• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

As I said....

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said, in the playoffs give me baby brother everytime.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If Peyton were behind center, the Giants would've won in blowout fashion. That last drive wouldn't have even been needed.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry but there are no playoff stats that back up that statement. Absolutely 0.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
What playoff stats show Eli is better? You've never shown any. You just say Eli's are better in comparison to his own regular season stats and Peyton's are worse in comparison to his own. However, head to head, their playoff stats are pretty similar. If Brady's WRs made a couple of key catches, Eli loses this game.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 game winning drives for Eli and 0 for Peyton. And you just made my point for me, if Eli and Peytona stats are so similar why would it have been a blowout if Peyton was there ? His stats actually after this game are probably a little worse than Elis. Before this game the only thing Peyton had the edge in if you average Elis stats over 19 games is yards and completion %. Peyton still has an edge in yards but that 75% today Estes the gap on completion % and Eli already had the edge in TDs and fewer INTs.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eli has proven himself, though, now twice over.....right now I'd prefer him over big brother questionmark......

Servo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Peyton Manning in his prime was one of the best QB's I've ever seen play. Great win by Eli but you gotta give some credit to Coughlin and the Giants D that held the pats in check.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peyton Manning in his prime was one of the best QB's I've ever seen play. Great win by Eli but you gotta give some credit to Coughlin and the Giants D that held the pats in check.

All true....but Eli was 30 of 40 in the game, and played brilliantly.....

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Don't get me wrong. Eli had a great game, especially for those of you who claim Tebow's 45% passing was a great game. Eli played great, but he still loses if not for the great Giants D.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the name Peyton Manning were not attached to his stats and W/L record they wouldn't even be getting talked about and definitely not as being better than Eli. It kills me that people shoot their load over Peyton Manning being a great playoff QB when nothing supports that. They hear Peyton Manning....ooooohhhhh load shot.....greatest regular season QB of all time, not a great playoff QB, doesn't have the nuts little bro has.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't get me wrong. Eli had a great game, especially for those of you who claim Tebow's 45% passing was a great game. Eli played great, but he still loses if not for the great Giants D.

Doesn't matter. Brady doesn't win if not for Vinatari, Peyton doesn't win if not for his D and running game, the list goes on and on. Eli made the plays when it mattered most and drove that team down the field to take the game winning lead. He hit Manningham on an absolute BEAUTIFUL throw, and big bro wouldn't have made that throw because he would have gotten sacked because he has the mobility of a 100 year old woman.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry but there are no playoff stats that back up that statement. Absolutely 0.

Doesn't matter. Brady doesn't win if not for Vinatari, Peyton doesn't win if not for his D and running game, the list goes on and on. Eli made the plays when it mattered most and drove that team down the field to take the game winning lead. He hit Manningham on an absolute BEAUTIFUL throw, and big bro wouldn't have made that throw because he would have gotten sacked because he has the mobility of a 100 year old woman.

:yawn:

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's a team game....quarterbacks have always gotten too much credit for wins and too much blame for losses.....but Eli is now definitely an elite quarterback, and must have known something when he asserted the same during the preseason.......

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I pretty much agree, though I think you are underestimating Peyton's mobility....he's always had a good feel for where pressure is coming from, and has a knack for just moving a step or two to either side to buy time......

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peyton needs a weak team so he can rack up HUGE stats, lol.

The AFC playoffs have just been difficult for him, it's an odds/numbers thing...

His offense is great, until it meets a kick ass defense.
The colts had harder defenses to get through most years.
not to mention the refs suck'n Pittsburgh's cocks.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say Peyton at his peak is better.

but clearly, Eli is the man now.

It's his day, and he oughta have it.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
In the 2 SB runs for the Giants:

Bucs averaged 28 ppg, the Giants only allowed them 14 points
Cowboys averaged 28 ppg, allowed 21 points
GB averaged 27 ppg, allowed 20 points
NE averaged 37 points, allowed 14

Atlanta averaged 25 ppg, allowed 0
GB averaged 35 ppg, allowed 20
SF averaged 24 ppg, allowed 17
NE averaged 32 ppg, allowed 17

Those are some great defensive performances. Never did they allow their opponents to score within a TD of their season averages. 3 of the 8 games they held their opponents to 7 points less than their season averages. The remaining 5 out of 8 games they held their opponents to 14 points less than their season averages. In their SB's, they held the Pats to 23 and 15 points less than their season averages.

Eli Manning is good, but he's NEVER done it without a TON of help.

Coincidentally, those have also been their only wins in the playoffs.

The other 3 seasons they made the playoffs, each game their opponents scored less than 1-3 points of their season averages and the Giants were 1 and done each time.

Additionally - as an aside - 2 of Eli's 7 seasons in the league, they've outright missed the playoffs. And 2 of the 5 seasons that they made the playoffs, they did so with 8 and 9 wins.