• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

All Star Reserve Snubs

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top 3 snubs from each conference by Marc Stein of espn.com

1) Dragic-I realize that Dragic making the Western Conference's roster would have forced West coaches to omit either Damian Lillard or Tony Parker. I still think the crafty lefty deserves to be in New Orleans when both he and his team have zoomed past all reasonable expectations by such a substantial margin. Generally, it feels morally wrong to propose a West squad without a single Spur, but in this rare case I think it's justified. Dragic over Parker for me.

2) Anthony Davis-The Unibrow is averaging 20 points, 10 rebounds and more than three swats nightly. The All-Star Game is in New Orleans. Those realities strongly lead me to believe that Davis, not Dragic, will be the player chosen by incoming commissioner Adam Silver to replace the injured Kobe Bryant, despite the fact Davis is obviously not a guard. The momentum is already bubbling behind the idea that we're going to see Davis, with his top-five player efficiency rating, when the NBA's 63rd midseason classic actually tips off.

3) Mike Conley-Sacramento's DeMarcus Cousins has the strongest statistical case, along with Davis, to be the West's 12th man. It was largely my internal struggle trying to choose between Boogie and Davis when I made my reserve picks on Friday, that convinced me that I couldn't settle on one for my seven-man West bench. But I'm giving Conley this slot because there was a loud Twitter uproar on Boogie's behalf when he didn't get the nod from West coaches. Virtually no one out there is even stating the steady Conley's case, so we decided that's our job.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyle Lowry-Two Raptors on the All-Star team when there were projected to be none when the season began? East coaches apparently couldn't buy into that radical concept, which means Lowry -- arguably the East's best point guard so far this season -- will be a spectator. He really should have gotten Joe Johnson's backcourt spot -- my Toronto-loving Grantland colleague Zach Lowe is especially bummed about this -- but the coaches apparently weren't ready to live in a world in which the Raps are suddenly awash in starry names.

Al Jefferson-I know I'm in the minority here. I also know that I'm sticking to the claim made here last week that the long-awaited inside scoring and credibility Jefferson has brought to Charlotte -- without undermining the Bobcats' defense like so many skeptics predicted -- gives him a stronger claim to a spot on the East's bench than, yes, even Chris Bosh.

Arron Affalo-The change in my thinking that I have made since Friday is that both DeRozan and Lowry should be New Orleans-bound. If I did things over, Lowry would have nudged past Afflalo on my original list of East reserves. But I still have Afflalo, scoring at a career-best rate while also playing at a new peak in terms of overall efficiency, is a more deserving All-Star candidate than Twitter darling Lance Stephenson. If ever there was a season in the East that we don't need to obsess about win/loss records while picking All-Stars, this is it. So Afflalo had the edge on Stephenson (who's barely above the league average in PER) with me. The Pacers will be more than represented with Paul George, Roy Hibbert and Frank Vogel in N'awlins.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Biggest snub ever in the history of snubs is Davis, he is putting up amazing numbers, at that point I could care less if his team sucks.

Just having fun. No sense of humor? I am glad he didn't make it. I imagine he will have an even bigger chip on his shoulder the rest of the season. :yahoo:

It was really funny, that was why I reposted it :D

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe has to be replaced, so we will see who Silver chooses...

1st decision by him so far? Come on Davis one time baby!!!!

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe has to be replaced, so we will see who Silver chooses...

1st decision by him so far? Come on Davis one time baby!!!!

If you award numbers then you go with Cousins or Davis. If you award good numbers on a winning team then you go with Dragic or Jordan

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fucking bs that Joe fucking Johnson made the team

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you award numbers then you go with Cousins or Davis. If you award good numbers on a winning team then you go with Dragic or Jordan

I think all star games should be more about numbers, the players who's teams suck but still work their ass off to be good out there. Plus it give them a chance to network...which is not what the ASG is about but it is another perk I would imagine.

Playoffs, MVPs and other awards reward the players who excel at more than just the numbers. Generally you need to be on a winning team for those.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think all star games should be more about numbers, the players who's teams suck but still work their ass off to be good out there. Plus it give them a chance to network...which is not what the ASG is about but it is another perk I would imagine.

Playoffs, MVPs and other awards reward the players who excel at more than just the numbers. Generally you need to be on a winning team for those.

If they awarded numbers, Cousins would have made it over Dwight and Dirk....He's avg 23 and 12.

Coaches do look at your team's record when taking the reserves

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's easier to put numbers when you are on a bad team. You are playing for nothing & there is no pressure on you. So you just go & get yours, winning be damned. That's why players with very good numbers on a good team that has no other allstar should trump players who put up great numbers on really bad teams.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3) Mike Conley-Sacramento's DeMarcus Cousins has the strongest statistical case, along with Davis, to be the West's 12th man. It was largely my internal struggle trying to choose between Boogie and Davis when I made my reserve picks on Friday, that convinced me that I couldn't settle on one for my seven-man West bench. But I'm giving Conley this slot because there was a loud Twitter uproar on Boogie's behalf when he didn't get the nod from West coaches. Virtually no one out there is even stating the steady Conley's case, so we decided that's our job.
Conley is very quietly a vastly improved player and a very efficient shooter. He is getting over 18pts a game while taking fewer than 15 shots. His numbers compare favorably to Kyrie Irving although Conley is surrounded by more talent.

I'm actually ok with the West's selections. Parker and Dirk are worthy.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If DeAndre Jordan makes it over Davis or Dragic then I've lost faith in humanity.
DeAndre Jordan should never be in an all star game. Rebounds are nice but his game isnt All Star worthy

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please give me a break....Maybe he would make the top 5 Western Conference snubs at #5 but I would put Jordan, Cousins, Davis, and Dragic in all before Lee

C'mon man..just because he manhandles miami, doesn't mean you should be dismissing his omission.

And Yes...those others were snubbed as well.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C'mon man..just because he manhandles miami, doesn't mean you should be dismissing his omission.

And Yes...those others were snubbed as well.

I'm dismissing it. Point is he is not near the top of the list

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That guy is quick. I can understand how they might miss some of his rain dance moves.

I'm not seeing any of the multiple travels you said he had...
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TMtlkGbsWY]Goran Dragic 28 Points 7 Assists vs Pacers 30.01.2014 - YouTube[/ame]