• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

America's Team Hate and Smacktalk thread

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're the ones saying 'if only Romo was here'..if only. We started a first time starter at QB, (a QB you guys mock and laugh at all the time over here) our best wide out missed the same amount of time as Dez, we were already super thin at CB even before Culliver was lost for the season. As for pass rushers, I can't remember last time we had an effective pass rush.

Bottom line... you play the team thats dealt to ya. We did and we took the east. Manning could hardly lift his arm and they won a SB. Again, you play the team that's dealt to ya and you don't whine about it.

If only if only.
If only...the Redskins had won enough Super Bowls that their fans didn't have to come to Big Brother's board to feel important...

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
girl-crying-1.jpg Why won't anyone understand... we didn't have our QB...it's not fair.

WOW!

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 115679 Why won't anyone understand... we didn't have our QB...it's not fair.

WOW!

There is nothing to understand. The only point being made here is that the Skins, through no fault of their own, are a worse team this year simply because the competition won't be as weak as it was last year.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the five most important positions in football(QB, LT, WR, pass rusher, and CB), the Cowboys were suffering at every one of them except LT. Scandrick was elite at his position and was lost before the season even started. Hardy missed the first four games and was pretty much ineffective all year due to all the controversy. Dez was hurt for 8 games and was ineffective even when he came back. Randy Gregory was also hurt and that ruined his rookie season. Yes, everybody deals with injuries, but the Cowboys were missing key players at the most key positions for the majority of the season. In other words, the Cowboys weren't suffering just because they lost Romo. Other things were at play.
Glad to see you came around on the topic...:suds:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're the ones saying 'if only Romo was here'..if only. We started a first time starter at QB, (a QB you guys mock and laugh at all the time over here) our best wide out missed the same amount of time as Dez, we were already super thin at CB even before Culliver was lost for the season. As for pass rushers, I can't remember last time we had an effective pass rush.

Bottom line... you play the team thats dealt to ya. We did and we took the east. Manning could hardly lift his arm and they won a SB. Again, you play the team that's dealt to ya and you don't whine about it.

If only if only.
Let me see if I follow along.
Cowboy fan says Cowboys sucked because we were without a lot of our most important pieces (even if you want to call that an "excuse") and thus should get better this year
You are saying that you really don't have any good players so you peaked???

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If only if only.

Yeah yeah. I know all about what Washington did. Congrats on the divisional title. That doesn't change what I just said and what you just said. My point was that we weren't just missing Romo. We were missing other key players and I hope you aren't seriously trying to suggest that losing DJax was the same as the Cowboys losing Dez or that losing Culliver was the same as losing Scandrick. Washington had 38 at sacks last year which is around league average. The Cowboys were below league average at rushing the passer and the absolute worst at takeaways last year.

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah yeah. I know all about what Washington did. Congrats on the divisional title. That doesn't change what I just said and what you just said. My point was that we weren't just missing Romo. We were missing other key players and I hope you aren't seriously trying to suggest that losing DJax was the same as the Cowboys losing Dez or that losing Culliver was the same as losing Scandrick. Washington had 38 at sacks last year which is around league average. The Cowboys were below league average at rushing the passer and the absolute worst at takeaways last year.
Yea, I am saying that losing Djax is the same. He is our number wideout same as Dez is for you all. He may not be in the same class as dez but he poses his own unique threats. Our number one and your number one. When a team loses their number one threat their offense suffers nonetheless. Side note: Weeden and Cass destroy the number of starts and experience Cousins had. Advantage Cowboys. To say that the Skins had a good year because the rest were down is idiotic. Every team, including the skins had their issues. If your that thin that losing a few key players gives your team a 2 and 12 mark you have bigger problems than those guys going down, is all im saying. If only... is loser talk.

If only Cousins threw 4 more TD's in the playoff game... we might have won. Not trying to go back and forth here just trying to suggest that the Skins had a little reason for winning the East, and not that they were just the only team playing.

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me see if I follow along.
Cowboy fan says Cowboys sucked because we were without a lot of our most important pieces (even if you want to call that an "excuse") and thus should get better this year
You are saying that you really don't have any good players so you peaked???

Not sure what you're talking about to be honest. btw,, we haven't peaked yet... but getting better.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, I am saying that losing Djax is the same. He is our number wideout same as Dez is for you all. He may not be in the same class as dez but he poses his own unique threats. Our number one and your number one. When a team loses their number one threat their offense suffers nonetheless. Side note: Weeden and Cass destroy the number of starts and experience Cousins had. Advantage Cowboys. To say that the Skins had a good year because the rest were down is idiotic. Every team, including the skins had their issues. If your that thin that losing a few key players gives your team a 2 and 12 mark you have bigger problems than those guys going down, is all im saying. If only... is loser talk.

If only Cousins threw 4 more TD's in the playoff game... we might have won. Not trying to go back and forth here just trying to suggest that the Skins had a little reason for winning the East, and not that they were just the only team playing.
you can't possibly believe that the two are "the same". That's like saying losing Aaron Rodgers and Cutler is the same because they are both starting QBs...

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you can't possibly believe that the two are "the same". That's like saying losing Aaron Rodgers and Cutler is the same because they are both starting QBs...
After all these years I came to the conclusion that Teptec is delusional.

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you're telling me Cutler isn't important to his team simply because he's not as good. Again, you missed the point.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you're telling me Cutler isn't important to his team simply because he's not as good. Again, you missed the point.
I think he's saying Cutler is not nearly as important to the Bears as Rodgers is to the Packers. By the way anyone with a little of football sense would see that it's true.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. I am telling you it isn't the same. Every player that contributes is important.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I stopped reading when you compared losing Dez to losing Djax. They barely play the same sport.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he's saying Cutler is not nearly as important to the Bears as Rodgers is to the Packers. By the way anyone with a little of football sense would see that it's true.

Exactly. Cutler is way easier to replace than rogers. Just like DJax is way easier to replace than Dez. There are a few dozen guys in the NFL that could replace DJax. There are a handful that could replace Dez.

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. Cutler is way easier to replace than rogers. Just like DJax is way easier to replace than Dez. There are a few dozen guys in the NFL that could replace DJax. There are a handful that could replace Dez.
I understand what you guys are saying, and I agree that Dez is a far superior athlete than Jackson and would be harder to replace based on skill alone. Still, Jackson has skills that Dez doesn't. Elusiveness and speed. My point was that having Jackson out is the equivalent to having Dez out based on their respected teams needs and game planning. A number 1 WR is a number 1 WR based on position alone.

When you lose Jackson you lose the deep threat and that changes the opposing teams game planning. It's a worry they don't have. I'm guessing you all would agree with that. With Jackson out it helps teams stop our run game.

So yes, losing Dez would be harder to replace based on skills, (receivers like him don't come around that often) but when teams lose their main threat when comparable in scheming (Jackson aint no scrub) it's the same.

Listen, we could argue the importance of each player all day. My argument was to say that the Skins caught breaks all year and that's the ONLY reason they scraped by with Division is a poor mans argument.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand what you guys are saying, and I agree that Dez is a far superior athlete than Jackson and would be harder to replace based on skill alone. Still, Jackson has skills that Dez doesn't. Elusiveness and speed. My point was that having Jackson out is the equivalent to having Dez out based on their respected teams needs and game planning. A number 1 WR is a number 1 WR based on position alone.

When you lose Jackson you lose the deep threat and that changes the opposing teams game planning. It's a worry they don't have. I'm guessing you all would agree with that. With Jackson out it helps teams stop our run game.

So yes, losing Dez would be harder to replace based on skills, (receivers like him don't come around that often) but when teams lose their main threat when comparable in scheming (Jackson aint no scrub) it's the same.

Listen, we could argue the importance of each player all day. My argument was to say that the Skins caught breaks all year and that's the ONLY reason they scraped by with Division is a poor mans argument.

You should ask this on the NFL board, you can word it to lean posters to see it your way and get their answers.

I'll tell you now you will not like the answers you'll get.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, we did have big problems(still have some of those problems). The Cowboys had Greg Hardy's controversy surrounding the team. A first place schedule. Always having a target on their back because of who they are. No pass rush. Couldn't force any turnovers. Couldn't stop the run when we needed to. Jerry Jones. The Cowboys always have a bunch of bullshit surrounding them off the field and on the field. Add long-term injuries to key players to the mix and it's easy to see why they went 2-12 without Romo.

On the other hand, it's also easy to see why Washington won the division. Kirk Cousins was competent and the defense made plays, but they were also in a very weak division where every team in it around them fell apart on the field and off the field. One team fell apart due to injuries and off the field issues, and two other teams went on to change head coaches in the offseason. Pretty obvious the division was a complete shit-storm last year that set up perfectly for the Redskins. The Redskins could win the division again this year for all we know, but last year was what it was, a red carpet for the Redskins.