• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Article on Scott Frost

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey I was following a writer at the Eugene Register Guard on twitter and he posted some link about an article on Scott Frost and his discussions with Nebraska? I couldnt open the link on my phone and I couldnt get the web address for it either. Any of you guys come across this? Read it? I checked the RG and can't find anything on it, he just posted it on his twitter feed.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thank you, good article.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get the feeling there's something more to it than just not being offered a higher position, everyone say's he and Bo don't see eye to eye, but I think there is something else, maybe he just likes the west coast too much? idk

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get the feeling there's something more to it than just not being offered a higher position, everyone say's he and Bo don't see eye to eye, but I think there is something else, maybe he just likes the west coast too much? idk

he LOVES Oregon. :)

No, but my guess is your coach just did not offer him the straight up position as OC and that is what coach Frost wants. You can tell he is a very hard worker and very determined young coach, it will definately take him places but at this moment in his young career I bet your coach just didn't feel comfortable enough to put the entire offense in his hands. I know Peleni is a very defensive minded coach so he probably doesn't do much with the O and probably wanted someone he could trust and was more experienced to take that role. Can't say I blame him.

Frost has done a tremendous job at Oregon. If you guys knew our WRs before he arrived, oh God :L...Couldn't catch anything and were very weak. They were athletic as hell but they weren't very productive on the field. Since Frost showed up he has made them more physical, they do an amazing job blocking and they can finally catch the ball. Jeff Maehl is a perfect example of what Frost has been able to do with his WRs. Maehl was a freakin defensive secondary his freshman season, he turned into our most reliable WR by his SR year.

I am going to be saddened when the day comes and Frost leaves Oregon for a head coaching job, because down the road somewhere that job is waiting for him. My guess is he makes a jump to OC at Oregon after this season, continues to learn from a great offensive minded coach like Chip Kelly and within 4-5 years he will start to look and be offered head coaching jobs at some schools. Frosts coaching career is young, but it is most certainely going to take off. Great coaches are made from experience and those you have worked under and learned from. Frost had the opportunity to play tough hardnose football under Osborne and now he is learning from another great offensive minded coach in Kelly. He has a great balance of knowledge and when he does get an opportunity to run his style it will definately be interesting to see what it consists of, my guess? Damn tough to stop.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He still remembers gettin' booed.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Frost would of taken the OC position but Beck was in line for it already. Not saying anything against Beck but neither have the experience but Frost has the results. I probably would of went with Frost.
But then Pelini knows Beck, knows the kids and knows the football a hell of lot more than me. I am sure he has his man there and that is the best thing for Nebraska.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also could have been Frost saw he had a better/faster path to becoming a head coach if he stayed at Oregon. My guess is after next season he takes the OC role and he probably thought going to Nebraska he would be Co-OC for a few years. Also, with the guys Oregon has returning it would be hard to leave all that talent.

AHFox

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beck was always gonna be the OC at Nebraska once Watson was let go and the only way Frost was gonna coach at Nebraska at this point in time would have been to coach the WR's he didn't want to make a lateral move I don't blame him.

popeyecv64

and thats all I have to say about that
Smack dab in the middle of a great state Nebraska
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scott Frost --will hang around the Duck world fer about 2 more years
then after he has gleaned Chip Kellys offencive muscle and art
he will come back to the Husker Land to help his most favorite team eeever