• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

All-Star Ballot Snubs

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who ya got?

Alex Semin, Brandon Dubinsky, Chris Stewart, and Patrick Sharp are all in the top 10 for goals scored this year. But that didn't help them get on a ballot of more than 50 NHL forwards.

18 goalies on the ballot - Fleury and his .860 save percentage are on the ballot, while Bobo and Neuvirth get snubbed.

Why wait until November to do the ballot if its just going to be a list based on achievement in the previous season(s)?

Here's the list:
NHL opens All-Star Fan Balloting November 15 - 2011 NHL All-Star Game - Presented by Discover.

It's more than a little ridiculous.

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we are using this season only Kris Letang deserves to be on the ballot over a few of the defensemen that are on there.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems like this ballot is set up on last year not this year...some of those names were great last year but pedestrian this year.

GagneFire12

Miley Cyrus, say what?
In a flat with tinted sunlight and creaky floorboa
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems like this ballot is set up on last year not this year...some of those names were great last year but pedestrian this year.

Definitely. It shouldn't be surprising, though. That is essentially how the ballot has been built for years.

If the prerequisites were solid play this season, the IR would be Mark Streit's only list.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, Biz. But the voting only starts next week and continues for a long time.

And there are definitely some snubs even when you include last season. Alex Semin finished 13th in points and 7th in goals last year despite missing 9 games. He was also in the top 20 in points two seasons ago. He's in the top 5 in points right now. How does a guy like that not make the BALLOT out of 50 forwards?

Bizzle McDizzle

all of your teams suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, Biz. But the voting only starts next week and continues for a long time.

And there are definitely some snubs even when you include last season. Alex Semin finished 13th in points and 7th in goals last year despite missing 9 games. He was also in the top 20 in points two seasons ago. He's in the top 5 in points right now. How does a guy like that not make the BALLOT out of 50 forwards?

Oh.. I agree on Semin now... I do think that is kind of a snub based on past 12moth performance...
Maybe they had an unofficial cap for each team, who knows (guess... haven't even seen the ballot yet)

But the guys that always come up in these threads as "snub" based on a hot start? Meh... half the time those guys fall back by the ASG anyway and by then no one even remembers of cares about the early season "snub".

Bizzle McDizzle

all of your teams suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh yeah... my bad..
I totally forgot...

WHAT?!?!?!?

Where the hell is Jeff Skinner!?!?!?
He has more points than half the names on that list.
Fraud list!
Monster snub!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Voting should only last for the month directly preceding the All-Star game. Right now, it's not possible to make a proper judgment. But if we're going on performance so far this season, I'm with Pix on Letang, as well as with eloco on Semin. Both are top 5 in points in their respective positions, and have definitely contributed massively to their teams. Personally, I think Letang's been the third best Penguin skater this year, behind Crosby and Martin, respectively, and the race with Martin is pretty darned close.

h X c Chris

foul-mouthed
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Anybody on the Flyers that is on the list instead of Giroux should immediately write the NHL to have their names replaced.