• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Are Alabama unis traditional or superstitous..

ArrogantBAMAFan

Built by BAMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before my fellow Bama fans jump on me, let's be honest, there's really nothing traditional about our uniforms. Matter fact, the Alabama uniforms became permanent in the 90s. Before then, Alabama wore white helmets off and on(Correct me if I'm wrong). So, which leads to the question, are we superstitious about getting new uniforms? Like, our program might go up in flames and we'll never win another game if we changed unis? Help me find the traditional. I'm just trying to figure out the story behind a lot of people not wanting new uniforms because it's tradition.

Acrux

THEE Real Authoritay ©
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The new Unis will be a great excuse when you lose to Ohio State.. I'll accept it. :suds:

ArrogantBAMAFan

Built by BAMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feel free to post your opinion tho. Honestly, when you think about it, LSU uniforms are more traditional than Alabama's. But no one really sees them that way. How long have you guys worn white at home?

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, Bama and Penn State are so adamant about their traditional uniforms, and they're just plai--WAIT A MINUTE!!! This sounds like one of them vogue-readin' mofo threads!

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before my fellow Bama fans jump on me, let's be honest, there's really nothing traditional about our uniforms. Matter fact, the Alabama uniforms became permanent in the 90s. Before then, Alabama wore white helmets off and on(Correct me if I'm wrong). So, which leads to the question, are we superstitious about getting new uniforms? Like, our program might go up in flames and we'll never win another game if we changed unis? Help me find the traditional. I'm just trying to figure out the story behind a lot of people not wanting new uniforms because it's tradition.

Nebraska is the same way (although we have done a few alternate unis over the past few years). While the overall template is pretty close to the same, there have been quite a few changes as well along the way. The uniforms now, in the 2000's, in the 90s, in the 80s, etc. have not all been the same.

tech_iceman

#winning
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there's something to it.... we wore more uniform combinations than every and had our worst season since the 90s

ArrogantBAMAFan

Built by BAMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, Bama and Penn State are so adamant about their traditional uniforms, and they're just plai--WAIT A MINUTE!!! This sounds like one of them vogue-readin' mofo threads!

Vogue?

Attachments

• philosoraptor-meme-generator-if-baylor-doesn-t-accept-lgbt-then-why-did-it-name-itself-after-a-b.jpg
    philosoraptor-meme-generator-if-baylor-doesn-t-accept-lgbt-then-why-did-it-name-itself-after-a-b.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 139

shabazz916

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why change the unis... there are iconic and they are winners.. winners dnt need flash

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feel free to post your opinion tho. Honestly, when you think about it, LSU uniforms are more traditional than Alabama's. But no one really sees them that way. How long have you guys worn white at home?

Ours is based on superstition as well, somewhat. See wiki explanation below (long):

White Jerseys - LSU is notable as one of the few college football teams that wears white jerseys for home games as opposed to their darker jerseys (in their case, purple). Most other NCAA football teams wear their darker jerseys in home games, even though football is one of the few college sports that do not require a specific jersey type for each respective team (for instance, college basketball requires home teams to wear white or light-colored jerseys while the away team wears their darker jerseys), and is similar to the NFL in letting the home team decide what to wear.

The tradition started in 1958, when Coach Paul Dietzel decided that LSU would wear white jerseys for the home games. LSU went on to win the national championship that year. Since then, LSU continued to wear white jerseys at home games through the 18-year tenure of Charles McClendon. Then in 1983, new NCAA rules prohibited teams from wearing white jerseys at home. Because of this, LSU wore purple jerseys during home games from 1983 to 1994. The team's fans believed wearing purple jerseys were "bad luck" and often complained about being forced to wear purple jerseys at home although LSU won SEC championships in 1986 and 1988 wearing purple at home. In 1993, then-coach Curley Hallman asked the NCAA for permission to wear white jerseys at home during LSU's football centennial, but was turned down.

In 1995, LSU's new coach, Gerry DiNardo, was determined to restore LSU's tradition of white home jerseys. DiNardo personally met with each member of the NCAA Football Rules Committee, lobbying LSU's case. DiNardo was successful, and LSU again began wearing white jerseys at home when the 1995 season began. In LSU's first home game with the white jerseys, unranked LSU prevailed in a 12–6 upset victory over #6 Auburn.

The 1995 rule allowing LSU to wear white at home had one stipulation: the visiting team must agree for conference and non-conference games. In 1997, the SEC amended its rule to allow the home team its choice of jersey color for conference games without prior approval of the visiting team. Therefore, only for non-conference home games does the home team seek permission to wear white jerseys at home. In 2009, the NCAA further relaxed the previous rule that required most away teams to wear white. The rule now states that teams must simply wear contrasting colors.[16]

After the 1995 rule change, on two occasions LSU was forced to wear colored jerseys at home. The first time was in 1996 against Vanderbilt, who was still angry at LSU for hiring Gerry DiNardo, who left Vanderbilt to become LSU's head coach after the 1994 season. LSU wore gold jerseys for that game (a 35–0 LSU victory), and fans were encouraged to wear white in an effort to "white out" the Commodores. The other was in 2004 when Oregon State did not want to suffer in its black jerseys due to the humid weather of Louisiana in late summer, thus forcing LSU to wear its purple jerseys for a nationally-televised game on ESPN.

After the 1995 rule change, LSU was forced to wear colored jerseys on the road on four occasions. In 1998 and 2000, Florida coach Steve Spurrier exercised this option and forced LSU to don a colored jersey at Gainesville. The Tigers wore gold in 1998 under Gerry DiNardo (lost 22–10) and purple in 2000 under Nick Saban (lost 41–9). In 2007 and 2009, LSU also wore its purple jerseys on the road at Mississippi State, but the Tigers emerged victorious both times (45–0 in 2007 and 30–26 in 2009). Prior to the rule change, in 1978 LSU lost to Mississippi State in Jackson, Mississippi wearing purple jerseys.

Currently, LSU does not wear the traditional white jerseys for every home game. LSU only wears white jerseys for the home opener and for home games against SEC opponents. For non-SEC home games other than the home opener, LSU wears purple jerseys at home.

OUGuy1999

BOOMER..SOONERS!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oklahoma had some new alternate unis this year, and this year has been dismal. Most OU fans wanted to keep to our traditional style of uniforms instead of going flashy like all the other teams, only one problem. Recruits are actually looking at new uniforms as part of their decision. They not only want to win, but they want to do it in style.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the tradition being upheld by some teams. USC has had a few minor changes over the years I would hate to see them change. I don't think k there is any superstition involved though. Not sure about bama I've never read anything into it

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heh heh heh...

You just missed an epic thread. It got yanked because I used a naughty word, but lemme tell you it was gangbusters.

which one?

pussy
cock
fag
faggot
cocksucker
ass fucker
dick smoker
pole licker
butt pirate

???

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
which one?

pussy
cock
fag
faggot
cocksucker
ass fucker
dick smoker
pole licker
butt pirate

???

I called Fordman "unsanitary."

Nah, I know what I did wrong. I used something that homo-landed securities would have picked up.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The helmets changed back in the 60's for 100 years of football to a rocket with 100 on it. That is the biggest real change ever to uniform. They wore white helmets in the early 60's as well. And then again in the 80's from 83-85 we had white helmets, and then only white helmets on away games.

But overall it's been the same uniform for my entire life, and I personally like them and wouldn't change a thing regardless of tradition. The changes over history are so minor that you can describe the entire change in a single sentence usually. And even then it pretty much varies in the same way our home and away jerseys vary, which is really nothing of note. The overall style remains the same.

Last edited by a moderator: