• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AP Poll (week 4)

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are they unranked? Because they would be if we only used last week. :noidea:

So Oklahoma got moved up over teams that hadn't lost because of a good win but no way, they can't move down over teams that still hadn't lost because they allowed 41 to Baylor. lol. Yeah OK.

Hook'Em0608

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I think we can say several teams have "struggled" and played in tight games this season. I do find it fascinating that some people seem to want to gauge rankings based on this. I do understand the posturing.Especially while some teams have a high potential for a weak SOS this season. But I don't see this as a viable gauge at this stage of the season. But some of these games that may seem like a game a team "struggled" in now. May very well be viewed as quality wins as the season progresses. And teams become more defined. Texas may turn out to be a great team.Baylor may have a solid year.Florida State may collapse... We could run down a massive list of examples. In truth we aren't going to really have a decent gauge until we are three to four more weeks into the season. A lot of teams are just entering conference play now. It's a long season

Hey fucker, 41!!! Don't be bringing that logic and reason crap in here.

Hook'Em0608

Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Oklahoma got moved up over teams that hadn't lost because of a good win but no way, they can't move down over teams that still hadn't lost because they allowed 41 to Baylor. lol. Yeah OK.

Do you really not understand this or are you trolling? You really believe only the most recent week matters when ranking teams?

Mush

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,309.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sweet argument. :rolleyes2:

Is this where I post an Ohio St symbol? Or Rutgers one? I don't know which one to choose.

Washington went cross country and beat Rutgers by 3 scores in the first game of the season...

Not arguing for UW to be ahead of OK, but you are sounding silly.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you really not understand this or are you trolling? You really believe only the most recent week matters when ranking teams?

Pretty sure Oklahoma Baylor game was yesterday.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington went cross country and beat Rutgers by 3 scores in the first game of the season...

10172015-HuskiesOregonGalleryNew_05-1020x782.jpg

Hook'Em0608

Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

16 points = two scores. Come on rook, don't come out swinging overlooking something this easy. :dhd:

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
41 ain't shit in the Big 12. Somebody does that every week in the conference.

Hook'Em0608

Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about you fuckers go into r*pe country and play looking over your shoulder for 4 quarters That's got to be terrifying.

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish we would have drop a few spots. But who do you put ahead of us? PSU didn't look good, nor did USC. Mich struggled and Washington, didn't come alive until the 2nd half. UGA, TCU and Bama are the only teams that looked good start to finish, yesterday, that played a team with a pulse. tOSU did what they were suppose to do.

I think the road to the National Championship goes through Alabama, Clemson and Oklahoma (in that order). The 4th team to be determined (I know who I want it to be). The win over ohio state was impressive, just like ohio state's win over Oklahoma last year.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey fucker, 41!!! Don't be bringing that logic and reason crap in here.
You'll see it a lot from multiple fan based. Hell the media has done it a lot too. Shortly after downing a few teams last night.An "analysis". Turned around to contradict himself saying. Penn States close win showed character and is a feather in their cap. But I'm the end these games don't really take on true meaning until later in the season. I'm not so much a fan of polls especially early polls. One game at a time see how it all plays out on the field imo.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the road to the National Championship goes through Alabama, Clemson and Oklahoma (in that order). The 4th team to be determined (I know who I want it to be). The win over ohio state was impressive, just like ohio state's win over Oklahoma last year.
With the way this season is shaping up. I'm really not sure we can say the road goes through anyone. We may be in for some upsets this year. Definitely wouldn't sleep on rivalry and conference games. And I definitely wouldn't sleep on Texas in the RRSO. These rankings could be drastically different come seasons end

Hook'Em0608

Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You'll see it a lot from multiple fan based. Hell the media has done it a lot too. Shortly after downing a few teams last night.An "analysis". Turned around to contradict himself saying. Penn States close win showed character and is a feather in their cap. But I'm the end these games don't really take on true meaning until later in the season. I'm not so much a fan of polls especially early polls. One game at a time see how it all plays out on the field imo.

I tend to believe Penn St did show something last night. Regardless of how Iowa ends up. They have a history of knocking off ranked teams at home, at night, with the nation watching. Those corn boys get all liquored up and create a tough environment to play in.

I do see your point though, what is seen as a "bad win" early in the season, many times isn't by the end.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tend to believe Penn St did show something last night. Regardless of how Iowa ends up. They have a history of knocking off ranked teams at home, at night, with the nation watching. Those corn boys get all liquored up and create a tough environment to play in.

I do see your point though, what is seen as a "bad win" early in the season, many times isn't by the end.
Exactly I think a lot can be said about a team. That comes out of a dog fight with a win. It does show character. It's can be easy to take teams lightly. Or to assume a team isn't a "quality" opponent based on past seasons.I just don't see taking anything away from a team or down playing a win. Until there's a larger body of work. To measure teams with

Hook'Em0608

Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly I think a lot can be said about a team. That comes out of a dog fight with a win. It does show character. It's can be easy to take teams lightly. Or to assume a team isn't a "quality" opponent based on past seasons.I just don't see taking anything away from a team or down playing a win. Until there's a larger body of work. To measure teams with

I think it's safe to say that Rutgers and Baylor suck ass though. Baylor lost to liberty and UTSA, you don't come back from that. Rutgers has a history of sucking and has lived up to their history so far this year. While I agree with you, some truths typically hold self-evident. Oklahoma and Washington did not play well against bad opponents once this year. Then looked elite against what we believe are probably good to great teams.

USC has some TBD against their opponents so far this year. I'm not really throwing stones at them. Although I don't have much confidence in Texas until I see it.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's safe to say that Rutgers and Baylor suck ass though. Baylor lost to liberty and UTSA, you don't come back from that. Rutgers has a history of sucking and has lived up to their history so far this year. While I agree with you, some truths typically hold self-evident. Oklahoma and Washington did not play well against bad opponents once this year. Then looked elite against what we believe are probably good to great teams.

USC has some TBD against their opponents so far this year. I'm not really throwing stones at them. Although I don't have much confidence in Texas until I see it.
I can agree with that,Rutgers is well Rutgers.And Losing to Liberty.As far as SC I'm more focussed on Wazzu than rankings.Realistically that game is a major concern.As far as the entire field. With SOS differentials.We should get a better idea of what we are actually looking at as we get further into conference play.When is the RRSO this year?It should be a fun game to watch imo

Hook'Em0608

Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can agree with that,Rutgers is well Rutgers.And Losing to Liberty.As far as SC I'm more focussed on Wazzu than rankings.Realistically that game is a major concern.As far as the entire field. With SOS differentials.We should get a better idea of what we are actually looking at as we get further into conference play.When is the RRSO this year?It should be a fun game to watch imo

2nd weekend in October.

Hook'Em0608

Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I may be running a game on the TV and another on the computer.Depending on times.Got a feeling its going to be a good one

I'm not going to take a position until I see how we look with Buechele under center. If we get the passing game going by then, I will feel like we have a shot based upon what I saw this weekend from OU. They look great on offense and pretty damn salty against the run. If we can't throw it, we might be in trouble.