• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Andrew Luck for Patrick Willis trade?

jordan20_3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Would you do this trade with no strings attached no extra picks just straight up.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
if Luck was a 'typical' top QB prospect (Ryan, Stafford, etc.), no i wouldn't trade. [think of these names BEFORE their NFL career, at their draft day]

but everything i've read to date indicates Luck is one of the best prospects in recent history....history. IF so, yes i'd make the trade.

mufasa76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
2 words - Ryan Leaf

i will take PeeWilli any day..

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell no! A proven player, one of the best LB's in the game for an unproven player who hasnt played a down in the NFL. Never!

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
A similar thread question was posted previously but I believe without the stipulation of not having to give up anything else.

I think Luck is a little over-hyped, but without having to give up anything else I'd probably do it. You could always turn around and trade Luck for a lot - much more than you'd get for Willis. You could realistically get a solid upgrade at QB, replace Willis with a decent alternative, get a #1 WR, and a good CB by moving Luck.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Not someone like Patrick willis in the prime of his career.

how much prime years does he have left?

this IS a tough call cause Willis is a perenial Pro Bowler, even All Pro (yes proven). but everything points to Luck being a Pro Bowler himself, but at QB, not MLB. even if he doesn't become the top QB in history, everything points to him becoming VERY good player.

a 'franchise' QB plays longer and can hold up a team longer (due to impact of QB), the obvious example is Brady, the team is getting worse around him but they keep winning. another example is Peyton.

Willis might have 5 GOOD years left, whereas Luck will play for 12, 10 of them at a high level.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
honestly...clyde, Imac n maybe bingo would call for my head... but i wouldn't move willis for almost anyone....

would the ravens move ray lewis in his prime for luck?

h-hour

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
What a tough question.

Uggh...I'd probably do it. But then immediately after the trade, I'd have to go drink myself into oblivion for a couple of days so I'd forget what I had just done.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
honestly...clyde, Imac n maybe bingo would call for my head... but i wouldn't move willis for almost anyone....

would the ravens move ray lewis in his prime for luck?

if they could go back and trade Lewis for Peyton, Brees, or Rodgers, yes they would. cause they can't get close again to another SB win. they've had good teams since 2000, but can't get close again. no matter how much talent you surround Boller and Flacco with.........can't get there.

it should come down to what you think of Luck?

because he's PROJECTED to be an Elway, Manning, Brady, its hard to accept it now. this is why the biggest knock is "unproven", granted a very valid knock.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
What a tough question.

Uggh...I'd probably do it. But then immediately after the trade, I'd have to go drink myself into oblivion for a couple of days so I'd forget what I had just done.

no question a DIFFICULT thing trading Willis.

SY8goat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would not trade my potential franchise QB for a MLB.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
What a tough question.

Hahaha!!! ...and hope like hell it was the right decision, because if you were wrong, you would be watching Willis continue his HOF career while Andrew Luck busted, from the unemployment line.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if they could go back and trade Lewis for Peyton, Brees, or Rodgers, yes they would. cause they can't get close again to another SB win. they've had good teams since 2000, but can't get close again. no matter how much talent you surround Boller and Flacco with.........can't get there.

it should come down to what you think of Luck?

because he's PROJECTED to be an Elway, Manning, Brady, its hard to accept it now. this is why the biggest knock is "unproven", granted a very valid knock.

So would they trade him for Ryan Leaf? Alex Smith? Cutler? Leinart? Young?

In the spectrum of 20/20 hind sight, OF COURSE they would trade Lewis for those guys, and The Niners would trade Willy for them as well.

But we do not live in the past. We live in the now, but are moving into the future. I will take the proven STUD and heart of the team over a potential Ryan Leaf or JaMarcus Russell.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
So would they trade him for Ryan Leaf? Alex Smith? Cutler? Leinart? Young?

In the spectrum of 20/20 hind sight, OF COURSE they would trade Lewis for those guys, and The Niners would trade Willy for them as well.

But we do not live in the past. We live in the now, but are moving into the future. I will take the proven STUD and heart of the team over a potential Ryan Leaf or JaMarcus Russell.

This perfectly illustrates the alternative possibility with Luck. Anyone who thinks 'Luck busting' is simply not possible has either not been around this game very long or hasn't learned very much in the time they have been around the game.

Well stated, snowskier!