• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

And Sammy Boy wants traded

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ray Didinger? Are you kidding?

He knows a lot about the league in the past. I guess there's that. He talks to some people around the league, but he still forms his own opinions and that's all they are.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that anyone asked my opinion on this, but . . . Sam has a right to feel hurt about his lame duck status. But that's not the issue: the issue is how he reacted to the drafting of Wentz and his relegation to placeholder for, at most, this year. While it's okay to personally feel angst about that, you don't publicly express that sentiment and, in particular, don't whine about how there's not a real competition, that you want to be traded, and how the fans and your teammates will look at you sideways if you make a mistake. This is hardly becoming of a leader and completely tarnishes his brand to other suitors, to the extent he had one in first place. He can, of course, make up for all of this with lights out play. In the meantime, he should make a public appearance apologizing for his childish rant and face the music by taking on questions posed by reporters.

I agree. My problem with Sam Bradford is how he handled this. I have gone on record repeatedly as saying I would be ok with Bradford signing a long term deal. My understanding is he was offered several long term contracts but turned them down. If that is the case what did he expect the Eagles to do? Wait for him to make up his mind? Bradford wanted to Eagles to sit around and wait for him and they were not willing to do that and I do not blame them.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, he does. Any player owes the fans respect and professionalism whether that's in the offseason or not. And yes, it was another day in the office for Bradford -- where he again did nothing. And what talking has his arm done since 2010?

$78M (from his rookie contract) / 78 TD passes = $1M per TD pass. That's a lot of talking there now, isn't it?

So you think he owes something to a town of people that he won't be with in a year? Absurd. His teammates couldn't care less. Bitches have been complaining and that's what bitches do. Try not to give their opinions so much weight, it's just common everyday bitching by bitches.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you think he owes something to a town of people that he won't be with in a year? Absurd. His teammates couldn't care less. Bitches have been complaining and that's what bitches do. Try not to give their opinions so much weight, it's just common everyday bitching by bitches.

Sam Bradford does not owe the Eagles shit and Eagles do not owe him shit either.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless you have been hiding in a mountain in Afghanistan you would has seen it as well. It has been all over the place. You are choosing to ignore it because it does not support your argument.

It really hasn't. People talking about Bradford, yes that has been all over the place. But that's something different all together.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It really hasn't. People talking about Bradford, yes that has been all over the place. But that's something different all together.

All over the place my ass. We are talking about direct quotes from his agent.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that anyone asked my opinion on this, but . . . Sam has a right to feel hurt about his lame duck status. But that's not the issue: the issue is how he reacted to the drafting of Wentz and his relegation to placeholder for, at most, this year. While it's okay to personally feel angst about that, you don't publicly express that sentiment and, in particular, don't whine about how there's not a real competition, that you want to be traded, and how the fans and your teammates will look at you sideways if you make a mistake. This is hardly becoming of a leader and completely tarnishes his brand to other suitors, to the extent he had one in first place. He can, of course, make up for all of this with lights out play. In the meantime, he should make a public appearance apologizing for his childish rant and face the music by taking on questions posed by reporters.

Can you produce here this Bradford rant you speak of? Did I miss a facebook post? Did he paint it on one of the bridges?

It's hilarious how people will listen to his agent try to convey a particular point, hear what they want, and then get all uppity towards Bradford.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sam Bradford does not owe the Eagles shit and Eagles do not owe him shit either.

The bolded has some people complaining, whining and bitching. The rest of it is of course true.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's hilarious how people will listen to his agent try to convey a particular point, hear what they want, and then get all uppity towards Bradford.

Do you believe Condon demanded a trade without Bradford's permission?

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He called them a 5-6 win team the other day. Their assessments are not well reasoned. You give them too much credit for merely saying words on the topic.

I must've missed that, but your summary dismissal of these commentators is nothing short of your dislike as opposed to disagreement with them.

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. My problem with Sam Bradford is how he handled this. I have gone on record repeatedly as saying I would be ok with Bradford signing a long term deal. My understanding is he was offered several long term contracts but turned them down. If that is the case what did he expect the Eagles to do? Wait for him to make up his mind? Bradford wanted to Eagles to sit around and wait for him and they were not willing to do that and I do not blame them.

I heard he was offered a four-year, $72M deal at or around the time he got traded to the Eagles. I bet you he's kicking himself for turning that down now. On the flips side, Chip screwed the pooch on this. Aside from the insanity of trading a second rounder for Sam, he should've at least got a long-term deal in place to sign Bradford when he got traded from the Rams. If they did that, his cap figure would be a lot lower than $13M in 2015. The extra space would've allowed you to keep Maclin, dispense with drafting Algholor and instead taking a guard to replace Mathis. You could've, in turn, cut Peters and used your number one pick this year to select a RT, switch Lane to LT and have the makings of a pretty young, solid o-line with a playmaker at WR. Oh well.

Last edited:

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes, he does. It's called professionalism. Even if you don't believe in one iota of what you need to say to remain professional, bite your tongue, fake it, and don't burn bridges. Setting aside what his teammates may think, how do you think other teams view him that he'll turn to once his gig is up after this year? Those other teams are potential suitors that have now seen Sammy tuck, tail and run a the slightest whiff off competition. And if I were his teammate and saw this, I'd lose a lot of respect for him. What kind of leader quakes like this when faced with his replacement? He should embrace it and dare to prove everyone wrong. Sam didn't do that. And for that reason is a coward whose brand is tarnished absent a sterling showing he can make until Daniel or Wentz takes over for him.

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you produce here this Bradford rant you speak of? Did I miss a facebook post? Did he paint it on one of the bridges?

Did you read Condon's statements on his behalf? Or were you living in a mountain in Afghanistan? And before you start saying that that was Condon's -- and not Sam's -- statement, Condon is Sam's representative and presumably speaks for him absent some disavowal of what he said. Instead of distancing himself from Condon, Sam never apologized for those comments, much less making any public statements of his own repudiating what his agent said. Each day that goes by without such a retraction by Sam only fortifies the fact that Condon was simply acting as the voice for what Sam feels. And that's cowardly and unprofessional.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you read Condon's statements on his behalf? Or were you living in a mountain in Afghanistan? And before you start saying that that was Condon's -- and not Sam's -- statement, Condon is Sam's representative and presumably speaks for him absent some disavowal of what he said. Instead of distancing himself from Condon, Sam never apologized for those comments, much less making any public statements of his own repudiating what his agent said. Each day that goes by without such a retraction by Sam only fortifies the fact that Condon was simply acting as the voice for what Sam feels. And that's cowardly and unprofessional.

I will take this one step further. There is a vid in this thread where Pederson states publicly that he told both Bradford and Daniel that a chance will come where they will be able to draft a QB and they will do so.

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will take this one step further. There is a vid in this thread where Pederson states publicly that he told both Bradford and Daniel that a chance will come where they will be able to draft a QB and they will do so.

Yes, I heard of that. Not to defend Sam, maybe he thought the team would be drafting a QB in a later round. That's a non-issue, however. No team is obligated to advise you of personnel moves, and every team is seeking to make itself better every day. In some cases, that may mean they're hiring your heir apparent. While that must be terribly unsettling, you've got to maintain your composure and professionalism. More importantly, you should be willing to show some gumption and welcome the challenge to prove yourself and show the team why they were wrong for disbelieving you in the first place.

The question I'd like Sam to answer is if he'd be willing to mentor Wentz this year. Wonder what his answer will be to that?

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chase Daniels will be the mentor for Wentz. Bradford is here to give us a competitive year, and he will likely fail in the bigger games and be traded in the off-season.

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bradford is a pro and will light up this WCO. Dude can play.

skinzfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somehow I don't think Tom Brady would shit the bed if the Patriots moved up to take a QB in the draft. He knows he's starting as long as he's able to play, Bradford knows he doesn't have the creds to feel that way. I'd try to get Wentz in by game 6.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard he was offered a four-year, $72M deal at or around the time he got traded to the Eagles. I bet you he's kicking himself for turning that down now. On the flips side, Chip screwed the pooch on this. Aside from the insanity of trading a second rounder for Sam, he should've at least got a long-term deal in place to sign Bradford when he got traded from the Rams. If they did that, his cap figure would be a lot lower than $13M in 2015. The extra space would've allowed you to keep Maclin, dispense with drafting Algholor and instead taking a guard to replace Mathis. You could've, in turn, cut Peters and used your number one pick this year to select a RT, switch Lane to LT and have the makings of a pretty young, solid o-line with a playmaker at WR. Oh well.
Cut Peters?!!! He's going to fuck the redskins up.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bradford has some skills... but has no heart, doesn't have the body to take the abuse, shows very little leadership and does not motivate those around them to be better as a unit. For these reasons, Bradford will never really succeed, no matter what skillset he has. Just what I see.