• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Are we just not gonna talk about Sergio Dipp?

Calm

What say there fuzzy britches, feel like talkin'?
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't know anything about the guy, but apparently he's actually a pretty good on ESPN Deportes. Yeah, he flubbed his report, but he was hardly the worst part of the broadcast.

And his twitter video was hardly a "rant". You can tell he was genuinely caught up in the emotion of the night.

But what do I know.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it obvious ESPN is really trying to be PC? Female commentator and Sergio on the sideline?

That's not the full video. They cut out the part where he paused for 10 seconds and said "And Boom Goes the Dynamite"

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What is funnier to watch - Sergio Dipp on the sidelines or the sign language guy for the Florida governor?
I totally understood that guy. Who would have thought I know sign language

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN is going overboard with the forced diversity. I mean the English as his 2nd language sideline reporter and the female announcer are fine but what gives them the right to replace the Chargers white kicker with a Korean rookie? Now that's just going too far.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't know anything about the guy, but apparently he's actually a pretty good on ESPN Deportes. Yeah, he flubbed his report, but he was hardly the worst part of the broadcast.

And his twitter video was hardly a "rant". You can tell he was genuinely caught up in the emotion of the night.

But what do I know.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It wasn't a rant, but it was the incorrect move to make. He should have joined everyone in laughing with him, that would endear him to fans. Instead he went on the offensive and rubbed people the wrong way. He should embrace the popularity.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what a TOOL! "I'll argue with the internet in a suit, on my bed in my hotel room, and invoke 9/11 and race".

Whoever put this guy on TV needs to be fired. That obviously is his cadence. I thought at first maybe he was getting feedback in his earpiece, he sounded like people when they try to speak at a stadium and get thrown off by the reverberations. But no, that's just how he talks. He has a delayed cadence, worse than Skip.
Isn't that ESPN's goal though? SJWs and minorities in every position?

Look how they ruined SC with Jamele and that other black dude. No highlights, 50% race baiting.

Calm

What say there fuzzy britches, feel like talkin'?
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn't a rant, but it was the incorrect move to make. He should have joined everyone in laughing with him, that would endear him to fans. Instead he went on the offensive and rubbed people the wrong way. He should embrace the popularity.

I think he tried. This was shortly after he was on air:

But I'm guessing he read too many assholes bashing him and saying he "disrespected"...something???...that he felt he should respond. And I think it was more defensive than offensive. But again, what do I know.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except for Sexy Rexy and his foot licking fetish!

Gotta have the weird ones as well!

Wonder if he's still got that Sanchez tattoo?

sanchez-tattoo-big.jpg

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the terrible announcers in the booth, this guy was the most entertaining part of the whole game. In fact I stopped watching the game to go to Twitter to read all the comments about Sergio Dipp. Hilarious.

I only want to listen to one sideline reporter from here on out. And that sideline reporter is Sergio Dipp.