• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

any possible upsets this weekend?

bbirish73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have 3 possible ones.

Ohio State at Illinois.

Alabama at Mississippi State.

Minnesota at Iowa. Iowa is so overrated it is a matter of time before they lose

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the most likely is Minnesota at Iowa.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll go with Minny over Iowa as a possible, but I don't see Bama losing to Miss State (even after a big win). Illinois over Ohio State is lunacy. (but I hope youre right)

Interesting situation after the MSU Nebraska game. If Ohio state beats MSU and Michigan wins out, Michigan will win the Big10 and with 2 losses will probably be out of the playoff. Hard to root for Michigan to win out, but it might be our best shot at the playoff.

KnuteRoc

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt Iowa loses to the Gophers. With Jerry Kill I might be more inclined to lean towards an upset, but not as-is. We don't have to worry about Iowa until the B1G championship, their division is too weak for their SoS to suddenly be better than ours, they're at like 60th range, we're in the top 10. While people might not like it and point to the notion that our 3 turnovers to Clemson aren't "positives", they in fact are to us, because we know one of those would've 99% turned into a TD and possibly completely changed the outcome. As well, our D stood up well to the current #1 team in the nation and we showed superior numbers on offense. A turnover away from possibly being #1 instead of #4. I don't think this is lost on the committee, thankfully.

If Iowa wins out, they beat OSU and deserve to be in, but OSU's schedule is bleh, so if they win the B1G, Iowa doesn't jump us. As long as we win @Stanford, I think we're in, close, not 100% but I think we're in.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt Iowa loses to the Gophers. With Jerry Kill I might be more inclined to lean towards an upset, but not as-is. We don't have to worry about Iowa until the B1G championship, their division is too weak for their SoS to suddenly be better than ours, they're at like 60th range, we're in the top 10. While people might not like it and point to the notion that our 3 turnovers to Clemson aren't "positives", they in fact are to us, because we know one of those would've 99% turned into a TD and possibly completely changed the outcome. As well, our D stood up well to the current #1 team in the nation and we showed superior numbers on offense. A turnover away from possibly being #1 instead of #4. I don't think this is lost on the committee, thankfully.

If Iowa wins out, they beat OSU and deserve to be in, but OSU's schedule is bleh, so if they win the B1G, Iowa doesn't jump us. As long as we win @Stanford, I think we're in, close, not 100% but I think we're in.
Minnesota is a decent team that has managed to step on its own crank in a few games. The difference maker is that it's at Iowa IMO but it should be close.

I hope the committee realizes that Iowa needed a last second FG to beat Pitt, who we handled pretty easily.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minnesota is a decent team that has managed to step on its own crank in a few games. The difference maker is that it's at Iowa IMO but it should be close.

I hope the committee realizes that Iowa needed a last second FG to beat Pitt, who we handled pretty easily.

Yeah that was one reason they needed to beat Pitt so that the common opponent between Notre Dame and Iowa is a team Notre Dame handled that Iowa needed a 57 yard FG to win.