• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

All if the BIG's 10 bowl eligible teams may not be able to go because of a Bowl Shortage

tech_iceman

#winning
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did a breakdown in some thread, there is something like 60% of the teams in the conferences can qualify for a bowl game.

Add in the CFP, and it jumped to something like 65% of the NCAA division I can go to a post-season bowl game.

A team has to be REAL BAD to not get into a bowl game.

Thanks for rubbing it in

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, 6-6 or 7-5 teams have no business bowling, period! Texas is not deserving of a bowl this year at all. But hey, in today's pussified society, everybody gets a participation ribbon :L

xpuctaqpGT

Modern Major General
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember a few years ago a 6-7 GT team made it to a bowl. It's all silly. Now that 4 teams are going to the playoffs, I really wish they'd drop the number of bowl games played by about 5.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
B1G schools usually get in over mid level conferences due to the size of the school and chances the fans will buy up a lot of tickets.

I'd be surprised if they didn't all find a spot. Also, yes there are too many bowls.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny now the big has too many bowl eligible teams. And all the michigan fans been screaming how bad the big is. NO JUST MICHIGAN. But when their team is sorry, they dont like to give credit to their rivals. So if osu and msu are doing well, THEN the big sucks. Oh the arrogance

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a perfect world you have an 8 team playoff and an NIT type playoff for 8-16 other teams and send all the rest home. Get rid of useless bowls.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish iowa would give their spot up. They don't deserve shit

I've had the same problem with the Gophers going to bowl games in recent years, but a team extended an invitation will NEVER turn down a bowl game. It's an extra month of practice that they wouldn't get otherwise.

With that having been said, I think they should at least be at worst, .500 in their own conference. FFS, Penn State went 2-6. Ill and Rutgers each went 3-5. :L

bocomo007

Just some guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a perfect world you have an 8 team playoff and an NIT type playoff for 8-16 other teams and send all the rest home. Get rid of useless bowls.

not a bad idea

we could actually call the all the crap bowls "scrimmages" and let those local economies still benefit

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Used to be that 'bowl eligible' wasn't a term of entitlement. Things were a lot better when there were only 12-15 bowls. Hell, even the bottom of that pile was iffy at times. 30+ is just stupid.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
B1G schools usually get in over mid level conferences due to the size of the school and chances the fans will buy up a lot of tickets.

I'd be surprised if they didn't all find a spot. Also, yes there are too many bowls.

The B1G had their ticket allotments adjusted downwards. This way the B1G won't have to fork over as much cash as they had to last year for the unsold tickets.

Going from my memory it seems 20% reduction, maybe a bit higher.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny now the big has too many bowl eligible teams. And all the michigan fans been screaming how bad the big is. NO JUST MICHIGAN. But when their team is sorry, they dont like to give credit to their rivals. So if osu and msu are doing well, THEN the big sucks. Oh the arrogance

This is a perfect example of Little Brother Syndrome. What the hell does this conversation have to do with Michigan?

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a perfect example of Little Brother Syndrome. What the hell does this conversation have to do with Michigan?

Pretty much that the whole big is bowl eligible except?????

Lil brother syndrome? Guess big bro turned into a fat old sorry fucker. Lil bro's been beating his old ass. Aint 1904 anymore.

Are u trying to tell me michigan fans havent been bringing up how bad the big is whenever theres talk about osu or msu???

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, 6-6 or 7-5 teams have no business bowling, period! Texas is not deserving of a bowl this year at all. But hey, in today's pussified society, everybody gets a participation ribbon :L

:agree::suds:

when can you get rid of that picture of hammerdown? I have to vomit everytime I see the damn thing?

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much that the whole big is bowl eligible except?????

Lil brother syndrome? Guess big bro turned into a fat old sorry fucker. Lil bro's been beating his old ass. Aint 1904 anymore.

Are u trying to tell me michigan fans havent been bringing up how bad the big is whenever theres talk about osu or msu???

Suns shining on the dogs ass, soak it up while you can. I don't know how much Michigan fans are saying the B1G sucks or what their motivation might be but the facts are that the B1G isn't what it used to be, what it should be, regardless of who's good and who's not. I personally think it's better than it gets credit for but perception is reality and to me it really has nothing to do with MSU and OSU being at the top. At the end of the day this, once again, has nothing to do with Michigan and your complex made you bring Michigan up anyway. Hey, look on the bright side, now that the Cowards from South Bend won't play us anymore, you've moved up to our second biggest rival!

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
~ Keep all of the post season bowl games, even the totally meaningless ones (at least ½ of them);

~ Hold some/many of the bowls in the home stadiums of the contesting teams - not some crapasse place nobody wants/can to travel to (many of the games would be sellouts if played at home stadiums and the schools' local economies would benefit);

~ Let all teams, bowl-bound or not, continue practicing & recruiting through December (fer Christ's sake, who needs practice and recruiting more than 6-6 programs anyway? especially them's what don't get their bowl bids);

~ Heck, for that matter, schedule full pad "scrimmages" between shit record teams during bowl season (example would be scUM travelling down to flat rock country and scrum it out with Texas Tech for the holidays.)

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
~ Keep all of the post season bowl games, even the totally meaningless ones (at least ½ of them);

~ Hold some/many of the bowls in the home stadiums of the contesting teams - not some crapasse place nobody wants/can to travel to (many of the games would be sellouts if played at home stadiums and the schools' local economies would benefit);

~ Let all teams, bowl-bound or not, continue practicing & recruiting through December (fer Christ's sake, who needs practice and recruiting more than 6-6 programs anyway? especially them's what don't get their bowl bids);

~ Heck, for that matter, schedule full pad "scrimmages" between shit record teams during bowl season (example would be scUM travelling down to flat rock country and scrum it out with Texas Tech for the holidays.)

Most college towns can accomidate opponents coming to town but asking them to be able to accomidate 2 teams and media is a stretch which is why bowl games tend to be in cities and NFL stadiums and such.