• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

An annual Gut Wrenching

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It always seems as if Bill Belichick wants to cause Patriots fans an annual Gut Wrenching. He doesn't believe in Free Agent Frenzy on day one of NFL Free Agency. He tends to wait until the SportsHoopla is over and signs the scrap who always seem to become integral parts of the team.

How can we disagree with a man who hasn't had a losing season since his first in New England in 1999. The guy has a sense of who has value and what that value is. We know that he would rather let a guy go one year early rather than one year too late.

None the less, watching what has transpired over the last 24 hours is excruciating. Losing four member of a championship team, three who were critical to the teams overall success is extremely difficult to watch. Not seeing any new faces to backfill the loss is equally difficult.

Bill, please do something, no matter how trivial. Give the fans a glimmer of hope that we're not going to wake up in August with a remake of the 2012 Patriot defense.........

Thanx

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand your pain. Broncos look like they are losing 4 starters to FA this year. Couple of them I really wanted the team to push to keep. At the same time it does seem like the teams that sit back and wait for the 2nd wave of FA's seem to find the most success. They don't overpay and can still fill out the roster with at worst quality depth and possibly find those 1 or 2 guys on prove it deals that really thrive.

It is hard to wait though.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michael Felger of CSN and WBZ 98.5 FM 'The Sports Hub' was discussing the Patriots and how people over react every year at the start of free agency. Again this year, people are bitching that Bill Belichick hasn't sign one marquee player and has lost four. Felger calmly asked, when was the last time that anyone can recall BB grabbing a player on the first, second, third or fifth day of free agency?......How about never........

He will wait until late next week when the fenzy has died down teams are trying to figure out where they stand with the cap and what they've done or haven't done to their teams. Then he'll start bringing in players, have them take a physical and then sign a group of partially known guys who fit the Patriot mold. Within a week he'll have filled all of the "holes" and people will still bitch because they don't know the guys who are on the team.
By the end of November, those unknowns will be everyday Patriots favorites as if they had been with team for 5 years. He made a lot of sense and was telling it how it is with Bill Belichick and the New England Patriots.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michael Felger of CSN and WBZ 98.5 FM 'The Sports Hub' was discussing the Patriots and how people over react every year at the start of free agency. Again this year, people are bitching that Bill Belichick hasn't sign one marquee player and has lost four. Felger calmly asked, when was the last time that anyone can recall BB grabbing a player on the first, second, third or fifth day of free agency?......How about never........

He will wait until late next week when the fenzy has died down teams are trying to figure out where they stand with the cap and what they've done or haven't done to their teams. Then he'll start bringing in players, have them take a physical and then sign a group of partially known guys who fit the Patriot mold. Within a week he'll have filled all of the "holes" and people will still bitch because they don't know the guys who are on the team.
By the end of November, those unknowns will be everyday Patriots favorites as if they had been with team for 5 years. He made a lot of sense and was telling it how it is with Bill Belichick and the New England Patriots.
Most of the fun of being a Patriot fan is when the game start!
This time of year is tough. Such is the cost of adapting to the cap era and still winning championships every year.....

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I fully agree. It is painful to see key pieces like Wilfork, Revis, Browner and Vereen leave without much fuss. Well, Browner not so much, maybe we'll have half the penalties next year :heh:
Can't complain though, it was a great year for the Pats and they are known to rebuild effectively on the fly.
Looking forward to see how the final roster will look for 2015, after FA, draft, etc.

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
... as opposed to?

Throwing stupid money around early like the Fish and Jets? Couple of winner franchises right there...

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, especially when there is no money to throw around, not that the Pats ever do that. Still, every year so many new faces - they have built solid teams focusing on the basics, running it like a well-oiled machine, no reason to believe they can't do it again.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been calm during this one. I knew when they signed Revis, he was not coming back this yr, IDC how much $$ you tossed his way. I knew 75 would be gone too, and Vereen for the most part. Browner was the one that took me for a shock, but I see why with Revi$ gone, it makes no sense. The thing is...BB always had some type of back up. Revis fell in are laps last yr, so that was good. There was always talk that he would be cut. We missed out on some good CB this yr, there is no talk of a good vet CB being cut....so what is his plan this yr? Need CB help, need DT help, need OL help.....i'll wait till I see what team shows up in camp.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
waiting around in this atmosphere takes patience.
Listening to some of the fans of the other teams - perennial losers
It's like listening to a bunch of teenage girls coming back from the mall - look what I got. What ya doin Friday?
Nothing, I'm broke.....
People are running for the "blue light special" at Kmart. in a couple of months they'll be selling their shit at the fleamarket.....

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
... as opposed to?

Throwing stupid money around early like the Fish and Jets? Couple of winner franchises right there...

...and Iggles. I think they will regret giving so much guaranteed money to Murray. Yes, he had a great year last year but he has frequently been injured. And his success last year was in large part due to a very good o-line and a quarterback that has a clue. He has neither in Philly.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

To the bold, no truer words have ever been spoken.

Funny you should mention Felger and overreacting in the same line because he and Massarotti have both been babbling like a couple of idiots for the last few days. If these two buffoons had 1/2 the clue they think they do they would have known that Revis was a one year mercenary. #24 was gone the second he earned his SB ring.

Wilfork is getting old and the Pats interior run D (his forte) was among the worst in football last season, no way in hell he was getting 8 mil to come back and I don't blame BB at all.

Vereen was a solid player for New England for sure, but his year long production doesn't merit the money he sought and got. I don't recall BB having any difficulty finding a shifty, pass catching, chance of pace scat back type to fill the 3rd down role yet so I am not worried about his departure.

Browner was good, but not great and without Revis I would have worried about him racking up even more penalties trying to match up against the opponents #1 receiver. Wouldn't have minded if he stayed, but.......

Listening to those two Bozos is painful, but I do it frequently in the truck because I get this macabre feeling I'll get to listen to that fat schlub Mazz have a stroke on the air.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry. Pretty hard for a Bills fan to feel sorry for a Pats fan. ;)

I think Wilfork returning is highly probable.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry. Pretty hard for a Bills fan to feel sorry for a Pats fan. ;)

I think Wilfork returning is highly probable.

I don't think anyone is having a pity party. We should all know how Belichick operates by now. It's part of the 'In Bill We Trust" mantra.

If Wilfork wants to continue to play I think he will be back. I don't see him going somewhere else.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You'd think he would already be somewhere else by now if he was really looking. Not like he isn't still a beast.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Racer.....................Masserotti said the other day he was playing Devil's advocate to keep the listening audience at 95.7 FM

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Racer.....................Masserotti said the other day he was playing Devil's advocate to keep the listening audience at 95.7 FM

Sounded to me like he was going to melt down yesterday Ken. I get the whole concept of tossing some red meat out their to get some ratings, but he and Felger just plain sounded like idiots.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounded to me like he was going to melt down yesterday Ken. I get the whole concept of tossing some red meat out their to get some ratings, but he and Felger just plain sounded like idiots.

the whole fucking industry is made up of knuckleheads that just throw shit against the wall to see what sticks. Is there a single journalist in any type of media that you actually trust? The whole lot of them are about as accurate as the weather guys.