• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Amaro is ready to sign more garbage.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumors abound that Amaro is trying to sign one more starter,a back of the rotation type,similar to a 5th starter. Most likely a guy with an era in the high fours. So that means he is saving the remaining 30 million or so to sign a free agent or two for the outfield,and possibly a reliever. The Phillies have enough money left to get a front line starter,or at least a number three type,but this idiot is loading up for mediocracy! So much for the winter meetings opportunities!

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was reported that the Phillies had 27.5 million left to spend after signing Byrd and Chooch. I do not remember where I saw it. But That is based on the new luxury tax limit set at 189 million. That means that they could sign a decent starting pitcher if they wanted to.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bring back Moyer!

:yahoo:

Well, their recent history does say they like signing old pitchers on the downside of their career......

However, this is madness.

It COULD happen in a why though, as I think his eldest son is just about MLB ready, so.....?

Caligula

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It was reported that the Phillies had 27.5 million left to spend after signing Byrd and Chooch. I do not remember where I saw it. But That is based on the new luxury tax limit set at 189 million. That means that they could sign a decent starting pitcher if they wanted to.

That is assuming the go up to the luxury tax. The were no where near the luxury tax last season.