• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

All Star Game and Machado

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man was that ASG on the nose for 2018: buncha walks, strikeouts, and a shit ton of home runs, by far the record for the Game.

Liked seeing Dave Roberts have to leave his Dodger pitcher out there to get lit up by the Astros like it was the World Series (even though I was rooting for the NL)

Aaaaaaaaaand then LA gets Machado. So the Giants already tenuous playoff hopes? Little more tenuous.

Gotta sell a bit, do NOT buy at the break and see what happens. I really liked the first half of this decade a lot more...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The doggies use of international amateurs is states evidence 1a in the case against the Giants for baseball malpractice. The Giants have not developed an international FA of note since Sandoval, 10 years ago (Adrianza may want to argue the point, and Moronta may also break that string). Villalona, Cabrera and Fox are all pretty high profile attempts that either blew up or were traded for peanuts. The dogs seem to get an additional 1st round equivalent every year. And they typically get value from them either by production or trade.

I get it. 3 Championships in recent memory. And Luciano (even though the generally accepted TOP prospect this year I see expected to sign with the dogs). But this has been a HUGE hole in the Giants game pretty much since the concept got big in the last 20 years or so. I acknowledge they are getting props for the infrastructure they are building down there. But until that actually bears fruit, the whole game is still a shitshow for the G’s.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The doggies use of international amateurs is states evidence 1a in the case against the Giants for baseball malpractice. The Giants have not developed an international FA of note since Sandoval, 10 years ago (Adrianza may want to argue the point, and Moronta may also break that string). Villalona, Cabrera and Fox are all pretty high profile attempts that either blew up or were traded for peanuts. The dogs seem to get an additional 1st round equivalent every year. And they typically get value from them either by production or trade.

I get it. 3 Championships in recent memory. And Luciano (even though the generally accepted TOP prospect this year I see expected to sign with the dogs). But this has been a HUGE hole in the Giants game pretty much since the concept got big in the last 20 years or so. I acknowledge they are getting props for the infrastructure they are building down there. But until that actually bears fruit, the whole game is still a shitshow for the G’s.

I'm too lazy to do the research at the moment (maybe later) but I feel like most teams have pretty low success rates in terms on international scouting. Sure some teams have done a good job and there have been plenty of absolute studs year after year, but I wouldn't say one team has the advantage there. The Dodgers just throw a ton of money at these guys making them looks successful, but really how many have worked out? (of course, now that I've said this...)

There's no denying the Giants have whiffed a lot recently, but no one really is, consistently.