• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Another absurd effort

smokerch15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UN-WATCH-ABLE.

Swinging at the first pitch is not a plan at the plate.

Doesn't matter what the pitching match-up is if you never score.

BTW, can everyone else feel others laughing at the Reds win we put a .170 hitter in the DH slot?

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said on another forum that I thought the Reds were not very interesting this year, and some other bozo defined that as "boring."

That is not the same thing. "Boring" is what you call the sport itself when you prefer to watch NBA guys do a slam-dunk contest for the ESPN mouthpieces. There seems to be no sense of value in creating a winnable game. These guys are generally slow, going on slower, the pitchers take forever to get a sign, stretch (in a stretch a lot lately) and deliver another pitch that gets fouled off.

And ... for crap's sake! Get in the box and hit. You are going to pop it up anyhow.

I can't say this is a good example, but Mesoraco hits a ground ball that the SS fields on the OUTFIELD grass with his back to the infield ... and still throws him out at first base. Geez, how slow do you have to be.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only have to win 1 game this weekend for the road trip to be a success.
Against another rookie on Saturday, don't like our chances.

Depends which Tep shows up for Tx. He is normally lights out the first time through and gets lit the second time through. Wouldn't be surprised to see him only make 4 innings. If he has it rolling though, the kid has good stuff. What's the word on your guy tonight? leake I think?

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leake will get no support. Knowing this, I give him 3 innings.

Redsfan1507

It is what it is
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leake should have been the DH... And I will guess he won't hit tonite either, but maybe Iztfurus will. The hitters have an infection, but Dustaroo is treating it with dog schidt. Well be fine after the amputation.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our DH options ... Hannahan, Izturis, Heisey, Paul, Robinson (whichever isn't in the game.)
Izturis carries that additional weapon of being a switch-hitter who can ground into a double play as well from the left as from the right. He did get a couple of hits the other week, though.