• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Also, have we talked about the NMSU/UV brawl?

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see court-rushing allowed next year. Either that or it will be heavily controlled. I know that they are implementing the event staff barrier around the players in games where the court might get rushed, but I feel like this was inevitable.

I know we all talked about this after the UNC/Duke game, but anyone have any guesses on possible rule changes next year concerning this?

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there's going to be a change.

Everyone talks about how the home teams need to, individually, implement methods to ensure everyone's safety. The problem is... the programs that are the most concerned about it are the road teams. Duke, Kansas, Arizona, for example have each been rushed multiple times this year. All 3 of the coaches have expressed concern about storming the court. But if they make changes in their programs, that doesn't help anything, because their fans aren't rushing the court.

That's why I think the NCAA needs to mandate a penalty. The teams that need to implement safety measures aren't the same as the teams that are actively concerned about it.

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
part-time security positions now available...enquire within

one good won multi-$million lawsuit should do it.
it may become necessary for schools to ensure that every important game is patrolled/protected by hundreds of uniformed/armed goons.