• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Antonio Davis laughs at today's cream-puff soft NBA...

Lone Granger

Superstar
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that you on your Avi ?? If so you look like you just got out of San Quentin State Prison bro.

J/K :laugh3:

It's me.

cape-fear-prison-simpsons.gif

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AD wasn't good enough to start during the 90's because teams were stacked back then... not so much during the 00's and today. That's sort of the point.
Riiiiiight...thanks for the laugh.

What next..... prime Chris Dudley would be a 3X MVP over the last 6yrs?

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say this much....the 90's was way more well rounded as far as top teams went then the 2000's

TheDangerousKitchen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Riiiiiight...thanks for the laugh.

What next..... prime Chris Dudley would be a 3X MVP over the last 6yrs?

What's that supposed to mean...? Clearly you weren't around to watch the league during the 90s (in particular the early-mid part of the decade). AD wasn't good enough to be a starter back then but he would most certainly be a All Star caliber player today.

TheDangerousKitchen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say this much....the 90's was way more well rounded as far as top teams went then the 2000's

More well-rounded, more fundamentally sound, much more team-oriented, much more physical, et al.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's that supposed to mean...? Clearly you weren't around to watch the league during the 90s (in particular the early-mid part of the decade). AD wasn't good enough to be a starter back then but he would most certainly be a All Star caliber player today.
It means you're an imbecile to imply that AD wasn't good enough to start for any team in the league during the 6yrs he played for Indy in the 90's.

If I didn't see him play, then we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And there are 10 teams as bad OR worse today, than any expansion team in the 90's.

Next

Can you say...."injuries"

I know you can because you've preached and cried a lot about them the short time you've been here.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree:Had to grow up and see it, i guess. Had to be mentally tougher to play in the league back in the 80"s and 90's...

Wonder how LeFlop would've done...?:lol:

Right on cue we have Mr. :agree:

How did you grow up and see it back then when you never provide a logical or insightful personal opinion on what is being shown now OR back then?

You're in the wrong thread.

TheDangerousKitchen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree:Had to grow up and see it, i guess. Had to be mentally tougher to play in the league back in the 80"s and 90's...

Wonder how LeFlop would've done...?:lol:

No question about it... if you weren't mentally tough you'd get crushed.

As for LeEasyWayOut, he constantly whines and cries in today's "zero-contact" era... there's no way he would cut it back in the 80's / 90's.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheDangerousKitchen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you say...."injuries"

I know you can because you've preached and cried a lot about them the short time you've been here.

ROFLMAO... injuries or not the EC today is weaker than it's ever been, while there have been 3-4 teams in the WC (over the past 10 years) that have been no better than the expansion teams of the 90's.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right on cue we have Mr. :agree:

How did you grow up and see it back then when you never provide a logical or insightful personal opinion on what is being shown now OR back then?

You're in the wrong thread.

Do try to kick me off it if you'd like...:lol:

Fact:i've watched the game since '70. And quite frankly could give a rat's ass what YOU think of my "knowledge of the game". I just know who i can discuss the game with, and who i simply don't bother. Your clown ass would qualify for the latter...

Now do fun along, chump. You're fouling the air around here...

_Xer0_

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this current era is the BEST the NBA has EVER been.

cry some more bitches!

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this current era is the BEST the NBA has EVER been.

cry some more bitches!

LOL

I'm now coming into this thread just to laugh at your posts. They're quite comical. Seriously, how old are you?

Half the players now wouldn't last half a season in the 90's. Being a Pistons fan, you should know this..

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best and purest basketball happened pre-1985. Back when basketball was basketball. Back before the league started worrying about ratings and television contracts and marketing superstars. Hell, there was no basketball on prime time television. On the weekend, the NBA Finals were noon starts. And, on weeknights, they were on tape delay. There were no superstar calls, traveling was a travel, a charge was a charge and basketball was basketball.

Not sports entertainment.

Sure, today's athletes are bigger, stronger, faster ....

But the game itself was better then because it was about playing basketball.

Not selling tennis shoes.

Am I Blue Through it All?

Herald of the Apocalypse
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best and purest basketball happened pre-1985. Back when basketball was basketball. Back before the league started worrying about ratings and television contracts and marketing superstars. Hell, there was no basketball on prime time television. On the weekend, the NBA Finals were noon starts. And, on weeknights, they were on tape delay. There were no superstar calls, traveling was a travel, a charge was a charge and basketball was basketball.

Not sports entertainment.

Sure, today's athletes are bigger, stronger, faster ....

But the game itself was better then because it was about playing basketball.

Not selling tennis shoes.

Agreed. When I was a wee lad there were only 8 teams. No dilution of talent. First round draft choices routinely did not make the teams. Yeah, those guys were not as athletic as todays players, but they all had tremendous skills and fundamentals. I used to hate the Celtics, but came to admire what they accomplished over the years. Some say they always had the best players. I don't buy that. They had some of the smartest, along with the smartest coach. Great days. I'd still take Wilt first if he were as he was to build my team. He might need some attitude and focus adjustments...

Shoveyjoe

El Flaco
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No question about it... if you weren't mentally tough you'd get crushed.

As for LeEasyWayOut, he constantly whines and cries in today's "zero-contact" era... there's no way he would cut it back in the 80's / 90's.

Because he is not playing within in the rules of the period. He would change his game if he played in the 1990s.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL

I'm now coming into this thread just to laugh at your posts. They're quite comical. Seriously, how old are you?

Half the players now wouldn't last half a season in the 90's. Being a Pistons fan, you should know this..

It's the stuff that he posts that tells me he's simply a Leclown fan and the facts simply don't matter to him...