• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

And Sammy Boy wants traded

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Screamin Eagle

Stand for the Flag, Kneel for the Cross
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he is so unhappy then he can give back the $11M but something tells me he likes money and he likes doing as little as possible for it. So far he's made over $80M and he's worked basically 2+ seasons. I think Condon has a lot to do with this.
The cap hit for trading him is not good but it makes him very reasonable to anyone trading for him and thus having higher trade value.
The concern I have is whether or not Howie considered this possibly happening.....?

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously put this bum on NJ Transit with a one way ticket to the Meadowlands. He can be the Jets' new Geno Smith.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This could have been a good thing for weenie boy. Could gotten really pissed and shown everyone they were wrong. He could have taken this like a man, acted like the 6 year vet he is and played the game. Samantha doent know if the incoming QB is going to hit or bust. If anyone should know that it's him. He needs to get pissed. That's exactly what the guy needs but I don't think he's ever going to be anything but a scared little weenie.

Weenie boy is what we called him on the Rams board many for weeks.

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is his agent. I doubt Sam took this route.

sooner4life130

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
lol really guys? This is all agent tactics to get what they want. Also, Sam isn't the future of the Eagles even if he puts up Brady numbers next year so why would anyone be upset at him for wanting to be a starter elsewhere? Hilarious to think that someone would believe that he's afraid of competition. He literally is in a no win situation. I understand Sam is pretty much an overpaid average qb at this point that can be successful in a perfect fit but good Lord, some of you sound like you're 15.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol really guys? This is all agent tactics to get what they want. Also, Sam isn't the future of the Eagles even if he puts up Brady numbers next year so why would anyone be upset at him for wanting to be a starter elsewhere? Hilarious to think that someone would believe that he's afraid of competition. He literally is in a no win situation. I understand Sam is pretty much an overpaid average qb at this point that can be successful in a perfect fit but good Lord, some of you sound like you're 15.
They're hilarious, aren't they?

sooner4life130

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
They're hilarious, aren't they?

The notion is that's for sure. It reminds me of a teen movie where a high school basketball player transfers to a rival highschool because his parents made him yet his teammates hate him for it.

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Starting to wonder if some of you guys are going to turn into DPD and follow Sam Bradford to his next team.

sooner4life130

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Starting to wonder if some of you guys are going to turn into DPD and follow Sam Bradford to his next team.

The Eagles in my humble opinion should have never re-signed Sam. Finding the future is key to EVERY franchise and Sam isnt the answer. Sam wanting out of Philly makes the most sense for him and honestly, for Philly as well. That's one less headache for the franchise. It sucks that Philly, if Sam is traded, will have to eat a good chunk of money so I highly doubt he leaves anyway.

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Eagles in my humble opinion should have never re-signed Sam. Finding the future is key to EVERY franchise and Sam isnt the answer. Sam wanting out of Philly makes the most sense for him and honestly, for Philly as well. That's one less headache for the franchise. It sucks that Philly, if Sam is traded, will have to eat a good chunk of money so I highly doubt he leaves anyway.

I agree, I wanted to move on from Sam Bradford and hunt for our future QB in the draft while signing Chase Daniels in FA. That was my plan from the beginning and I've stated that. I also agree with you that Sam shouldn't be in Philly anymore, he should be traded. Though I think as a competitor and someone who's been paid very well shouldn't allow this to get to the media like this -- everyone keeps saying it's his agent, yes but Sam is allowing the guy he hired to put this out there, to force a trade. That hurts his trade value, and it puts the Eagles in a less advantageous situation. He has the right to be on a new team, but he has no right to feel upset after he signed a 2 year contract and further filled up his bank account with more money less deserved than any QB in NFL history. At this point he hasn't proved anything to anyone, and he's really upset? "C'mon mannnnn"

Iron Eagle

Nostril flare expert.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sam allowed Howie to sell him the dream that he could be the unquestioned future of this team on a 2 year deal.

Clearly, either he or his agent are unaware of the legacy involving the backup qb in Philadelphia.

sooner4life130

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I agree, I wanted to move on from Sam Bradford and hunt for our future QB in the draft while signing Chase Daniels in FA. That was my plan from the beginning and I've stated that. I also agree with you that Sam shouldn't be in Philly anymore, he should be traded. Though I think as a competitor and someone who's been paid very well shouldn't allow this to get to the media like this -- everyone keeps saying it's his agent, yes but Sam is allowing the guy he hired to put this out there, to force a trade. That hurts his trade value, and it puts the Eagles in a less advantageous situation. He has the right to be on a new team, but he has no right to feel upset after he signed the dotted line and filled up his bank account with more money less deserved than any QB in NFL history. At this point he hasn't proved anything to anyone, and he's really upset? "C'mon mannnnn"

Completely agree. I try not to make too much on media reports though. He's been overpaid for many years now and just needs to earn his stripes again elsewhere. As a Sooner fan though, I will always be a fan :)

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Completely agree. I try not to make too much on media reports though. He's been overpaid for many years now and just needs to earn his stripes again elsewhere. As a Sooner fan though, I will always be a fan :)

I get it. I was a big Sam Bradford fan in that draft. I thought he would go on to big things in the NFL, but sometimes you gotta call a spade a spade. He's average at best, below average historically, and has only played 2 full NFL seasons.

Doc Green

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is $9.5M in a cap it worth #31 (Denver) or a high 2nd...*IF* we can trade him for that. Considering we have Cox on contract (or tagged) for 3 more seasons, I'd say "yes". It surprises me that more teams that are in good cap-shape (and can afford a one-time cap hit) don't do a sign-and-trade more often.

sooner4life130

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I get it. I was a big Sam Bradford fan in that draft. I thought he would go on to big things in the NFL, but sometimes you gotta call a spade a spade. He's average at best, below average historically, and has only played 2 full NFL seasons.

It's a shame too. I've always wondered how his future would have been if he had developed from his rookie year instead of being hurt from a strong gust of wind year in and year out. The Rams were really starting to get better too.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Off topic here, but we need to have an avy bet next season when my Buckeyes visit OU?

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is $9.5M in a cap it worth #31 (Denver) or a high 2nd...*IF* we can trade him for that. Considering we have Cox on contract (or tagged) for 3 more seasons, I'd say "yes". It surprises me that more teams that are in good cap-shape (and can afford a one-time cap hit) don't do a sign-and-trade more often.

In a heartbeat