• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Antione Winfield

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per Adam Schefter -- Seattle will sign former 49ers CB Perrish Cox if he passes his physical today and team also is considering placing CB Brandon Browner IR.

I'm surprised we'd be interested in a used Cox from a team with VD and Crabs. :laugh3:

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per Adam Schefter -- Seattle will sign former 49ers CB Perrish Cox if he passes his physical today and team also is considering placing CB Brandon Browner IR.

I am not smart at all in these matters, but why would the team IR BB if he would be cut due to his transgressions?

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not smart at all in these matters, but why would the team IR BB if he would be cut due to his transgressions?

Because in the CBA you cannot cut someone who is injured, and it doesn't matter if the cut is injury related or not. So, it's easier and less destractive to just IR him than to hold him on the active roster until healthy and then cut him. Now this is just from memory, and I did not confirm it with anything, so I could be wrong.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because in the CBA you cannot cut someone who is injured, and it doesn't matter if the cut is injury related or not. So, it's easier and less destractive to just IR him than to hold him on the active roster until healthy and then cut him. Now this is just from memory, and I did not confirm it with anything, so I could be wrong.

Makes sense to me.

STBR 27

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winfield got torched by Wes Welker but who doesn't.

Winfield didn't separate himself from our younger cb's so why would we keep a 36 yo with similar talent to a 25 yo? Makes no sense.

I'd rather have AW over Tru.

Winfield didn't even get into pre-season games until the 3rd and 4th quarter, when Wes Welker was long gone from the game. AW got torched by WRs that are not even in the league, that is why he got cut.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched them on NFL network saying that Seattle is still talking with Winfieldl, and now Winfield is saying he is open to coming back. They said it might happen by next week.

Stay tuned.....

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winfield didn't even get into pre-season games until the 3rd and 4th quarter, when Wes Welker was long gone from the game. AW got torched by WRs that are not even in the league, that is why he got cut.

27, I was 99.9% sure that it was Winfield, not that it's a big deal at this juncture, that got toasted on that fake slant and then out by Welker on a couple of plays. One was a TD pass.

I can visualize games like Elway vs Joe on MNF from 20 years ago but can't even remember a Hawk game that happened 4 months ago? I'm losing it. :noidea:

Who was covering Welker in the slot when he caught those balls? :scratch:

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
27, I was 99.9% sure that it was Winfield, not that it's a big deal at this juncture, that got toasted on that fake slant and then out by Welker on a couple of plays. One was a TD pass.

I can visualize games like Elway vs Joe on MNF from 20 years ago but can't even remember a Hawk game that happened 4 months ago? I'm losing it. :noidea:

Who was covering Welker in the slot when he caught those balls? :scratch:

Osprey, I never thought I would say this, but I think I recall what you seem to, which is to say that Winfield was the DB that got roasted by Welker on the double move. We actually agree on something. Who knew?!?

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Osprey, I never thought I would say this, but I think I recall what you seem to, which is to say that Winfield was the DB that got roasted by Welker on the double move. We actually agree on something. Who knew?!?

:yo:

It's all part of the rivalry, 21, and nothing more. We're just passionate dudes that occasionally

:fencing:

I would talk the same chit with pictures to ninersickness and I think he's a cool guy. I just have a big mouth and try to get the rivalry amped up.