• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Are you all going to thank BoP for getting us to a bowl?

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't thank Bo Pelini for scratching my ass if my fingers fell off.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I pointed that out a couple weeks ago how it would be rather ironic that Nebraska goes because of the previous staff and how the previous staff had the Nebraska student athletes actually do studying.

Unlike how it happens at other schools. (ie North Carolina, Miami, Texas)

It is a shame that a 5-7 school goes though. I can stomach 6-6, barely, and I would much prefer a WINNING record 7-5 or better be the worst record that a football team could have.

As long as ESPN pays for crap bowl games, schools will take advantage of getting those 15 extra practices, even if it means LOSING money on the bowl game.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want them to make a bowl for the extra practices, not because playing the Tidy Bowl will be so awesome and it would deem the season a success. Not having those extra work days for bowl prep would almost be equivalent to taking away spring camp. The whole month of Dec + is a recruiting dead period so it's not as big of a deal recruiting wise beyond some extra tv time

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I pointed that out a couple weeks ago how it would be rather ironic that Nebraska goes because of the previous staff and how the previous staff had the Nebraska student athletes actually do studying.

Unlike how it happens at other schools. (ie North Carolina, Miami, Texas)

It is a shame that a 5-7 school goes though. I can stomach 6-6, barely, and I would much prefer a WINNING record 7-5 or better be the worst record that a football team could have.

As long as ESPN pays for crap bowl games, schools will take advantage of getting those 15 extra practices, even if it means LOSING money on the bowl game.

I'm with you on this, and even though it would make me cringe if Nebraska gets a bowl bid with a 5-7 record, I would still like to see an extra game of up for grabs passes by TA!