• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

And these kind words for Huggy...Not Suprising!

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amazing how the same guys who are totally on board and supporting Holgorsen are wanting a hall of famer fired........................

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amazing how the same guys who are totally on board and supporting Holgorsen are wanting a hall of famer fired........................

Probably has to do with one coach creating his train wreck...

.... while the other coach took over a train wreck.

WvuDieHard

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,954.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well--good riddins to both those loafers. Key word here "Loafers"--neither Henderson or Harris liked to play defense and that is why they are gone. (That is straight from the horses mouth) Look back at how many times Henderson would score and his man beat him down the floor. How many times did Harris look at the top of the arena in a timeout? Both of these players had talent but they wanted to do it their way. I don't blame Huggins for this. In fact, it is a move in the right direction. You cant win with kids that wont play defense or kids that wont listen. Huggs wants to be here and this year will be that defining year as to if he remains.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly think the team will be better. Like Huggins says in the video we have the front runner for Big 12 player of the year returning and the guys that are eligible now ARE younger BUT they will be better/more talented than the guys that left. A one and done type of situation IMO, maybe not as talented as the UK players or what some of the other blue blood programs get but players that are more talented than the ones leaving already with room to grow should they stay.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no doubt Huggs should be back for next season, but to act like losing two double debit scorers in one season is not going hurt is delusional...while some say theses guys were not that good or had attitude problems imagine what our record would have been without them this year...when they were to come back we were going to be a top 25 team, now we are just rebuilding again with one star player and some unproven talent.

Most of the teams in the Big 12 lost very good talent so WVU might surprise some people this year....but to act like what is happening here is the norm for college basketball is a reach...Hugs is the face of this program and part of that job is keeping players in the program...can't just be chalked up to every player that leaves has a attitude problem. They did not seem to have a attitude problem during our midsession winning streak or beating Kansas, only seem to have it when they choose that WVU is not the program they want to be in or worth staying in.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone care for a chuckle in the midst of all this and maybe some perspective?

How bout a lil Huggs vs. Mick and a trip down memory lane from the field house days :laugh3: God this is classic!

WV MetroNews ? WATCH: Huggins full news conference regarding departures

Interesting Conference...

Some takeaways...

1. How many times did Huggins say " It happens everywhere!"
2. That he felt that it there wasn't a need to address the losses of the program more concerned they numbers were correct..Mickey says 12 of 16..Huggins says 12 of 23...who cares he lost or ran off 12 kids and never really addressed it other than some non qualifiers and some medicals..
3. Funny how he addressed success just wins and losses...never talked about the culture of the program...just sat back and seemed mystified by all the defections...
4. Threw the Bill Stewart mantra out there if he feels he can't help the program anymore he will quit!..LOL...I am sure he will just walk away from 2.5 million per year...:lol:
5. Fell back to saying he can't compete with the condition of the coliseum...didn't they just spend 25 million on a new practice facility?...aren't they getting ready to spend 25 million more on Coliseum upgrades?...btw I am not suggesting the coliseum doesn't need a major face lift...but heck I thought it was Okay since Eddie Pastilong for the last 20 years thought it was in good shape!..

Just funny how this guy gets a pass...if Holgorsen lost 12 kids and 50% of them starters in two years the masses would burn his house down.....:frusty:

WvuDieHard

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,954.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No question he was defensive in the presser and a little too much for my liking. But you still can't hide the fact that these two (Henderson/Harris) were about their own personal noteriety and scoring points. I personally don't believe they were team players. They were scorers but you can't hide a scorer on the defensive end in this league because they are smart enough to exploit that--and they did. I am not giving Huggins a hall pass but he hauls around alot of garbage on the bench in the form of asst. coaches. Everhart is very good coach but the rest of those bums I wouldn't let mow my grass. Nothing but coat tail pullers who bring nothing to the table. These are the people that need to be on the road evaluating talent and attitude. So what have they accomplished? Very little in my opinion especially in the evaluation dept. My support for Huggins ( as a fan) will hinge on what he can do this year. If he can't produce a winner, then he needs to go because ultimately at the end of the day he has to be held accountable. Accountable for wins/losses, recruiting, staff, etc. Lets all remember something here, he hires the assts. so he has noone to blame but himself for the recruiting.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No question he was defensive in the presser and a little too much for my liking. But you still can't hide the fact that these two (Henderson/Harris) were about their own personal noteriety and scoring points. I personally don't believe they were team players. They were scorers but you can't hide a scorer on the defensive end in this league because they are smart enough to exploit that--and they did. I am not giving Huggins a hall pass but he hauls around alot of garbage on the bench in the form of asst. coaches. Everhart is very good coach but the rest of those bums I wouldn't let mow my grass. Nothing but coat tail pullers who bring nothing to the table. These are the people that need to be on the road evaluating talent and attitude. So what have they accomplished? Very little in my opinion especially in the evaluation dept. My support for Huggins ( as a fan) will hinge on what he can do this year. If he can't produce a winner, then he needs to go because ultimately at the end of the day he has to be held accountable. Accountable for wins/losses, recruiting, staff, etc. Lets all remember something here, he hires the assts. so he has noone to blame but himself for the recruiting.

For me it is not necassarily wins and losses he should be measuring by...in my opinion its establishing the right culture for kids to foster an enviroment that they want to play in or stay at the school for more than two years...I think you can be demanding and expect excellence, but in return you got to show you care all the way down to the last guy on the bench...I get the feeling that there is the disconnect...IMHO about Harris and Henderson he knew what he was going to get when he recruited them...I have no idea what he tells them in the recruiting process but my guess its not its the Huggins way or the highway...

WvuDieHard

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,954.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me it is not necassarily wins and losses he should be measuring by...in my opinion its establishing the right culture for kids to foster an enviroment that they want to play in or stay at the school for more than two years...I think you can be demanding and expect excellence, but in return you got to show you care all the way down to the last guy on the bench...I get the feeling that there is the disconnect...IMHO about Harris and Henderson he knew what he was going to get when he recruited them...I have no idea what he tells them in the recruiting process but my guess its not its the Huggins way or the highway...

I would agree that you want to build a culture and hence recruiting personality and smarts are a big part of that. Again, it was Martin and Hahn who were on the road looking at kids and these guys were the ones that recommended most of these 23 kids recruited. Calhoun had some input as well. Yet at the end of the day, it is Huggins problem. Henderson was lazy--I knew that from sources last year and he didn't want to work in practice. He could be a superstar if he wanted too but the attitude was never there. He actually could play defense but he would loaf and never give the effort on every trip down the floor. Harris' transfer was a pure dislike of Huggins. Word has it they got into it pretty good in practice and Harris never got over it. He knew he was transferring before the season was out. From all appearances, Harris dad didn't help the situation either. I know this much, I want players that are going to give 110% on every trip down the floor. I know from playing and coaching until I was 45 years old that it only takes 1 player to fuck up the entire team chemistry. 1 loafer, 1 attitude, 1 its about me--that's all it takes. So if this puts 5 hustling ball players on the floor, I am ok. One thing we can say after next year with all the transfers, If Huggins can't win and get to a NCAA tourney--then he needs to look in the mirror for the next excuse.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably has to do with one coach creating his train wreck...

.... while the other coach took over a train wreck.

Yeah BB, thats why the football team won 9 games a year ten years in a row, one of only two team to do that prior to this coach taking over, train wreck my ass.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah BB, thats why the football team won 9 games a year ten years in a row, one of only two team to do that prior to this coach taking over, train wreck my ass.

Well.... I don't know much about your ass...

...but, I know Dana took over a team that hadn't won the watered down BE since Rich left, and the new coach did so in his first year. He did so with a squad depleted of depth as a result of the coach he replaced leaving him a mess.

That much I know...

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yesterday, it was announced that Jaysean Paige signed his LOI to become a Mountaineer this summer. He is a JUCO transfer who averaged around 22 pts/gm shooting over 50% from the field and over 44% from beyond the arc.

Last night, it was mentioned that Xavier graduate... Justin Martin is seriously considering a graduate transfer to WVU. He is known as a solid SF, and can shoot the 3.

If Martin transfers to WVU as many suspect, WVU will be in excellent shape this fall.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huggy redeems himself and WVU nation sleeps well at night...lol

Hearing the fan base up in arms is maybe what the staff needed...:noidea:

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Recruiting is only a peice of it...it's not chasing them out of the program

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well.... I don't know much about your ass...

...but, I know Dana took over a team that hadn't won the watered down BE since Rich left, and the new coach did so in his first year. He did so with a squad depleted of depth as a result of the coach he replaced leaving him a mess.

That much I know...

WTF, Holgorsens team TIED for the BE crown, just as Frauds had in 2006 and 2007, and Stewarts team did in 2010. get a clue.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF, Holgorsens team TIED for the BE crown, just as Frauds had in 2006 and 2007, and Stewarts team did in 2010. get a clue.

Oh... sorry... I didn't realize Stewart's team won the tie-breaker in 2010 to earn the BCS bid.

My bad...:lol: