• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AP #24

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I only want a bcs bowl if we play a team like Northern Illinois, Louisville, Miami etc????. I want to play a team we can beat.

Each of those three teams would give us all we can handle. None of them is a guaranteed win. But I must admit, its always fun to beat Miami.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If the BCS still mattered after this year, that quote should be required reading for anyone who still argued ND had "special" treatment under the BCS system. In many instances, the confernce champion, let alone its runner up, had 3 or more losses and got an automatic berth. For ND to finish top 8, it almost assuredly has to go undefeated or no less than 1 loss to a top tier opponent. Even if we split with Mich and OU, neither one of them are top tier enough this season for that to have happened. Its still much easier for a 10-2 conference team to finish in the top 14, and therefore there should never be any bitching when ND finishes a season 10-2 and in the top 14. As the article states, in the last five years, everyone except Louisville, who played in a garbage conference and therefore its losses hurt more, has finished in the top 14.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BYU is on the road to play #24 Wisconsin. I think it is within the realm of possibilities that unranked BYU could lose that game. If BYU loses I don't think they will be listed as "others receiving votes". Then BYU will play FCS 3-6 Idaho State. That is why I said BYU may not even be on the ranking radar.

I know its a big "if", But if BYU loses before we play them, it will not be an impressive win.

I think it depends on the game. If they lose a close game it's a big difference in the eye of the polls than getting blown out.