• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Arch Manning Commits to Texas

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Biggest recruiting coup I can remember for the Longhorns

Boglodyte

2 things that make life worth living, guns/cigars
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder what the payout was for him, and why T A$M didn’t throw more

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ve got 500vcash says this gets flipped

Janus

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Biggest recruiting coup I can remember for the Longhorns

for Texas but not the best one I ever saw.

DUKE

recruited Gene Banks, Banks turned them down, Duke wanted him real bad, offered his girlfriend all-expense paid full ride, Banks signed

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas has spent 13 years wandering the quarterback recruiting wasteland since Colt McCoy.
And McCoy was more of a lucky break than a cant miss recruit.

That more than anything else has led to misfires.
Texas has been almost comically unable to recruit elite quarterbacks.

Texas could recruit every position but the only one that truly makes a diffrence in the crazy pass happy Big 12.
Sam Ehlinger and David Ash were both serviceable, but everyone else were middle tier projects.

Now, they will have arguably the two highest rated quarterbacks since Vince Young on the roster together in EWERS/MANNING.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do feel a little bad for Maalik Murphy.
In any other circumstance, he would be loudly heralded as the quaterback savior.

He was incredibly loyal to Texas and never waivered in his commitment to Herman when it became a new regime.
I just cannot see him gettting any real shot to compete over Quinn Ewers and Arch Manning.

Hudson Card already had his chances, and if he wants to transfer that might be best to him.

Phantom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas has spent 13 years wandering the quarterback recruiting wasteland since Colt McCoy.
And McCoy was more of a lucky break than a cant miss recruit.

That more than anything else has led to misfires.
Texas has been almost comically unable to recruit elite quarterbacks.

Texas could recruit every position but the only one that truly makes a diffrence in the crazy pass happy Big 12.
Sam Ehlinger and David Ash were both serviceable, but everyone else were middle tier projects.

Now, they will have arguably the two highest rated quarterbacks since Vince Young on the roster together in EWERS/MANNING.

I still have to wonder how much damage the school song has to do with recruiting overall. They haven't exactly lit it up over the past 13 years. This all started in 2012. The funny thing is that it's all speculation. There are absolutely no facts involved in the story. I support Texas 100% for standing up to all this crap.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas has a long, long history of not recruiting good Texas QBs right under its nose. Drew Brees and Nick Foles both played for an Austin school, Westlake, like 15 mins from UT and didn't get recruited despite playing for state titles.

TheLonestarDUCK

Sleep is only for the tired
Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas has a long, long history of not recruiting good Texas QBs right under its nose. Drew Brees and Nick Foles both played for an Austin school, Westlake, like 15 mins from UT and didn't get recruited despite playing for state titles.
Not to mention Kyler Murray and Stafford from the Dallas area

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh there are so, so many. They could have had like half the QBs in the league!

Phantom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to mention Kyler Murray and Stafford from the Dallas area
Actually, that's not true. Texas recruited both those qb's. Murry had strong ties to Texas ATM. His dad played qb for Texas ATM. He did make a late visit to Austin, and there was a rumor that he was going to switch. It turned out to be just a rumor. Stafford was never going anywhere but Georgia. He had strong family ties to Georgia.
There's also one other thing all you guys have to rmember. There's other things involved when recruiting H.S. players. The biggest is they have to be able to pass college classes. There are lots of players not recruited by universities because of this reason. With that said, there are a few universities that will recruit anyone and get them through any way, and any how so they can have a good football team and get those tv dollars. I'm not going to mention any names..............Baylor.

TheLonestarDUCK

Sleep is only for the tired
Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, that's not true. Texas recruited both those qb's. Murry had strong ties to Texas ATM. His dad played qb for Texas ATM. He did make a late visit to Austin, and there was a rumor that he was going to switch. It turned out to be just a rumor. Stafford was never going anywhere but Georgia. He had strong family ties to Georgia.
There's also one other thing all you guys have to rmember. There's other things involved when recruiting H.S. players. The biggest is they have to be able to pass college classes. There are lots of players not recruited by universities because of this reason. With that said, there are a few universities that will recruit anyone and get them through any way, and any how so they can have a good football team and get those tv dollars. I'm not going to mention any names..............Baylor.
Lol - see you just admitted the point. Texas is not the brand nor had the coaches to sway those players that had ties elsewhere. Georgia and Texas are close academically. I guess Vince Young was enough of a scholar to get into UT.

Phantom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol - see you just admitted the point. Texas is not the brand nor had the coaches to sway those players that had ties elsewhere. Georgia and Texas are close academically. I guess Vince Young was enough of a scholar to get into UT.
Never meant to say Murry or Stafford had academic issues. Just they had strong ties elsewhere, but I do agree with you about Texas not being strong enough to sway other players to come to school at Texas. They will have to start winning, and that still seems a long way away.
No idea about Vince Young.

10HtownRebs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,298,636.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When he comes in Ewers will be in his last year at Texas and go into the draft

Am I missing something here? Ewers is a redshirt freshman and has never attempted a pass in college...

How is he going to be drafted after a year?

6 and 6 only gets you so far...