• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Anyone hate the St. Louis Cardinals as much as I do?

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate everything about this team. I follow every single MLB team on Twitter and just had to unfollow them because of their tweets. I'm so sick of them retweeting "Yadi" and his spanish posts.

I hate literally every single player on that team and I hate their announcers who I was forced to listen to yesterday on MLB Extra Innings. They're the worst I've ever heard for any team; shameless, no-talent homers. I've never seen such obvious bias in reporting. Ever.

yadi2.jpg

Yesterday I just wanted Brandon Phillips to fuckin PUNCH somebody.

jon-jay.jpg

Next to "Yadi" I probably hate Jon Jay worst. And did anyone see those teeny-bopper, douchey white sunglasses that Chris Carpenter was wearing?

I do respect that their fans are largely a loyal, classy group that knows baseball but that will never stop me from hating this team. Anyone else?

Last edited:

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm probably right up there with you.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hate them more than any other team. All of them are whiny bitches. Hilarious how their players and fans all try to hate DatDude but would LOVE him on their team.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really started to dislike St. Louis during the 2006 NLCS, and not just because they beat us. There would be huge moments throughout the series, 2 on, 2 out, full count in the 8th inning, and the place was silent, people were sitting on their hands. At that point I said screw St. Louis as a fanbase.

Philly are another bunch of fraud fans. Again, it was late in the 06 season, the Phillies were I think 2 games out of a wild card spot in September, Friday night, first game of a series against the Mets, and the Stadium was half empty. That place should have been packed and rocking.

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They showed a really funny post game interview of Brandon Phillips from last night on MLBN's Quick Pitch. It was awesome. Not sure if anyone can fund the video but it cracked me up.

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They showed a really funny post game interview of Brandon Phillips from last night on MLBN's Quick Pitch. It was awesome. Not sure if anyone can fund the video but it cracked me up.

Found a quote from the interview...

“The fans are doing their job,” Phillips said after the Reds’ 13-4 win. “They’re supposed to boo me, for the things I said about the organization. I respect them for booing me. But the thing is though, they have to realize I’m the type of person that loves that [stuff]. I love it. They don’t realize they’re throwing gas on the fire. I feed off of that. They’re one of the best fans in baseball, they really are. For them to keep on booing me like that, it’s letting me know they’re dreaming about me at night.”

:laugh3:

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More stuff I found that might be a bit older but funny still...

His Tweets: "My teammates ask me if I knew where some good places 2 eat at in St. Louis! I said, "Yea, come with me 2 the store 2 get some Lunchables!""

"Attention: Brandon Phillips just change his name for this series to "Boo Phillips""

"I love my new name #BooPhillips but Honestly, that was the weakest Booooooo's I've ever heard! Y'all can't even "Boo" properly! Come on STL"

His quotes from Articles:
"I know they're going to boo me. I can't wait to get booed," Phillips said. "It doesn't really matter if they boo me. If I hit a home run, they boo me. If I get an out, they boo me. I went to the mall -- they were booing me. I was 'hey, what's happening?' I love the fans. It's nice that St. Louis fans have their team's back. That's one thing about them that's real nice."

"Honestly, (the boos) will make me feel good, because it lets me further know that they have dreams about me," he said. "It's like, 'Oh my God, Brandon Phillips is coming to St. Louis.' It feels good, to let me know they think about me instead of worrying about the team."

herky

YEAH JEETS!!!!!!111
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol:

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His Tweets: "My teammates ask me if I knew where some good places 2 eat at in St. Louis! I said, "Yea, come with me 2 the store 2 get some Lunchables!""
Skyline Chili tastes like garbage. Chili is one of the hardest things to screw up and Cinci manages to do it. If Lunchables had Chili, it would taste better.

Anyways, this whole thread is funny. Haters gonna hate. The only thing remotely worth commenting on is the fact that our announcers are homers. But they also give a lot of respect to players on other teams that have earned it. They usually inject an opinion about most players and generally those opinions are positive.

Beggs

Nipples of a God
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A couple things, St. louis fans have a short memory. For as much complaining as they like to do about other teams attendance, they forget all those years where their ball park sat empty.

Skyline is the worst example of cincy chili. It used to be great, but got bought out and the new owners turned the recipe to shit. You want it to be good? Buy the spice packets and make it yourself.

Last night, the cardinals announcers were complaining about the scorer screwing yadi out of a double. Somehow an outfielder being in position, having the ball land in their glove then falling out is not an error. Worst announcers in baseball

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A couple things, St. louis fans have a short memory. For as much complaining as they like to do about other teams attendance, they forget all those years where their ball park sat empty.
Never met a Cards fan that complained about attendance unless you're talking about teams like the Marlins but I think most would agree that there are ownership problems there.

Skyline is the worst example of cincy chili. It used to be great, but got bought out and the new owners turned the recipe to shit. You want it to be good? Buy the spice packets and make it yourself.
So its like Imo's Pizza. Got it.

TexasMan

mfw reading SportsHoopla
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, even though we won't play anymore..

Fuck Bud and Crane.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think all teams announcers are pretty shameless homers. The G's team is insanely homeristic, but they are awesome. The Padres team is extremely homerish as well, but I HATE listening to them. I have listened to the Rangers, Tigers, Cards, Cubs... A few others, and they are ALL homers.

You like YOUR homers though...

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think all teams announcers are pretty shameless homers. The G's team is insanely homeristic, but they are awesome. The Padres team is extremely homerish as well, but I HATE listening to them. I have listened to the Rangers, Tigers, Cards, Cubs... A few others, and they are ALL homers.

There is some truth to that. I've also heard announcers in other markets and something about it just rubs you the wrong way. It is what it is.

Although, I have to say the absolute worst is Hawk Harrelson. :puke:

http://www.heavethehawk.com/whyheave.html

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Generally I watch Mets and Yankees broadcasts, and the difference between the 2 is that the Mets announcers will at least give credit to the other team, talk up their players and give a little background etc. The Yanks, it's all Yankees.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Generally I watch Mets and Yankees broadcasts, and the difference between the 2 is that the Mets announcers will at least give credit to the other team, talk up their players and give a little background etc. The Yanks, it's all Yankees.

It's incredible how homerific they are. Last season the Braves played a series at Yankee Stadium it was hard to sit though. As has been said, the home team announcers are supposed to be a bit homerish but some take it to a whole other level.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hated the team when Tony LaRussa was there as he's a whiny douche. Not a big fan of a lot of their players like Holliday, Carpenter and Molina. That said, their fans are some of the classiest and knowledgeable fans out there. I have nothing against the fans.

Bottom line is, every team will eventually have some douchey team and eventually have a classy, well liked team. It's all cyclical.

The worst Homer announcers though have to be the White Sox guys (if their still the same from a couple of years ago).....and I have absolutely nothing against the White Sox except for AJ Pierfuckski.

Smoke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skyline Chili tastes like garbage. Chili is one of the hardest things to screw up and Cinci manages to do it. If Lunchables had Chili, it would taste better.

Anyways, this whole thread is funny. Haters gonna hate. The only thing remotely worth commenting on is the fact that our announcers are homers. But they also give a lot of respect to players on other teams that have earned it. They usually inject an opinion about most players and generally those opinions are positive.

Hate on hater. :blabla:

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed. For what its worth, the Cards announcers slobbed Buster Posey off for a good 5 minutes but he has earned it.

If you guys think Cards fans are annoying somehow, just wait until the Cubs become relevant again. In the past decade, Ive seen strong rivalries with the Astros, Brewers and Reds but I really don't think people realize how many Cubs fans are hiding out there just waiting for the team to be relevant again.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't think people realize how many Cubs drunks are hiding out there just waiting for the team to be relevant again.

fify