• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AP Top 25 released

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same ol preseason poll BS. I highly doubt, when all is said and done, Bama will have faced 9 of the Top 25 or 27 teams in the country. But we'll see.

They are playing the 2015 national champions in Athens though.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just can't rationalize in my head how people tolerate @Wamu on here.

There's a reason why he has just about everyone from FN on ignore on here.

Off topic, but reading his first grade insults brings back bad memories.
Noted sir.

:suds:

KingKoolKat75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1-7 what? Not following.

If referring to UO vs Ohio , which I think you are, it would be 1-9

Btw, who is we? Turd in your pocket?

Sorry...let me clarify my statement. Maybe 8th time is a charm and when you have a coach as great as Urban Meyer your ...the Buckeye's chances of repeating as National champion are greatly improved and a win for the OSU is a win for me and the Buckeye Nation.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just can't rationalize in my head how people tolerate @Wamu on here.

There's a reason why he has just about everyone from FN on ignore on here.

Off topic, but reading his first grade insults brings back bad memories.
I disagree he's a good guy and not cause he is a Buckeye fan.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL juice is crazy upset. This is just pathetic.

Funny thing is both BG and Utah are just fine. It's really just a Florida problem.

But hey, why not blame it on someone else as opposed to just looking at your own program's glaring problems?

Even Urban Meyer has admitted that he made mistakes at Florida that lead to the current troubles. Former players have talked as well about Meyers and his treatment of people based on performance differently, and letting things slide if they were performing. As long as Florida was winning, Urban did not discipline. When they stopped winning, Urban couldn't deal with the mess that was created as a result.

These are known facts and you look like a fool.

Furthermore, Florida went 8-5 in Urbans last year at Florida and failed to beat a single top25 team. They didn't finish the year ranked. From a contender for a national championship 1 year, to not even ranked his last year. They played Alabama in the regular season and got spanked hard.

If you don't think going from top5 to not even in the top25 is because of Urban, once again you look like a fool.

pennstatenut

Working with my wood
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1-7 what? Not following.

If referring to UO vs Ohio , which I think you are, it would be 1-9

Btw, who is we? Turd in your pocket?
Then you need to quit saying, "We're just lil' ol' Oregon".

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even Urban Meyer has admitted that he made mistakes at Florida that lead to the current troubles. Former players have talked as well about Meyers and his treatment of people based on performance differently, and letting things slide if they were performing. As long as Florida was winning, Urban did not discipline. When they stopped winning, Urban couldn't deal with the mess that was created as a result.

Furthermore, Florida went 8-5 in Urbans last year at Florida and failed to beat a single top25 team. They didn't finish the year ranked. From a contender for a national championship 1 year, to not even ranked his last year. They played Alabama in the regular season and got spanked hard.

If you don't think going from top5 to not even in the top25 is because of Urban, once again you look like a fool.
I'm not talking about how things went when he was there, you fool. I'm talking about things after he left.

You think a coach turning a blind eye to discipline and focusing on winning is something new?? It's been happening for decades. Yes, he made mistakes in terms of keeping his guys in check while in Florida. Guess what? All of those guys are gone from the program. What is their excuse for barely being bowl eligible 4 years later while losing to FCS teams?? That isn't on Urban.

He had a bad final season by his standards, sure. Lots of big name coaches have down years. How is that relevant to Florida today?

Again, all I hear are excuses and whining instead of real reasons why the program sucks so bad.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not talking about how things went when he was there, you fool. I'm talking about things after he left.

You think a coach turning a blind eye to discipline and focusing on winning is something new?? It's been happening for decades. Yes, he made mistakes in terms of keeping his guys in check while in Florida. Guess what? All of those guys are gone from the program. What is their excuse for barely being bowl eligible 4 years later while losing to FCS teams?? That isn't on Urban.

He had a bad final season by his standards, sure. Lots of big name coaches have down years. How is that relevant to Florida today?

Again, all I hear are excuses and whining instead of real reasons why the program sucks so bad.

There is a reason they ultimately fired Muschamp, but your denial of Urban Meyers involvement is foolish.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a reason they ultimately fired Muschamp, but your denial of Urban Meyers involvement is foolish.
So...Urban was secretly sabotaging Muschamp somehow while coaching Ohio State? :scratch:

As I said, just more excuses. He was a bad disciplinarian while he was there, nobody is arguing that. But tell me what he actually did that, 4 years later, still prevented Florida from being even remotely successful.

KingKoolKat75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

An 8-5 season and a bowl beat down by Whisky get you a top 25 final ranking and a number 6 ranking in the pre season in the SEC.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much what I was expecting. Everybody blames him but nobody can actually explain what he did that apparently made it so impossible for Florida to not suck after he had been gone for 4 years.

Haters gonna hate.

:shrug:

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So...Urban was secretly sabotaging Muschamp somehow while coaching Ohio State? :scratch:

As I said, just more excuses. He was a bad disciplinarian while he was there, nobody is arguing that. But tell me what he actually did that, 4 years later, still prevented Florida from being even remotely successful.

Coaches have an effect on the program even after they are gone. Sometimes good, sometimes bad.

Saban at LSU brought that program to life and they have been able to maintain it since. It's not 100% Saban as what LSU did after mattered.

Derek Dooley at Tennessee on the other hand had a longer term negative effect on the program, and they've been trying to recover for years.

And I'm sure we can sit here and name off a ton more examples if we wanted. Ultimately Florida screwed up by trying to put in a first time HC, but this idea that Urban didn't have a negative effect on Florida when he left is bullshit. Florida needed someone who was able to come in and build the program - because of the shape it was left in.

Btw, the # of arrests for Florida did decrease while Muschamp was there.

2011: 10 arrests.
2012: 7 arrests
2013: 5 arrests
2014: 1 as of July that year, not sure on the rest of the year, but that's usually the quiet time.

Lingering effects. Bad attitudes in the locker room, bad chemistry, etc. That is what comes with lack of discipline.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coaches have an effect on the program even after they are gone. Sometimes good, sometimes bad.

Saban at LSU brought that program to life and they have been able to maintain it since. It's not 100% Saban as what LSU did after mattered.

Derek Dooley at Tennessee on the other hand had a longer term negative effect on the program, and they've been trying to recover for years.

And I'm sure we can sit here and name off a ton more examples if we wanted. Ultimately Florida screwed up by trying to put in a first time HC, but this idea that Urban didn't have a negative effect on Florida when he left is bullshit. Florida needed someone who was able to come in and build the program - because of the shape it was left in.

Btw, the # of arrests for Florida did decrease while Muschamp was there.

2011: 10 arrests.
2012: 7 arrests
2013: 5 arrests
2014: 1 as of July that year, not sure on the rest of the year, but that's usually the quiet time.

Lingering effects. Bad attitudes in the locker room, bad chemistry, etc. That is what comes with lack of discipline.
Not only has LSU had major disciplinary issues, but they've also had several very shitty seasons, like last season's 8-5 season. But since it's not Urban, they've "been brought to life" and "have been able to maintain it". Gotcha.

So what did Derek Dooley do that has made it impossible for Tennessee to be good?

Yes, the arrests have gone down. Good for Muschamp. However, are you telling me that it's impossible for Florida to have improved? It seems to me like it was much more just shitty coaching and talent development by Muschamp than it was anything from the Meyer days.

Many, many teams have arrest issues. It doesn't doom all of those schools. If they have competent leadership, they're fine. Blaming a coach who hasn't been there for 4 years for your school sucking ass and not being able to be competitive is nothing but bullshit and excuses.

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You got patience 4/20. I have some but not THAT much.

Everybody knows what happened. From the inside it looked even worse...a lot worse. I'd suggest every further post from ATF warrants a :

4d8.gif