• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

All the Flames need is a flux capicitor

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny article! I think we all have our moments where we could use a flux capicitor. I wish they were cheaper. Maybe I'll ask Santa for one again this year.

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hilarious... good find Dash.

/a time machine could mean a second line of Martin St. Louis and Marc Savard, amirite?

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

/a time machine could mean a second line of Martin St. Louis and Marc Savard, amirite?

Yes, you'd be correct...although probably pretty tough to keep both those guys and Iggy. Marty St. Louis never really got a chance to show his stuff and Marc Savard never really saw eye-to-eye with then Flames coach Greg Gilbert.

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, you'd be correct...although probably pretty tough to keep both those guys and Iggy. Marty St. Louis never really got a chance to show his stuff and Marc Savard never really saw eye-to-eye with then Flames coach Greg Gilbert.

Good thing Coach Campbell taught him to dive, right? ;)

Actually they would have had plenty of cap room, if Brodeur took that hometown discount (hey, if Iggy's time machine works, might as well pass on Kidd right?).

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually they would have had plenty of cap room, if Brodeur took that hometown discount (hey, if Iggy's time machine works, might as well pass on Kidd right?).

Damn, that one really stings...:(

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well we got to see St Louis show his stuff down here when we had the AHL Flames :D. That reminds me, the Flames could still have 2001 Calder Cup Champion Rico Fata!

Edit - Also if the Flames had held onto Martin St-Louis then he couldn't have played against them in the 2004 Stanley Cup Finals. Just saying....

Last edited by a moderator:

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, that one really stings...:(

Well if its any consolation, a number of other teams passed on Brodeur as well. Although the Flames may have been the only team that took another goalie ahead of him. That I'm not sure about.

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if its any consolation, a number of other teams passed on Brodeur as well. Although the Flames may have been the only team that took another goalie ahead of him. That I'm not sure about.

Hindsight is 20/20, I believe Trevor was referred to as the "Can't Miss Kidd" that draft. If EVERYONE thinks a guy is going to be a stud, and he isn't, is it really the fault of the team that drafted him? (See Daigle, Stefan, Falloon)

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It could also make a first line that included Olli Jokinen and Alex Tanguay.

Oh wait.

:L

P.S. Sorry Dash.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, at all those articles.

Automattic

I'm baaaaaaack....
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Holy Lolz!

“Being even remotely associated with Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment is never a good thing,” warns ESPN analyst Pierre LeBrun, “But, I guess it could be worse. He could also be a Toronto Raptor.”