• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Any Prospects standout yesterday?

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched a couple of games. I see some mocking Collins to us with our first pick. I didn't see the whole game, but what I saw, I wasn't overly impressed. First, he is a strong safety that plays like a LB. Second, I saw a couple of tackles he wiffed on. Our first priority at S needs to be a FS. We have a couple of guys that can play SS adequately enough. We need a centerfielder that can go sideline to sideline to defend against the deep ball and pick a few off. He needs to also be a sure open field tackler as he is the last line of defense. Collins doesn't impress me as that player. Don't think he's worth it with the 5th pick. Maybe if he's still there in the second or if we trade down to a later 1st, but I'd focus elsewhere if we keep the pick.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also wouldn't touch either Winston or Marriota. Marriota looked good, but he runs that spread offense so very little reading of the defense. He is a project at best and is not NFL ready. Winston looked better in the pocket, but he's just got so many issues. Hopefully one of them are still there at 5 and other teams disagree with me and are willing to trade for the pick.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also wouldn't touch either Winston or Marriota. Marriota looked good, but he runs that spread offense so very little reading of the defense. He is a project at best and is not NFL ready. Winston looked better in the pocket, but he's just got so many issues. Hopefully one of them are still there at 5 and other teams disagree with me and are willing to trade for the pick.

Yeah that was my take too. I wouldn't say Marriota looked good, he looked like a system QB and was missing wide open guys all over the field in the first half. NOT impressed with him at all, not that he would be on the Redskins radar anyway.

TCB

Run like the wind!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scherff plays today.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that was my take too. I wouldn't say Marriota looked good, he looked like a system QB and was missing wide open guys all over the field in the first half. NOT impressed with him at all, not that he would be on the Redskins radar anyway.

My thoughts also. We've had our fill of system QBs that are prospects. Maybe the Eagles would be interested in him.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also watch'kansas state vs ucla today 2 qbs that would be there round 2 and3 in the draft hundly from ucla and jake waters from kansas state also ksu gots the best center in football bj finney

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
buckner and anderson on the d/line looked good to me both big tall athletic guys we could use

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wr tyler lockett for ksu also' but he'is'5,9 wr

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Although Winston passed from the pocket he was doing the same thing as Griffin, waiting for the receiver to get a college portion of separation. There was no way to tell if he has NFL type anticipation. He looked kind of like sheriff in on that fall backwards fumble.

It is hard to find pro style QBs in college. It is much easier to teach them how to run a spread option offense.

SkinFaninATL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched a couple of games. I see some mocking Collins to us with our first pick. I didn't see the whole game, but what I saw, I wasn't overly impressed. First, he is a strong safety that plays like a LB. Second, I saw a couple of tackles he wiffed on. Our first priority at S needs to be a FS. We have a couple of guys that can play SS adequately enough. We need a centerfielder that can go sideline to sideline to defend against the deep ball and pick a few off. He needs to also be a sure open field tackler as he is the last line of defense. Collins doesn't impress me as that player. Don't think he's worth it with the 5th pick. Maybe if he's still there in the second or if we trade down to a later 1st, but I'd focus elsewhere if we keep the pick.

Yeah! They needed an APB out for Landon Collins. For the record, I'm not impressed with him. I would have a natural fit if we took him at five, overall.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah! They needed an APB out for Landon Collins. For the record, I'm not impressed with him. I would have a natural fit if we took him at five, overall.

i dont see collins as an answer for us . he doesnt cover well deep and we dont need that we need a guy who can cover ground

i will get shot for this but i feel amerson would be a perfect FS for us and then we could look at tall CB

martinez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone on tcu's defense lol. Paul Dawson stood out the most but I think ilb isn't one of our big needs

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone on tcu's defense lol. Paul Dawson stood out the most but I think ilb isn't one of our big needs

It's a need. Riley is just so so and Robinson is always injured.

SkinFaninATL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont see collins as an answer for us . he doesnt cover well deep and we dont need that we need a guy who can cover ground

i will get shot for this but i feel amerson would be a perfect FS for us and then we could look at tall CB

Yeah, Dad! I just don't see a top-five player in Landon Collins. When we got Sean Taylor at #4, it was justified, pre-draft. I liked the Landry pick, prior to the 2007 draft. Collins has ability, but not enough play-making ability. If he fell to the 2nd round, possibly. Also, prior to the 2013 draft, I was one of the ones, who said Amerson should be at FS.

martinez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a need. Riley is just so so and Robinson is always injured.
and then theres compton who i like in coverage and his speed but hes not a run stuffer or starting material. all three have their strengths and weaknesses.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we can win with those 3 guys . they dont need to be great although robinson staying healthy is a must

i feel the LOS is a top need on both sides

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we can win with those 3 guys . they dont need to be great although robinson staying healthy is a must

i feel the LOS is a top need on both sides

I agree. ILB is a need, but not a top need. We will need to upgrade Riley in the next year or two.