• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A's Olson To Braves

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Braves acquired 1B Matt Olson from the Athletics for OF Cristian Pache, C Shea Langeliers, RHP Ryan Cusick and RHP Joey Estes.​

Olson, a Georgia native, should benefit tremendously from the hitter-friendly dimensions of Truist Park in Atlanta and a massively upgraded supporting cast, which will boost his run-producing opportunities this season. The 27-year-old four-category fantasy stalwart posted a phenomenal .271/.371/.540 triple-slash line with a career-high 39 homers and four stolen bases in 673 plate appearances last year. It's hard to imagine him landing in a much better spot.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Braves acquired 1B Matt Olson from the Athletics for OF Cristian Pache, C Shea Langeliers, RHP Ryan Cusick and RHP Joey Estes.​

Olson, a Georgia native, should benefit tremendously from the hitter-friendly dimensions of Truist Park in Atlanta and a massively upgraded supporting cast, which will boost his run-producing opportunities this season. The 27-year-old four-category fantasy stalwart posted a phenomenal .271/.371/.540 triple-slash line with a career-high 39 homers and four stolen bases in 673 plate appearances last year. It's hard to imagine him landing in a much better spot.
Dang, Jerry could’ve match that rather easily. Maybe Oakland wouldn’t have traded within the division.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dang, Jerry could’ve match that rather easily. Maybe Oakland wouldn’t have traded within the division.
not sure how those guys compare to what we would have sent. I think the division played a small part if tings equal, but no part if we bettered the deal. Oh well.

EDIT: Langeliers #68 and Pache #69 on Top 100

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not sure how those guys compare to what we would have sent. I think the division played a small part if tings equal, but no part if we bettered the deal. Oh well.

EDIT: Langeliers #68 and Pache #69 on Top 100
Marte, Hancock and Raleigh IMO is a better deal. Or a guy like DeLoach who’s only path the big leagues is if Kelenic and JRod flame out. Getting Olson and moving France back to 3B IMO would’ve been bigger than had they landed Bryant or Story.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marte, Hancock and Raleigh IMO is a better deal. Or a guy like DeLoach who’s only path the big leagues is if Kelenic and JRod flame out. Getting Olson and moving France back to 3B IMO would’ve been bigger than had they landed Bryant or Story.
Any of those 3 would have been a bigger deal than what they got, but Marte should be off limits unless a blockbuster deal. Again, Jerry doesn't get the big deals done. Ray is the one exception in his many. many years of being an MLB GM. Either ownership said not to spend again or he just isn't good at recruiting.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any of those 3 would have been a bigger deal than what they got, but Marte should be off limits unless a blockbuster deal. Again, Jerry doesn't get the big deals done. Ray is the one exception in his many. many years of being an MLB GM. Either ownership said not to spend again or he just isn't good at recruiting.
Marte is off limits, which to me is why this off-season was a disappointment. IMO the objective should’ve been make Marte expendable, not to trade him but make his available for the deadline. They don’t have a 3B of the future, no offense for this trade, so they are kind of stuck at the deadline if they need a big bat or ace level pitcher.

srf1957

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We just have to wait to trade deadline . Then if we are close he can send top prospects for a piece of deadmeat .

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marte is off limits, which to me is why this off-season was a disappointment. IMO the objective should’ve been make Marte expendable, not to trade him but make his available for the deadline. They don’t have a 3B of the future, no offense for this trade, so they are kind of stuck at the deadline if they need a big bat or ace level pitcher.

Suarez is at 3B for another couple years right?

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suarez is at 3B for another couple years right?
I think I read 3 years left but he is a 1 tool player. No disrespect but his last two seasons says he isn’t a starter on a WS contender.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If a team has a plan of just waiting to add at the deadline, then be prepared to overpay which makes little sense to me. Add now and keep your future together. It isn't that hard, but Jerry doesn't seem to want to pull the trigger or ownership doesn't want to open the purse strings. Shocker!

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I read 3 years left but he is a 1 tool player. No disrespect but his last two seasons says he isn’t a starter on a WS contender.

i think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

I think he's probably a 2-3 win player.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

I think he's probably a 2-3 win player.
But he is a big big downgrade with any metric than Seager was last year and if Marte doesn’t get traded this year that is his position next year. From the looks of it, Suarez was a salary dumb to get the deal done. He doesn’t have a future with the club outside of maybe a DH but A. That leaves a hole at 3B and B. They now have 5 OF’s who they will be rotating in and out of DH to get them AB’s.