• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

America's team? That's right. The Lakers.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you already think David Carr is the answer? I mean i suppose its possible-but we shall see- i mean the Raiders probably have the least talented roster in football and its not even really close. After Khalil Mack i mean its pretty bad

the Browns actually have a very good base to build off of. Joe Haden is among the best corners. Joe Thomas is probably the best olinemen in football- at ANY position on the oline- Alex Mack is a great center, maybe the best- Josh Gordon has shown how explosive he can be- Tayshaun Gipson is a great safety and Whitner is pretty good too....

If the Browns actually had a QB they would probably have made the playoffs-

And i totally agreewith you on Johhny- if they cut him tomorrow I would not be upset in the sligthest

i don't believe i'm defending the Raiders as a Chiefs fan, but i believe if Carr gets enough weapons he could suprise a WHOLE lotta people...

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
btw Raiders did lose a lotta games, but their O-line and defense looked solid in most of the games they played. a lot of those games could've gone either way...

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kevin Love has a very serious back issue and can barely jump. He needs to sit unfortunately.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If LBJ doesn't take over the game then the Cavs will lose to America's Team.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
honestly- Kyrie Irving is just so much fun to watch play basketball- I am so happy he is a Cav and his 5 year extension does not even kick in till next year. He is 22 and doing this type of stuff- I cant wait until he is like 25 and in his prime. just SO much fun to watch him play

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. The titles belong to the franchise. That's why the Raiders count the Super Bowl they won in L.A. right along with the one's they won in Oakland. Any franchise that has won titles in different cities, count them regardless of the city they currently reside in.

The only time that's different is if it's negotiated that a team leaves the title behind when they move. I believe that's the case with OKC where they agreed to leave everything Sonics related, including their championship behind (and I'm not 100% sure that they left the title to Seattle. Just thought I read that somewhere).

It's really sad, that this have to be explained over and over again. If you are a fan of sports, then you should already know what a "Franchise" is and what they own. Minny don't own those 5 titles, the Lakers franchise does.

The shit is not fucking rocket science.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's really sad, that this have to be explained over and over again. If you are a fan of sports, then you should already know what a "Franchise" is and what they own. Minny don't own those 5 titles, the Lakers franchise does.

The shit is not fucking rocket science.

I totally understand that and I guess I see both sides of it- As far as the franchise goes- the franchise definitely has won the titles- there is no doubt-

but its not like the people of LA celebrated the titles when the then Minnesota Lakers won those titles- I mean, you guys didnt have a parade in downtown LA for Minnesota- but i totally get that when you check the trophy case in Staples (or wherever it is) the franchise won those. Thats why my question was structured whether Los Angeles claims those titles- its obvious the franchise does.

Apparently after talking to some Lakers fans from Los Angeles they do claim those titles- something i didnt know- especially as a Browns fan- the Browns did keep the name and colors- it would just seem strange to me if the Ravens claimed to have won the championships the Browns did under Paul Brown and Otto Graham....

I definitely see the wisdom on both sides- especially as a fan of a team who got their team stolen (but eventuallyreplaced)

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if the Lakers win i fully expect DJ to show - if not there is no way he shows...

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I totally understand that and I guess I see both sides of it- As far as the franchise goes- the franchise definitely has won the titles- there is no doubt-

but its not like the people of LA celebrated the titles when the then Minnesota Lakers won those titles- I mean, you guys didnt have a parade in downtown LA for Minnesota- but i totally get that when you check the trophy case in Staples (or wherever it is) the franchise won those. Thats why my question was structured whether Los Angeles claims those titles- its obvious the franchise does.

Apparently after talking to some Lakers fans from Los Angeles they do claim those titles- something i didnt know- especially as a Browns fan- the Browns did keep the name and colors- it would just seem strange to me if the Ravens claimed to have won the championships the Browns did under Paul Brown and Otto Graham....

I definitely see the wisdom on both sides- especially as a fan of a team who got their team stolen (but eventuallyreplaced)

There's no two sides to it. The city don't win championships, the franchise do! There shouldn't even be an argument. Let me ask you this. What should a Lakers fan, living in Vegas claim? Should he not claim any of the titles, sinch he isn't from LA or Minny? See how idiotic that sounds now?

And the Browns/Ravens situation is totally different from the Lakers.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no two sides to it. The city don't win championships, the franchise do! There shouldn't even be an argument. Let me ask you this. What should a Lakers fan, living in Vegas claim? Should he not claim any of the titles, sinch he isn't from LA or Minny? See how idiotic that sounds now?

And the Browns/Ravens situation is totally different from the Lakers.

i dunno

I am just saying that as a Browns fan- if the Ravens tried to claim the titles from when Paul Brown and Otto Graham prowled the shores of Lake Erie I would laugh about it- it doesnt make sense to me-

now the franchise itself did have those wins- so i get that as well

that is why i said i can see both sides.

Say the Kansas City Chiefs owner moved the Chiefs to Cleveland to replace the Browns instead of the Browns getting an expansion team- The chiefs won the super bowl their 2nd year (clarification* the 2nd year of the Super Bowl era)- As a Clevelander I certainly would not feel pride in that championship- but i suppose that is my personal opinion which everyone is entitled to.

Does that make sense to you or not?
I understand how you say the situations are not analogous- no 2 situations are- and there is the difference of the name and colors-

Last edited by a moderator:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
everyone knows the Browns have not been to a super bowl- if the Chiefs moved in- i dont think anyone would all ofa sudden say- yah they did - they did it the 2nd year the super bowl existed....

its a very intriguing situation and i can see and respect arguments on both sides- and as a soon-to-be attorney- those type of gray arguments are interesting to analyze

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe is playing a GREAT game tonight...16 assists just might be a career high...wow

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dunno

I am just saying that as a Browns fan- if the Ravens tried to claim the titles from when Paul Brown and Otto Graham prowled the shores of Lake Erie I would laugh about it- it doesnt make sense to me-

now the franchise itself did have those wins- so i get that as well

that is why i said i can see both sides.

Say the Kansas City Chiefs owner moved the Chiefs to Cleveland to replace the Browns instead of the Browns getting an expansion team- The chiefs won the super bowl their 2nd year (clarification* the 2nd year of the Super Bowl era)- As a Clevelander I certainly would not feel pride in that championship- but i suppose that is my personal opinion which everyone is entitled to.

Does that make sense to you or not?
I understand how you say the situations are not analogous- no 2 situations are- and there is the difference of the name and colors-

Once again, there is no both sides. Those are two different situations.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kevin Love has some seriousback problems and i give him credit for gutting this out- that charge he took was a big time play in his condition.....

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again, there is no both sides. Those are two different situations.

I totally respect that you have the right to your opinion....as a budding attorney what i have learned is that its a rare situation that is white or black.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers fans is that a career high for Kobe in assists? if not it has to be close

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do have to say its a lovely sight to see LBJ icing the game when he goes 1 on 1 vs. Kobe and just takes him to the rack!