• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

And you think Obama is trying to destroy the USA?

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That actually isn't a bad idea. And he's mainstream; I think he was the highest grossing artist of all time at one point.

Who's the dork in charge of choosing yawn fests like Bruce Springsteen, The Who, Tom Petty, Cold Play & so on? Prince, Bruno Mars & Madonna were the only good performances in recent memory IMO.
Not sure, but a halftime show w/ Billy Joel and Elton John would certainly attract a huge diverse audience imo. I am certainly not a fan of Beyonce, but I get it. ColdPlay isn't a terrible choice either.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
ColdPlay isn't a terrible choice either.

Yeah, it could've been a lot worse; but Cold Play doesn't exactly scream "Super Bowl Half Time Show" IMO. It screams (in a soft, high-pitched yawn), "My girlfriend just dumped me, and I want to be alone & listen to some guilty-pleasure tunes right now."

There are some great bands out there who would be TERRIBLE choices for the Super Bowl. Like Tool, for example.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it could've been a lot worse; but Cold Play doesn't exactly scream "Super Bowl Half Time Show" IMO. It screams (in a soft, high-pitched yawn), "My girlfriend just dumped me, and I want to be alone & listen to some tunes right now."

There are some great bands out there who would be TERRIBLE choices for the Super Bowl. Like Tool, for example.
ColdPlay attracts the younger college age chicks. They are trying to target a bigger female audience would be my guess?

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's true. I suppose all the dudes will be out picking up pizzas or throwing the football around in the back yard during half time anyway.
Yup.. The guys bring their girlfriends to the party to watch a football game and probably the majority could care less about watching a game. The girlfriends all mingle around the tv area drinking wine coolers and watching the Brit Chris Martin on stage. That is a life saver for the boyfriend so he can get his drink on and watch the game, while his girlfriend doesn't become a pain in the ass and wants to leave.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stopped by my buddies house tonight in Arcadia who is a rock fan and I asked him to YouTube me some old Metallica music and it was just horrifically bad. That's that music where dudes are running around stage smashing guitars and spitting cows blood onto the fans. All I could picture in my mind is some 13 year old listening to that and plotting to kill his family while writing "OZZY" on his fingers. I don't get that death acid metal crap at all dude???
Metallica is just metal. They are about as heavy as I get. You want to hear death metal, check this out.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't get a real band at the Super Bowl because they'd try to use the platform to promote some social cause. So its all some choreographed bs. Might as well have a reality show for halftime.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I use to love it when halftime came on, you would switch the channel to "in living color" for their "halftime show".

that show was funny.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Metallica is just metal. They are about as heavy as I get. You want to hear death metal, check this out.

Hahaha. OK, I was wrong. Just busting your chops cause your squad is kicking butt and I'm jealous my man. Good luck Sunday. I really feel AZ is the best team this year from top to bottom. The SB is the Sunday (Carolina/AZ). Palmer needs to step up and the team that wins the SB always gets a lucky bounce. (AZ's deflected TD reception. GB dropping an easy 3rd 4th quarter interception). Dont get me wrong, GB got some HUGE breaks too (Hail Mary and Petersons 99 yard INT getting over turned). GOOD LUCK!

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watch the Puppy Bowl you ignorant fools