• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: ARE U READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally agree it isn’t all on him but too many expect way too much out of him but he is only a 2nd year player. With the hype it will go to his head and might kill his progression.

Seriously I am glad the Browns actually have a talented QB because I am glad it legitimizes their team. :suds:

I had a feeling all the undeserved preseason hype would get into the players heads. Mayfield though needs to learn how to keep his big mouth shut.

All I can hope for is they have a strong 2nd half of the season. Yesterday was a good start. I didn't see them beating the Bills.

But I want Freddie to either give up the play calling for next year or be replaced. He's way overmatched trying to be the HC & play caller.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had a feeling all the undeserved preseason hype would get into the players heads. Mayfield though needs to learn how to keep his big mouth shut.

All I can hope for is they have a strong 2nd half of the season. Yesterday was a good start. I didn't see them beating the Bills.

But I want Freddie to either give up the play calling for next year or be replaced. He's way overmatched trying to be the HC & play caller.

Those two goal line stops the Bills had were way too easy for them and predictable from the Browns.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those two goal line stops the Bills had were way too easy for them and predictable from the Browns.

Freddie's an awful play caller. I don't even want to think about which plays he'll fuck up the last half of the season. Because judging by the 1st half of the season he'll make a few more questionable play calls.

By the way. Nice win by your Steelers yesterday.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Freddie's an awful play caller. I don't even want to think about which plays he'll fuck up the last half of the season. Because judging by the 1st half of the season he'll make a few more questionable play calls.

By the way. Nice win by your Steelers yesterday.

TY...
And by the was Fincter is no better at play calling. Perfect example is the safety, play action pass in the end zone with a younger start, mediocre RB and a top defensive line.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think it's a good article, but the bigger issue is the 4th down decision making. It seems like most coaches are way outdated on how they decide what to do on 4th down. I think that teams should pretty much go for it every time they are near midfield, say past their own 45-yard line, and have 5 yards or less to go for the first down. You go more extreme with this if you are trailing by 14 points or more late in the 3rd quarter (e.g., go for it even if it is 4th and 10), and you can drop it and go conservative if you are winning by 14 points or more in the 4th quarter.

Deciding whether to kick a FG or go for it on 4th and short is also another thing that I think many coaches are getting wrong. The difference in last night's game is that Minny goes for it and scores a TD on 4th goal, while Dallas kicks a FG on 4th and goal in the 4th quarter.