• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Another IDP questions for The Treff and Joe!....

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since I traded Timmons I was left with a hole at ILB. SO I did a deal.

I gave away

Brandon Marshall

I got back

Jon Bostic and Cameran Wake

I have loved Bostic since his days in college and I think he will take a huge step forward and he is young. I all ready own Christain jones and figured one them will end up in the middle and Bostic put up some nice numbers down the stretch last year. I also think with Donkykong Suh in Miami that Wake will go nuts on the end.

Give it to me strait.

What do you think was this a bad deal for me or not?

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh plus I hate the Jets!

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steve Smith, Garcon, Lafell, Patterson, James Jones, Andre Homes, Dwayne Bowe, Steve Johnson.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
obv u needa receiver, marshall was really all you had as a #1, but his value is supposedly down , now that hes a jet....but he may still be the ebst you had, the deal is fine,but you need some players at wr

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ugh Foot, those WR's leave a little to be desired. I mean they aren't terrible, but dang, not that great either. I don't care much for Marshall as a Jet, and until I saw what you'd have left I was totally for the deal, now I'm not so sure. You'd be banking an awful lot on Garcon resurging, and LaFell maintaining his somewhat impressive emergence.

The deal itself makes sense, but in the context of your overall team, mehhh..I don't think I would unless your need at DL was even worse than your WR situation.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm understanding your situation, I think you're putting too much HOPE in possible stars (Bostic and Christian Jones). And Wake is good, but he's getting up there in age.

I get the sense that because you guys carry a full team of 11 IDP players, you're trying to solidify your defense since there won't be much depth with 132 IDP drafted/kept.

But I still think you're sacrificing offense. Your IDP league may reward you with some nice defensive scoring, but a bump in scoring won't make even the better IDP make more tackles. IDP numbers seem to rise and fall from game to game.

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the input guys. I was even thinner at DE. I have JPP and I had young from chi but traded him. I think Cameran Wake could potentially be a beast not that Suh will be double teamed in the middle who I happen to also own. I trae McCoy for Suh strait up even though I like McCoy better at DT I also think Suh will benifit greatly from having Wake on his hip side. But maybe I am being a homer since I am a Dolphin fan.

I also am planning to draft a rookie wr. I also have Tavon Austin whom you guys know I love and am still holding out a shread of hope that he can get the play book down and get rolling finally. Pipe dream? Maybe but I am all in on him and Cord Patterson that is why I decided to let go of Marshall.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Fisher. He gets a lot of production out of "average" players. However, if you look at Fisher's coaching record, his numbers suggest that he is your typical run-first coach.

In 19 seasons as head coach, his rushing offense has put up a respectable 12.4 average ranking. But his passing offenses (i.e. Tavon) have averaged a rank of 19.2 which puts him in the bottom half of the league.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it's that bad. Wake and Marshall could be equals, and both are on their last ride.

I would also think adding a WR worth something is easier than adding DL that will make a difference.

Either way, this won't make or break you.