• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Amaro is a massive tard

Caligula

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
"Can we go into the season and hope that our health holds up? We could. Is that the right thing to do? It may not be. We have to get better. We have to get better in a lot of areas."

Then why did you resign Utley? Why do you want to resign Ruiz? Why do you want to resign Halladay!?

"Ruf is not a rightfielder," Amaro said. "I think he can fill in for us. I think he can fill in in certain areas, but I can't sit here and tell you that he's an everyday player for us. He's going to have to fight for a job in some way, shape, or form. Can he add some depth to our bench, to our club overall? Can he play a little left, can he play a little right, can he play a little first and give [Ryan] Howard a blow? He can become valuable in that regard.

"But I don't know he's an everyday player yet. It's hard to say that he's an everyday player in the outfield. I think we're doing ourselves a disservice, because we just need to be better in the outfield defensively."

But, you had no concern about D Young roaming around out there. Or Michael Young at third. You can't claim you are concerned about defense when you signed those two clowns LAST YEAR.

He again reiterated his desire to retain Roy Halladay. It is not a priority; the process could extend well into the winter. Halladay is difficult to evaluate because of his health. He made $20 million in 2013.

So, he keeps bringing it up, but it isn't a priority?

"As far as monetizing his contract, I have no idea where to go there yet," Amaro said. "I have to talk to our guys about it. It's going to be something that is south of where he is now, clearly, but the question is how far south do you go without embarrassing the player? We talked about the shared risk, and that is something that will have to happen. But we have some time. It's not a pressing issue."

Jesus, he's going to give him $10+ million...

Amaro says Phillies must be 'creative'

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a complete double-talking a-hole!! Where did they find this POS??!!

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amaro is clueless. He messed with Rufs head by cutting him early in spring training,just after he hit a game winning walkoff homerun. Then he hires Delmon Young,who is a horrible fielder,to play rightfield. Hence, Ruf struggles at the minor league level by trying to hit homeruns in every at bat, he probably thought that hitting homers might get him a ticket for a call-up. He did get a chance with the Phillies after Howard got hurt. True,his batting average is lower than hoped for,and he does strike out too much. however,he needs a full season under his belt to completely develop. keep in mind that Ruf has an OPS of 833 in his major league at bats,that is nothing to sneeze at. His OPS will go higher than that if he can get his average up to .275 or more. Amaro should focus on getting a bench type outfielder to replace Mayberry,and spend his money on pitching. Ruf should be a starter next season,in my opinion!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well PC86. It won't be that you'll have to work real hard at hating this brain-dead a-hole. Just watch at some of the boneheaded decisions he makes and then listen to just a snippet of his completely insane circuitous logic some of which is outlined by the post by NorthEast!! I swear you'll want to run this fool over with the nearest bus!

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"As far as monetizing his contract, I have no idea where to go there yet," Amaro said. "I have to talk to our guys about it. It's going to be something that is south of where he is now, clearly, but the question is how far south do you go without embarrassing the player? We talked about the shared risk, and that is something that will have to happen. But we have some time. It's not a pressing issue."

This one is my personal favorite. If Roy doesn't feel embarrassed about a 6.82 ERA I think he'll be ok with people knowing he only makes a few million a year. The 20 million he was paid last year for posting that gaudy ERA is more than the average person will make in their entire life.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You gotta be kidding Cedrique. This dude sounds like Nancy Pelosi with a penis! What a load of complete fantasy-based bullshit. It is no wonder that this club is in the shape that it is in with this complete fool running things!!!

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Usa today sports, said that Amaro has jerked Ruf around,and for some unexplained reason,has never liked him. They think that Amaro will trade him during the off season. They also said that Amaro is not the right guy to restructure the Phillies. (People are starting to notice.)

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much more of this dope do we have to endure? Remove his ass like last year already!!!

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Usa today sports, said that Amaro has jerked Ruf around,and for some unexplained reason,has never liked him. They think that Amaro will trade him during the off season. They also said that Amaro is not the right guy to restructure the Phillies. (People are starting to notice.)

Do you have a link to that? I'd like to read it. For some reason it seems like Amaro is out to prove that OBP isn't important, which is just stupid. Maybe he doesn't like Ruf because he gets on base too much. Not to oversimplify it but the top 4 teams in obp this year are Boston, St. Louis, Detroit and Tampa Bay. With a hitter friendly park like CBP the recipe should be pretty simple. Get guys with lots of walks and homeruns and you should have a competitive team. You don't need 5 Cy Young winners in the rotation.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cedrique, Type in (Several looming questions for the 2014 Philadelphia Phillies) use Google search engine, when you see sandbergs picture, click on the article.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cedrique, Type in (Several looming questions for the 2014 Philadelphia Phillies) use Google search engine, when you see sandbergs picture, click on the article.

I found it. Thanks. Also, I read it and although it may be true that Amaro doesn't like Ruf for some reason the article was actually written by some blogger and not USA Today. (the picture was taken from USA Today so they put that in there to give credit for it). The thing that tipped me off was the fact that the article spelled Ruf with an extra "f" at the end. But like I said, even though it is just speculation it still might be true. Personally I hope they keep him to see what he can do.

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, I guess maybe it is true he really just doesn't like Ruf.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This one is my personal favorite. If Roy doesn't feel embarrassed about a 6.82 ERA I think he'll be ok with people knowing he only makes a few million a year. The 20 million he was paid last year for posting that gaudy ERA is more than the average person will make in their entire life.

I have to edit my own post because I did the math and realized what a huge understatement it is. The avg. US income is 50k so it would take 400 years to make as much as Roy was paid last year. (and I think that is household income, not individual salaries).
The point is players with question marks have to take huge pay cuts all the time. Then if they prove they are effective again they make more money the next year. (Raul Ibanez, Adrian Beltre,etc) Somehow I can see Amaro throwing 14 million at Halladay so he doesn't "embarrass" him, then say he doesn't have enough money to fill some other holes so he has to get creative. I've seen him get creative before (making Ty Wigginton a major cog, not filling middle infield holes and letting Wilson Valdez bat 663 times in 2 years), and it's not pretty.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said. This guy is so other world that he would not know reality if it smacked in the face every morning!!