• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Arod - Heart of the Yankees!

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he should get suspended.
Arod has no balls. Isn't that grounds for testosterone therapy?

mike hunt

Hoopla Cash
$ 850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You forgot Heart & Soul, remember when Cashman told rod not to opt out of his contract or he was no longer going to be a Yankee, we all know what happened next A-rod was given a contract worth around 300 million with incentives and the Yanks have been trying to get out of it since.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Losing Alex at 3rd would be devastating to the Yankees. Trust me, we're not trying to get rid of him." - Brian Cashman

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"A-Rod is not trustworthy and never takes responsibility for his actions."

-Ryan Braun

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Losing Alex at 3rd would be devastating to the Yankees. Trust me, we're not trying to get rid of him." - Brian Cashman

How quickly his tune has changed once he was "charged." Cashman couldn't wait to get rid of him.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeter on A-Rod.

"I can't tell you what he's thinking, I can't tell you if he's glad about this or glad about that, you have to ask him," Jeter said. "For us, we don't have to deal with it. It's over and done with. It's a situation he has to deal with. It is what it is. He's not going to be here this year so you have to find ways to get it done."

Derek Jeter on Alex Rodriguez: 'It's over and done with' - Newsday

Lemon Harang Pie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree: Payrod NEVER accepts responsibility it's always someone else's fault…

In his defense an awful lot of other guys did the same exact thing he did and are now they're trying to hang the whole thing on him. I would be pissed off too if I were in his shoes.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In his defense an awful lot of other guys did the same exact thing he did and are now they're trying to hang the whole thing on him. I would be pissed off too if I were in his shoes.

WTF? So you are saying that he is innocent because others have screwed the pooch too?

Lemon Harang Pie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF? So you are saying that he is innocent because others have screwed the pooch too?

No.

I'm saying I would be pissed too if I were made the scapegoat for something a lot of other people also did. I think he has handled the situation pretty well too.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No.

I'm saying I would be pissed too if I were made the scapegoat for something a lot of other people also did. I think he has handled the situation pretty well too.

Question: Did you watch the 60 Minutes piece?

Lemon Harang Pie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because it sounds like you're under the impression that A-Rod is being victimized here.

He is being victimized.

I get that he's always been an unpopular guy but there's no real reason his suspension should be so drastically longer then everyone else's. MLB certainly didn't care about interference when Melky Cabrera was creating fake websites and Ryan Braun was screaming that he was being persecuted by anti-Semites.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is being victimized.

I get that he's always been an unpopular guy but there's no real reason his suspension should be so drastically longer then everyone else's. MLB certainly didn't care about interference when Melky Cabrera was creating fake websites and Ryan Braun was screaming that he was being persecuted by anti-Semites.

Arod is a victim? I think I need to get in touch with my "inner pussy"

Lemon Harang Pie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arod is a victim? I think I need to get in touch with my "inner pussy"

He's certainly not being treated like David Ortiz, who also failed a steroid test.

He committed the crime and should do the time but that time should be the same time everyone else is getting, which obviously it is not.

steveringo

People's Front of Judea
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's certainly not being treated like David Ortiz, who also failed a steroid test.

He committed the crime and should do the time but that time should be the same time everyone else is getting, which obviously it is not.

David Ortiz was asked last summer if anyone had ever told him what he had reportedly tested positive for during Major League Baseball’s supposedly anonymous 2003 survey testing, a result revealed by the New York Times in July 2009. Here’s his response.

No. Nobody. Not MLB. Not the Players Association. Nobody. They just threw it out there that I tested positive on this one list and that was it. Nothing. So I have to deal with that, and your mind is all over the place. And I’ve lived with it.

It is something that is still in the dark because nobody ever had the [guts] to come to me and say, ‘This is what was happening.’ You damaged my image at the time, and it has always stayed like that. No explanation. No nothing.

A lot of things happen in your career that has to do with bad people trying to do stupid things.