• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Anyone Else Kinda Eager To Find Out Who Starts at LG?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Who would you rather have playing left guard for the Seahawks in the Superbowl: McQuistan, Carpenter, or Bowie?

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is it true that bowie didn't suit up last week even though he was perfectly healthy? Is he that bad compared to Carpenter and McQuistan?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
is it true that bowie didn't suit up last week even though he was perfectly healthy? Is he that bad compared to Carpenter and McQuistan?

Yep, Bowie was healthy but the Seahawks didn't activate him for the NFC Championship game. I haven't heard anything but speculation about why this happened.

STBR 27

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think against the 49ers, they went with experience over using Bowie.

For the SB, I would like to see McQuistan or Bowie start and have Carpenter inactive, he is just too damn slow to play at this level and is constantly getting beat. I really liked using Bailey as an extra TE too, the Hawks were able to pound it at the 49ers with good success, imagine how they would be able to pound Denver with that formation? :drool:

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Well, the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel that the Seahawks assistant O-line coach says that James Carpenter will probably be the starter at left guard for us:

"Final piece: The only question mark about either team's starting lineup would be left guard for Seattle.

"Probably (James) Carpenter," said Pat Ruel, the team's assistant offensive line coach. "Either Paul (McQuistan) or Carpenter. We'll work them out this week and see."

Link: Super Bowl notes - Montee Ball says Thomas Hammock would be good in NFL

I'm a little disappointed, but even though Denver's run defense is very underrated, I wouldn't say that it's better than SF's; and Marshawn rushed for 100 yards and over four yards per carry against them. I do think that we'll have a darn good running game in the Superbowl regardless of who starts for use at LG.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like Carpenter provides the most upside in the run game, but I really hope he doesn't have a costly penalty or two for us that negates a big play. This guy is a walking penalty waiting to happen. And what I hate the most about Carpenter is most of his penalties always come on plays where he doesn't even need to hold, grab or pull.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carps best equiped to maul w potroast

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carps best equiped to maul w potroast
Yeah I can see that as being the only upside here.

I really don't like Carpenter, which is too bad because he's so big and strong that if he had some footwork in his game he could really be a force. It's too bad.

I want to say I want to see Bowie in there, but this is the Super Bowl. Do I really want to pin my hopes on a guy who is pretty much the unknown factor at this point. He's shown some glimpses of being good but hasn't really proven anything yet. Do I want that as my starting LG in the Super Bowl?

I'm gonna go with the safe bet of Carp for run mauling and hopefully handling Potroast and McQuistan for his experience and pedigree so far.