• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Another loss in the books

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cant blame the refs (they still screwed us) on this one. We were truly outmatched in this game and OSU put us back in our place. Any goal of a conf championship is dashed and we can once again relish being in the middle of our conference once again.

Hearing that OSU was returning two of three injured starting O lineman gave me concern. Our D line was destined to be overmatched. Weinstein’s did not have the tools to stop their offense. Long was a human highlight film. I’m not sure how many times he singlehandedly made great tackles on their running backs, but then 3 rd and long came up, Long left the field, and the defense was helpless. Kudos to the D for the turnovers. Had anyone told me our D would end up scoring two touchdowns and we would still lose, I’d say they were crazy.

This D actually Got us back into the game, but then laid an egg.

Besides the D line getting beat, the O line was just as bad. I thought this unit would be the strength of our team. Bad snaps killed drives, D lineman came through the line at will and we could not open up holes for the running game.

Grier had his worst game as a mountaineer. Many passes were thrown late and behind receivers, several throws into double coverage. He was not helped out by the receivers who had drops and lost interceptions on contested balls. Had Simms turned his head on one play we could have avoided another interception and maybe even taken the lead.

I have grown to hate 3rd downs. CFB should adopt the Canadian rule.

So on to the future. Looks like Patterson at TCU should get fired for losing it Iowa State. It should be a challenge to go up against a team wit strong front lines again. I do like our chances as they do not have the receivers to expose our corners. Grier should be able to get some long throws to score some points.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cant blame the refs (they still screwed us) on this one. We were truly outmatched in this game and OSU put us back in our place. Any goal of a conf championship is dashed and we can once again relish being in the middle of our conference once again.

Hearing that OSU was returning two of three injured starting O lineman gave me concern. Our D line was destined to be overmatched. Weinstein’s did not have the tools to stop their offense. Long was a human highlight film. I’m not sure how many times he singlehandedly made great tackles on their running backs, but then 3 rd and long came up, Long left the field, and the defense was helpless. Kudos to the D for the turnovers. Had anyone told me our D would end up scoring two touchdowns and we would still lose, I’d say they were crazy.

This D actually Got us back into the game, but then laid an egg.

Besides the D line getting beat, the O line was just as bad. I thought this unit would be the strength of our team. Bad snaps killed drives, D lineman came through the line at will and we could not open up holes for the running game.

Grier had his worst game as a mountaineer. Many passes were thrown late and behind receivers, several throws into double coverage. He was not helped out by the receivers who had drops and lost interceptions on contested balls. Had Simms turned his head on one play we could have avoided another interception and maybe even taken the lead.

I have grown to hate 3rd downs. CFB should adopt the Canadian rule.

So on to the future. Looks like Patterson at TCU should get fired for losing it Iowa State. It should be a challenge to go up against a team wit strong front lines again. I do like our chances as they do not have the receivers to expose our corners. Grier should be able to get some long throws to score some points.

I like the idea of Canadian rules!!

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we bounce back this week, had OSU marked as a loss going into the season so I am not surprised by the outcome. I think we take it to Iowa State.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we bounce back this week, had OSU marked as a loss going into the season so I am not surprised by the outcome. I think we take it to Iowa State.

They've opened as 3.5 home favorites so Vegas likes them ..barely.