely on how Simmons/Embiid perform down the stretch and how the rest of the pieces on the team fall into place. I don't know that the situation gets any better for a guard -- Jrue would be the only above average guard on the roster right now and he'd presumably get to play the next 3-4 years with two guys who are projecting to be top 10 players in the NBA by the end of that time frame, possibly as soon as a year or two from now. The Sixers have picks and money -- it's a nice situation. The bigger question is whether the Sixers would want to spend a solid chunk of money on a guy with injury concerns and who may not even fit with a ball-dominant point forward (things didn't work with Holiday and Evan Turner).

So, in the end, you're probably right. He probably goes to a team that's willing to pay him and that has a better chance of winning in the next two years. Not sure the Knicks fit that bill, though.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simmons has all the makings of a Point-PF. If he can do that, that's a huge advantage.

The thing is the 76ers can't worry about fit just yet. They need to just continue to draft the best players available and worry about fit later down the road. Embiid and Simmons will need seasoning. Add in a good nucleus of other young up and comers and the roster could really turn a corner in 2 years time. After that you'll have a really talented young roster, tons of cap space and you can be a draw to free agents. You'll also have a ton of assets at your disposal for trades.

76ers future is definitely bright.

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard interesting speculation about trade with Blazers for CJM. He would fit great with Sixers & Simmons.

Noel would go to Portland -- he would fit there very well.

But the trade idea had Sixers giving up a lot ... Noel plus two high first rounders. I thought that sounded too steep.

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simmons has all the makings of a Point-PF. If he can do that, that's a huge advantage.

The thing is the 76ers can't worry about fit just yet. They need to just continue to draft the best players available and worry about fit later down the road. ...

I agree with this -- but a lot of people disagree with how they drafted Noel, Okafor, then Embiid. But I think if you look at it at the time -- each one was the right person to draft. But now it is time to move Noel or Okafor.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're gonna max Derrick Rose this summer. Book it. They've got a ton of money to spend and very few to spend it on. They'll make a run at Kyle Lowry, he'll refuse since he wants to win, and they'll settle for Rose.

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're gonna max Derrick Rose this summer. Book it. They've got a ton of money to spend and very few to spend it on. They'll make a run at Kyle Lowry, he'll refuse since he wants to win, and they'll settle for Rose.

I think Rose is the worst type of PG to put with Simmons and the young players. (ball dominant, shooting PG)

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The 76ers will be able to draft a better PG than Rose with the pick that L.A. will be conveying to them.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard interesting speculation about trade with Blazers for CJM. He would fit great with Sixers & Simmons.

Noel would go to Portland -- he would fit there very well.

But the trade idea had Sixers giving up a lot ... Noel plus two high first rounders. I thought that sounded too steep.

Not sure I could justify two high first rounders for McCollum.