• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

almost time to enjoy the fruits of my labor

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bottled my american pale ale about a week and a half ago

transfering my weizen to secondary this weekend, brewing a fat tire clone this weekend too...those two will be getting kegged

couple weeks away from having 15 gallons of fresh homebrew at my disposal :D

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My friend's putting his Irish coffee stout in secondary this weekend. :thumb:

I'll be brewing something in two weeks, I think.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So wrapped up with the Manning sweepstakes, I forgot to check into this forum.

On tap: Vanilla Milk Stout, American IPA, Single hopped American Pale.

Brewing a Marzen on Saturday. Nothing in the fermenters. Took a break last week to have a beer release party to clear space going forward. My co-brewer and I just bought a 26g mash tun. We're capable of brewing half barrell batches now. We just don't have the keg space to contain it all.

So, it looks like we'll be throwing more parties.

Cheers, folks.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So wrapped up with the Manning sweepstakes, I forgot to check into this forum.

On tap: Vanilla Milk Stout, American IPA, Single hopped American Pale.

Brewing a Marzen on Saturday. Nothing in the fermenters. Took a break last week to have a beer release party to clear space going forward. My co-brewer and I just bought a 26g mash tun. We're capable of brewing half barrell batches now. We just don't have the keg space to contain it all.

So, it looks like we'll be throwing more parties

Cheers, folks.

sounds like i'll heading to NM! :D

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will be bottling my first partial mash (IPA) tomorrow.

Right now all I have is a decent Irish Draught and a vinegary infected Black IPA :(

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will be bottling my first partial mash (IPA) tomorrow.

Right now all I have is a decent Irish Draught and a vinegary infected Black IPA :(

D'oh! Been there. Dumping out ten gallons from the fermenters is like watching your pet get run over. It's been a while since I've had to do that, but it still seems like it was yesterday.

I highly recommend kegging. Sell a kidney for the equipment. You have another. I miss bottling like I miss having pneumonia.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sounds like i'll heading to NM! :D

I'm not sure what the lineup looks like over the next month, but we're definitely tackling an Irish Red and an 80 schilling Scottish Ale. We'll probably try an American Rye, but that one is my partner's baby. We'll probably also do another IPA (this last one we brewed is money, but we're looking to do a more traditional American IPA).

After that, I'm thinking Northern British Brown, American Amber and either an altbier or a kolsch.

More on topic, NM has a blossoming craft beer culture. Colorado is still way ahead of us, but if you're ever in Albuquerque, track down Marble, Il Vicino Brewing Company (the Canteen), La Cumbre, and Chama River. There are others that are decent, but those four are assassins. All of those guys have won gold at the GABF in the last two years.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D'oh! Been there. Dumping out ten gallons from the fermenters is like watching your pet get run over. It's been a while since I've had to do that, but it still seems like it was yesterday.

I highly recommend kegging. Sell a kidney for the equipment. You have another. I miss bottling like I miss having pneumonia.

i've only got two kegs in my kegerator at the moment, and have 3 beers in the works, so i bottled the first one up...first batch i've bottled in over a year, i forgot how annoying bottling is...cracked one open Saturday night (almost 2 weeks bottle conditioned) barely any carbonation at this point, i know it needed to go longer, but damn it I was getting impatient...good news, it had a very nice flavor to it

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i've only got two kegs in my kegerator at the moment, and have 3 beers in the works, so i bottled the first one up...first batch i've bottled in over a year, i forgot how annoying bottling is...cracked one open Saturday night (almost 2 weeks bottle conditioned) barely any carbonation at this point, i know it needed to go longer, but damn it I was getting impatient...good news, it had a very nice flavor to it

Nice. What temp are you conditioning at? I found that my ales were ready in 7-10 days in the summer, but more like 3-4 weeks in the winter. If you can keep your conditioning room a bit warmer, you'll probably shrink that time some.

Got a red Rye coming up this weekend. I'm kind of a spectator. I'll pitch my opinion, but my brewing partner is running with this one.

Marzen from last week is doing well. I wish we could have gotten the conical in the fridge for the cold-ferment, but carboys will have to do. Seems weird to brew something that we won't even taste for six months. Really geeked to start tackling the German lagers, though. Our 26g mash tun arrived today. Kinda feels like going to Disneyland on Christmas Eve to a 9-year-old today.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
conditioning right around room temp

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmm, this could be problematic if you're in the 68-72 degree range. Was your beer really clear, or did you take some of the yeast bed into the bottling bucket?

it was pretty clear for the most part. I think its been warmer than the 68-72 though (by room temperature i meant the room temperature of my kitchen currently with no AC or heat running, and we've been having some pretty warm days) while it was in the secondary i had to take effort to keep it from getting too warm while just in a room with no heat or ac on.