• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Anquan Boldin isn't done yet...HOF calling?

Will Anquan Boldin make the HOF?

• Yes

• No

• Peter Warrick stole his potato salad

Results are only viewable after voting.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woo boy, your WR corp is bad if Anquan Boldin is the #2 at his age; and a massive injury red flag in Watkins is your 1. But a good signing nonetheless. Not sure what it does for the Bills though? Feels like this late in the game it's better to say fuck it and carry the 2.5M over. They are still on the bottom of the AFC WC pile with no realistic hope at the division.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was a great possession guy. He was never really known to be fast, but he looked like a snail his last year in SF. Greg Cosell commented from film study that he was so slow in running his patterns that he was disrupting the timing of plays.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was a great possession guy. He was never really known to be fast, but he looked like a snail his last year in SF. Greg Cosell commented from film study that he was so slow in running his patterns that he was disrupting the timing of plays.
yet he still led detroit in receiving TD's lol

he'll make the team, but hes not the same guy he was even 3 years ago.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boldin is a good guy for the young guys like Watkins and Zay Jones to learn from. Bills WR corps is lacking a lot, but Philly Brown brings decent speed, Zay Jones looked really good coming out of ECU and if Watkins can stay healthy all year, that's a pretty decent quad right there. Boldin is definitely a HOF'er. Might reach the top 10 in all-time receiving yards if he gets 568 yards. 8 TDs, which is what he got last year, will put him at 13th all-time in touchdowns, 35 receptions puts him in the top 5 all-time receptions.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Hines Ward is going to be considered someday then Anquan Boldin definitely will get in. I don't look at it as a matter of IF, rather a matter of WHEN... The log jam for WR's trying to get into the HOF is pretty big. It will take some time before they all get their due.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Hines Ward is going to be considered someday then Anquan Boldin definitely will get in. I don't look at it as a matter of IF, rather a matter of WHEN... The log jam for WR's trying to get into the HOF is pretty big. It will take some time before they all get their due.

Agree 100%. Everyone is quick to put Hines Ward in but they forget that Anquan is now entering his 15th year and he's got the stats to prove it and most of those states are better than Hines.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree 100%. Everyone is quick to put Hines Ward in but they forget that Anquan is now entering his 15th year and he's got the stats to prove it and most of those states are better than Hines.
interestingly, ward played in more games (to this point), about a seasons worth more. i agree i dont like hines in the HOF, but people forget how durable he was. boldin played in less than 15 games, 5 times. ward, twice.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing that really separates Hines from the minds of the voters was his physicality. He was one of the toughest & most feared blocking WR's in the game. He also has a SB MVP & 2 more pro-bowls on his résumé, but that's sort of nitpicking.

Boldin is a great player. Its a shame that he got tossed around the league so much. Buffalo will be his 5th home. Pretty crazy to see a HOF caliber player go through that many teams in their career. Randy Moss & Terrell Owens come to mind.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

First option in every critical situation last year.

Namely third downs and red zone. He's slower than I am, but he's as steady as she goes.

HOF for this generation of receivers will be interesting. A lot of former greats getting passed by numbers wise that should be inducted first.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he's a HOF'er. There are just too many receivers with similar type numbers from his era or who overlapped his era - L. Fitzgerald, R. Wayne, A. Johnson, S. Smith, Bruce, Holt, C. Johnson, B. Marshall.....

From those guys, I'd say Fitz, CJ and AJ are the only ones who I could lean for....guys you can make a really good case as being the best in the game at a certain time.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anquan is one of my favorite receivers, was the man in Arizona until Fitz showed up and he got overshadowed. His numbers would be even better if not that. That team had two of the best receivers in the game at the same time. Sad but true.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah he was one of my favorites too. But this is the Hall of Fame, not the Hall of Damned Good. My bar is high and Bolden is just not there IMO.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

IDK. I don't follow Detroit and is that because they were just poor as a passing team? I think he still might be useful as a 3rd WR out of the slot if you have good primary receivers that draw the defense off of him.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was certainly tough as shit. Remember this play like it was yesterday. I think he fractured his face and still played the following week.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah he was one of my favorites too. But this is the Hall of Fame, not the Hall of Damned Good. My bar is high and Bolden is just not there IMO.
I agree, was only pointing out that his numbers and possibilities were reduced when the Cardinals drafted Fitz. Hard to believe he didn't go to another team in need of top WR when he was much younger.