• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Angel Villalona to return

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Henry Schulman relayed this report .

Staci Slaughter, the Giants' senior vice president of communications, just let me know in response to an inquiry that the club expects to "resolve" a $5 million breach-of-contract lawsuit that Villalona filed against the Giants in the Dominican, and that if it is resolved, Villalona "most likely" will be reinstated into their system and report to the team's academy on the island to resume his baseball work.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Henry Schulman relayed this report .

Staci Slaughter, the Giants' senior vice president of communications, just let me know in response to an inquiry that the club expects to "resolve" a $5 million breach-of-contract lawsuit that Villalona filed against the Giants in the Dominican, and that if it is resolved, Villalona "most likely" will be reinstated into their system and report to the team's academy on the island to resume his baseball work.

I believe he's still only 21, so this could be good news.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was on my "prospects to keep an eye on" at the beginning of the year. I do not expect anything from him, but if...

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boy, I remember talks about the next Miguel Cabrera with this kid, who's still a kid.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boy, I remember talks about the next Miguel Cabrera with this kid, who's still a kid.

We had 4 can't miss prospects...

Posey
Bumgarner
Alderson
Villalona

Alderson busted, but AFTER we traded him, so all is good there. Now, AnVil gets a 2nd lease on life. I would be A-O-K turning Belt into a career LF if Villalona pans out...

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We had 4 can't miss prospects...

Posey
Bumgarner
Alderson
Villalona

Alderson busted, but AFTER we traded him, so all is good there. Now, AnVil gets a 2nd lease on life. I would be A-O-K turning Belt into a career LF if Villalona pans out...

Fuck yeah I would! Beastly lineup right there, R-S-R-L, very diverse, though to matchup the bullpen. But lets not get ahaid of ourselves. (Thats the batting stances BTW)

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He actually throws a bit of a wrench into the minor leagues for next year. I was pegging Oropesa for SJ, but I would like to see AnVil there as well. Maybe Anvil moves back to 3B? Than what about Duvall? Maybe they just have to push Anvil and start him in Richmond...

Minor League rosterbation will be fun next year.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He actually throws a bit of a wrench into the minor leagues for next year. I was pegging Oropesa for SJ, but I would like to see AnVil there as well. Maybe Anvil moves back to 3B? Than what about Duvall? Maybe they just have to push Anvil and start him in Richmond...

Minor League rosterbation will be fun next year.

I remember them worrying about his weight, but you gotta think he didn't lose control of himself, being in jail and all. (Did he spend time in jail?). Doubt he'd go back to 3B though.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And this also probably means, with the great reports of Tommy Joseph, Tom will probably stay at catcher instead of making the transition to 1B, like many thought he would.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top Catcher Prospects...

Joseph (legit)
Susac (legit)
Sanchez (MLB ready?)
Monell (likely journeyman bu catcher)

Top 1B Prospects (not counting Belt)

Oropesa
Villalona
Thomas

Looks like there is more room at 1B in the org than catcher...

Either way, nice problem to have...

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top Catcher Prospects...

Joseph (legit)
Susac (legit)
Sanchez (MLB ready?)
Monell (likely journeyman bu catcher)

Top 1B Prospects (not counting Belt)

Oropesa
Villalona
Thomas

Looks like there is more room at 1B in the org than catcher...

Either way, nice problem to have...

i-see-what-you-did-there2.jpg

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better picture of our Dear Reader practicing his speech:

readmylipsnonewjobs.jpg

Hey Mays Fan, this is a sports site not a political one. You were a big bore with this crap at ESPN, can you please give it a rest here?

We get it, Obama sucks, Republicans rule, etc...all done?

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Mays Fan, this is a sports site not a political one. You were a big bore with this crap at ESPN, can you please give it a rest here?

We get it, Obama sucks, Republicans rule, etc...all done?

Sure, if you agree to not post pictures of the guy spearheading the rapid decline of our country in some sort of "cool" light. Destruction of our country is anything BUT cool.

And my dislike for Obama's policies does not mean I think "Republicans rule". In fact it is the Republican butt boys (and girls), who are at the heart of our country's disintegration. You are a good Giants fan, but you are wrong in that politically you think you "get it". You absolutely don't.

AND, no one complained about the discussion of religion in a negative light, nor one poster's signature dissing religion.

Done.

Go Giants.

the_broom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sure, if you agree to not post pictures of the guy spearheading the rapid decline of our country in some sort of "cool" light. Destruction of our country is anything BUT cool.

And my dislike for Obama's policies does not mean I think "Republicans rule". In fact it is the Republican butt boys (and girls), who are at the heart of our country's disintegration. You are a good Giants fan, but you are wrong in that politically you think you "get it". You absolutely don't.

AND, no one complained about the discussion of religion in a negative light, nor one poster's signature dissing religion.

Done.

Go Giants.

Please, enough of the political bullshit...if someone wants to post something funny...cool...but let's drop the rhetoric....this is the Giants baseball forum....

BeerMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know if anyone has posted this but Gary Brown made the prospect hot sheet from baseball America. Here's the little write up they do:

At this point, it's clear that Brown is ready for Double-A, as he's blitzed through the Cal League with an advanced hit tool and top-scale speed. Hitting .338/.407/.515 with 50 stolen bases, the 2010 first-round pick has lived up to or exceeded expectations at the plate while playing premium defense in center field, earning physical and skill set comparisons to Angels center fielder Peter Bourjos.

I'd love to have a player similar to Peter Bourjos on the Giants. Hopefully we get to see him in SF next year

the_broom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Don't know if anyone has posted this but Gary Brown made the prospect hot sheet from baseball America. Here's the little write up they do:

At this point, it's clear that Brown is ready for Double-A, as he's blitzed through the Cal League with an advanced hit tool and top-scale speed. Hitting .338/.407/.515 with 50 stolen bases, the 2010 first-round pick has lived up to or exceeded expectations at the plate while playing premium defense in center field, earning physical and skill set comparisons to Angels center fielder Peter Bourjos.

I'd love to have a player similar to Peter Bourjos on the Giants. Hopefully we get to see him in SF next year

That would be great...I had heard someone say his defense in the outfield was suspect, but that write up seems to contradict that.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please, enough of the political bullshit...if someone wants to post something funny...cool...but let's drop the rhetoric....this is the Giants baseball forum....

I agree that it is best to leave the politics at the door (for the most part).

For what it worth, though, I actually think the pic mays posted was pretty funny. It also so happens that I am quite right-winged, so it is not surprising that I would.

This is a SAN FRANCISCO Giants board, though, so I understand that Mays' and my views would nopt be received well here, so I only throw the occasional jab and move on.

You guys are my friends. I accept the fact that you are all raging political lunatics.

;)

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be great...I had heard someone say his defense in the outfield was suspect, but that write up seems to contradict that.

I have heard that he has POTENTIAL in the OF, but that he is still learning how to play it, and that he does not have his lines down yet.

I saw a highlight clip of one of his games earlier this season where he was running all over the place in CF. He had the speed, but he looked awkward as all hell out there. I was then told that was just a bad game for him in the field, so I just figured SSS.

Who knows.