• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Andrelton Simmons or Jose Iglesias?

Philabuster5

Visionary (aka dreamer)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh how the mighty (in my mind) have fallen, that it's come to this.
H2H dynasty....which would you prefer to own? And does it even matter?
Thanks

14 team with MI slot and owners hoard MIs....have Lindor and Bogaerts on way eventually, but wondering where to go for 2014. Thanks

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh how the mighty (in my mind) have fallen, that it's come to this.
H2H dynasty....which would you prefer to own? And does it even matter?
Thanks

14 team with MI slot and owners hoard MIs....have Lindor and Bogaerts on way eventually, but wondering where to go for 2014. Thanks

Gotta take Simmons for the bat, no?

Philabuster5

Visionary (aka dreamer)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just on a side note:
The gif of Iglesias play last night is my new team logo.

Thanks Chef....yeah, I'm likely just tired of waiting for Simmons to come around. I think he's got the better hit tool though, I agree. I am a Tigers fan for one ha, but there's the position eligibility factor, as well as a tenure thing in our league...essentially Iglesias could be kept in minors this offseason (and still play in 2013 playoffs) which would allow me to hold onto one more major leaguer for 2014.

All that's great! But if there's a noticeable dropoff at SS for even this year's playoffs which start for me In 13 days, then I can't risk it imo.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That play Inglesias made last night has to rank as one of the best of the year. As I said in another post, i'm sure guys like Fister and Porcello are very happy to have him at short. :clap::clap::clap:

Reverend Jim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,275.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just on a side note:
The gif of Iglesias play last night is my new team logo.

Thanks Chef....yeah, I'm likely just tired of waiting for Simmons to come around. I think he's got the better hit tool though, I agree. I am a Tigers fan for one ha, but there's the position eligibility factor, as well as a tenure thing in our league...essentially Iglesias could be kept in minors this offseason (and still play in 2013 playoffs) which would allow me to hold onto one more major leaguer for 2014.

All that's great! But if there's a noticeable dropoff at SS for even this year's playoffs which start for me In 13 days, then I can't risk it imo.

I think both players are an empty batting average long term, and my feelings are well documented on Simmons. That said, I think Simmons will put up the better and more consistant BA next year and in the future and has more speed. Also he's got his growing pains pretty much out of the way which also makes him the safer choice. Unless you really need that roster spot Simmons is currently filling, I'd hold on to him.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That play Inglesias made last night has to rank as one of the best of the year. As I said in another post, i'm sure guys like Fister and Porcello are very happy to have him at short. :clap::clap::clap:

How he got so much on that throw is beyond me..............for sure top 10 play I've seen this year. The play Phillips made this year was pretty incredable too..............

Philabuster5

Visionary (aka dreamer)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya, a year ago Iglesias was the prospect that we all wondered why he was still rostered in our league. That being said, I think Detroit is a better situation for him. They need an "all-defense" SS, so his roster spot and lineup spot is all but assured. There's value there.
But I agree, thanks Rev too...better to hold Simmons for now.
I knew Rev loved Andrelton! (that was edited to be more polite lol)

And never thought I'd hear "gotta keep simmons for the bat" ever again! How long has that been? Early 80s? But relative to Iglesias it's true :)

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both are great real life players, but not sure I would want either in fantasy. I agree that Simmons has the higher ceiling, but I would not feel obligated to keep him if you have another player more deserving of the roster spot. Iglesias is not that guy IMO.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My last name is Simmons... just sayin' ;)

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator: