• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Armchair GMs...check this out.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe, the # of comp picks is based on how many FAs we lose compared to how many we sign. Like if we've lost 3 and sign 2, we will get one comp pick. But how they determine which player will be factored in that comp pick is beyond me.

Yea Micro the formula is so super secret as said earlier by many. I have seen teams lose three and sign two and still not get one. No guarentees. There is always 32 extra picks, but not always given out for FA signings we normally see. They may not warrant enough picks that way. They may only give out 28 one season and the other go to top four teams drafting in round one.
I been reading material by the guy from OTC and he uses snap % a lot along with money.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blaylock was not eligible to give the Falcons a comp pick from what I read if the Lions had signed him.

If The Lions moved Jones inside then he would fit a DT role. Having him move down on passing downs is iffy at best. The injury thing is age and history, so I don't see the Lions using him as many snaps.

The Lions do have an abundance of Des. Tapp, Jones, Webster, Taylor, and Ansah. Not to mention Johnson if they resign him So moving Jones down is a distinct possibility. But for the roster and realistic purposes he will be one or the other IMO.

As for Raji he missed last season and if he signs a reasonable contract no way no how would he give the packers a 3rd as comp. And if Ngata is worth the Lions 4th and 5th then a guy like Paea would be worth dropping a comp adjustment.

At what point in time did a 4th or 5th round comp pick become more valuable than a contributing player? It's not even the Lions pick we are talking about but a comp.

I would much rather see a guy like Paea that could have helped this team compete for a playoff spot than a 4th or 5th comp pick next season.

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure I called your thought, specifically, baseless. When I say "they" or "them" I think you're assuming that's you every time, or even most times, and it's not.
Post #210. You actually quote one of my posts. Pretty sure 100 out of 100 people would take it that you were directing it my way, because you were.

On top of that the two Mayhew negative opinions preceding your post was Swarm and I, thus the "You guys crack me up.." first line.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Post #210. You actually quote one of my posts. Pretty sure 100 out of 100 people would take it that you were directing it my way, because you were.

On top of that the two Mayhew negative opinions preceding your post was Swarm and I, thus the "You guys crack me up.." first line.
Fair enough. 98% Swarm / 2% Dr. Evil-est.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take this bet. How much? Seeing as how Watt just signed a 6 year extension last year, which doesn't kick in for two years -- he will be 33 or 34 before he hits the open market, unless Houston releases him, which means he is no longer a dominant DL.

How much do I win?

You get to pick who replaces Suh in the new banner. Rob Sims?

Dr. Evil-er

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not even close to funny. Not even close. :mad2:
Fucking Rob Sims probably back on the team. Holy shit batman!! :exploding:

Yeah, there's no justification or validity to anyone who thinks Millenhew is a damn joke. :noidea:

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's what I am talking about. I'm going to have to put some real thought into this. Does it have to be one player or can it be a collaboration of players -- Maybe we can just have a graveyard of players drafted in the 1st and 2nd round by Mayhew over the years -- that way, Suh can still stay. We can add Fairley, Best, Broyles, Titus Young, LeShoure, Delmas. Hell -- we can even add Pettigrew. Our top 20 pick that is a blocking TE.

THANK GOD for the 2013 draft because Detroit has had a rough go on some drafts. Even when Detroit hit on some later round picks -- we let the guys walk. Like Sammie Lee Hill and Willie Young. I completely forgot about Willie Young -- he signs for dirt cheap with a division rival and has 10 sacks in his 1st year with them.

Damnit -- Just responding to you makes me resort back to bashing Mayhew.

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Millen was notorious for not listening to anyone and being ridiculously thick headed and stubborn. You're trying to blame Mayhew for his former boss being an idiot. That's quite a reach, if I do say so...

The ROOT... William Clay Ford hired Millen to set up the West Coast Offense. WCF also wanted Lewand and Mayhew around after the uprising to oust Millen. WCF wanted Mayhew opinions on who should be the Lions GM. WCF had one playoff win during his ownership of doing what he thought was right instead of what was best.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ROOT... William Clay Ford hired Millen to set up the West Coast Offense. WCF also wanted Lewand and Mayhew around after the uprising to oust Millen. WCF wanted Mayhew opinions on who should be the Lions GM. WCF had one playoff win during his ownership of doing what he thought was right instead of what was best.
Perks of being wealthy enough to own your own football team, imo.

I'm not going to rag on a dead guy who gave as much to his city as WCF did, though. Maybe he was too loyal towards his staff to be a good owner from our perspective, but he was an active philanthropist who did a ton for Detroit.

Maybe Bill has some more progressive ideas on that front than his father did, though? We'll see if/when Mayhew strings together 2 or 3 non- playoff seasons in a row again...

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what I am talking about. I'm going to have to put some real thought into this. Does it have to be one player or can it be a collaboration of players -- Maybe we can just have a graveyard of players drafted in the 1st and 2nd round by Mayhew over the years -- that way, Suh can still stay. We can add Fairley, Best, Broyles, Titus Young, LeShoure, Delmas. Hell -- we can even add Pettigrew. Our top 20 pick that is a blocking TE.

THANK GOD for the 2013 draft because Detroit has had a rough go on some drafts. Even when Detroit hit on some later round picks -- we let the guys walk. Like Sammie Lee Hill and Willie Young. I completely forgot about Willie Young -- he signs for dirt cheap with a division rival and has 10 sacks in his 1st year with them.

Damnit -- Just responding to you makes me resort back to bashing Mayhew.

Please pick Ebron. Please. Please!!!

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perks of being wealthy enough to own your own football team, imo.

I'm not going to rag on a dead guy who gave as much to his city as WCF did, though. Maybe he was too loyal towards his staff to be a good owner from our perspective, but he was an active philanthropist who did a ton for Detroit.

Maybe Bill has some more progressive ideas on that front than his father did, though? We'll see if/when Mayhew strings together 2 or 3 non- playoff seasons in a row again...

Never said WCF was a bad guy, but he's the main reason for the Lions woes. To still be friends with Millen after running the organization into the ground makes me wonder if Millen wasn't the scapegoat.

Dr. Evil-er

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then put WCF, Millen, Millenhew, Lewand, Moroninelli, Mouch, Morninhweg, Schwartz, and a flaming bag of shit and its a brilliantly fitting banner.

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me ask a question. Other than me does anyone else see the GM as the QB off the field? If so, how long would you choose to stick with the 18th ranked QB in the league and expect to win a championship?

When WCF was looking to fill Millen position, WCF was quoted for saying he didn't know if the next GM would have total authority. Mayhew might be answering to Martha Firestone Ford these days.

Dr. Evil-er

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When WCF was looking to fill Millen position, WCF was quoted for saying he didn't know if the next GM would have total authority. Mayhew might be answering to Martha Firestone Ford these days.

Perhaps, but I feel confident that she isnt setting the direction of the team. You didn't answer my question.

Would you want to replace the QB of your team if after 6 years he was rated as the league's 18th best QB?

The GM is our off the field QB, and he's ranked 18th according to the article posted. Is that good enough for you?

It's simply not for me. I'm not sure that he even belongs at 18th and that is before last years draft and this years offseason. IMO he falls even further down in those rankings based on that.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps, but I feel confident that she isnt setting the direction of the team. You didn't answer my question.

Would you want to replace the QB of your team if after 6 years he was rated as the league's 18th best QB?

The GM is our off the field QB, and he's ranked 18th according to the article posted. Is that good enough for you?

It's simply not for me. I'm not sure that he even belongs at 18th and that is before last years draft and this years offseason. IMO he falls even further down in those rankings based on that.

So far we haven't.

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You didn't answer my question.

As a small business owner I don't mess around... if my employees aren't making me look good then their not doing their jobs. The countless times teams have gone from blackouts to the Super Bowl in three years and look at the Lions Organization of bending the fans over without a reach around is unreal.

Dr. Evil-er

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a small business owner I don't mess around... if my employees aren't making me look good then their not doing their jobs. The countless times teams have gone from blackouts to the Super Bowl in three years and look at the Lions Organization of bending the fans over without a reach around is unreal.

Have Millenhew and LewanDUI made the Lions organization look good?

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Only if we're guaranteed to get a better one.

What's that saying about the devil you know...?

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have Millenhew and LewanDUI made the Lions organization look good?

By yours and my standards no... obviously the Ford family has lowered the bar since they took over the Organization. Martha Firestone Ford has one year under her belt and hopefully shes not as senile as WCF.