• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

All Bias Aside

cdoorni1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Well, better opponent or not, the Fiesta Bowl is a bigger deal than the Cotton Bowl. Plus, it means that we would have won the Big 12 on the way out the door. This had to be the goal all along in order to show that leaving was not about running out the door to avoid the South schools.

As for Championship, I am seeing an Oregon v. TCU game, and I think that TCU wins. I know that Oregon has been putting up huge numbers, but they did that last year as well against everyone except OSU and Boise. Their system can be stopped by speed at linebacker, and TCU may be the best defense I have seen in a long time (including last years Husker D).

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Big East Champion is an automatic qualifier and will not be selected by any other bowl..........Fiesta Bowl gets last pick to match up with the Big 12 Champ...........basically the Fiesta Bowl has no choice :L

It will be Nebraska vs. Pitt, and Boise State could end up playing in the turd bowl.........and THAT is why this system sucks

I thought the Big East champion went to the Orange bowl and play a at large team?

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope......these are the tie-ins:

Rose Bowl - Big Ten champion vs. Pac-10 champion
Fiesta Bowl - Big 12 champion
Orange Bowl - ACC champion
Sugar Bowl - SEC champion

The Big East Champion basically just gets an automatic At-Large and whatever bowl takes them is whatever bowl takes them.

Unfortunately the Fiesta Bowl gets last choice :L

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will fucking blow if we end up winning the big12 and have to go against Pitt in Glendale. That makes about as much sense as Michigan playing Warshington St. for a NC in 97.
I didn't even watch the Fiesta Bowl last year, and I probly wouldn't this year either if it were not the Huskers possibly playing in it

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I was talkin about last night, imagine if Nebraska ends up playing 6-6 Pitt in the Fiesta Bowl and Boise State ends up getting stuck in the Humanitarian Bowl with an undefeated record.

That very well could happen if Auburn and Oregon win out

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pitt still has some games left that they could possibly lose, West Vagina, Cinci., South Fla. But that would put Syracuse there I guess, so lose/lose situation

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we're gonna play any team from the Big East then I want it to be Pitt........because we can beat up on Pedey that way.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to mention, if Boise State plays in the Humanitarian Bowl and Nebraska plays 6-6 Pitt................how is the BCS Committee going to sit here and tell us everything is structured perfectly?

Nebraska and Boise State should be playing each other in the Fiesta Bowl if Boise doesn't make it to the Title game

most definently, of the teams set to make BCS bowls here's how I see we compare to them

Boise State vs TCU( close game, but I think we'd pull it out again)
vs Oregon(we'd stop Oregon's offense, we know how to and I'd say we'd win this pretty comfortably)
vs Auburn( this one is really interesting not sure how our defense would respond to Newton, it could be one that goes down to the wire)
vs Nebraska(this would be similar to Auburn with again it depending on how we respond to Martinez, it would also go down to the wire)
vs Wisconsin( another close game that will go down to the wire, Wisconsin seems pretty underrated, the only way that we'd win big is if they show up like they did in the Michigan State game)
va LSU( blow out LSU is awful and overrated they get lucky with wins but that luck would run out against us)
vs Ohio State( Ohio State has a talented teams but terrible coordinators we'd take advantage and win big)
vs Stanford(I'm just not sure with Stanford they could easily be the best team this year that just had one bad half, they have dominated every team except for Oregon in the second half, who knows if they played Oregon now maybe they'd win the way they should have)
vs Virginia Tech(this matchup seems familiar)
vs Pitt(an absolute pounding, we'd smash this team)

jwesh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Like I was talkin about last night, imagine if Nebraska ends up playing 6-6 Pitt in the Fiesta Bowl and Boise State ends up getting stuck in the Humanitarian Bowl with an undefeated record.

That very well could happen if Auburn and Oregon win out

I agree, If Pitt is at 6-6 or 7-5 in a BCS game and BSU is not that is a crime. They really need to consider taking away the Big East's AQ status.