• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Andrew Luck

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's all media hype.

It's a forgone conclusion that Andrew Luck will be drafted first, by the Colts, who suck.

So now other players are getting interest and buzz, finally.

So in the minds of many, Andrew Luck now sucks, blows, and he's going to be a statue that gets knocked down every play, and he's going to be the next Ryan Leaf.

Hell yaz I'm exaggerating... but whatever, I gotta bitch about something.

TrinDaddy

Trinconceivable!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
How often have you seen him play? Serious question, as Ohio isn't a big Stanford market. I think many of you are highly underselling his mobility. He's not Michael Vick but this kid certainly isn't Carson Palmer. When I've watched him, he has great footwork for a qb and is deceptively mobile

I've watched the kid play. Pac-10(12) games and WAC games are what we get to watch late at night in the EST zone and I pirate most games online. Stanford has been my favorite west coast team to watch for quite some time, pre Luck. I'm not saying luck is completely unable to move, he's just never going to be a qb who goes through his first, maybe 2nd read then split out of the pocket down the field consistently. That's not his game. He'll take off if there isn't a throw available and a wide open space, but let's not kid ourselves into thinking he'll be the next Vick, or Young, or Mcnair. He'll be mobile more like Elway or Marino in the fact that he can get down-field if need be but plays won't require or call for his legs very often at all.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've watched the kid play. Pac-10(12) games and WAC games are what we get to watch late at night in the EST zone and I pirate most games online. Stanford has been my favorite west coast team to watch for quite some time, pre Luck. I'm not saying luck is completely unable to move, he's just never going to be a qb who goes through his first, maybe 2nd read then split out of the pocket down the field consistently. That's not his game. He'll take off if there isn't a throw available and a wide open space, but let's not kid ourselves into thinking he'll be the next Vick, or Young, or Mcnair. He'll be mobile more like Elway or Marino in the fact that he can get down-field if need be but plays won't require or call for his legs very often at all.

I agree.... He moves very well in the pocket and will make first downs with his feet every now and then. His running ability might be similar to that of Aaron Rogers - A guy that is quick on his feet but is obviously trying to pass first.

Again, nobody is questioning the kid's athletic abilities.