• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alex Ruoff going off on WVU Nation

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did a little research and this is why I may lean towards it is a recruiting problem and not a coaching problem. Not only are these guys not staying, but they are also getting minimal playing time before deciding to leave. These guys do not seem like they are very talented either, besides Murray none of them are having very much success.

2010:

1.Noreen. C. Still on the team. Should be a 5 foul bench guy but due to a lack of depth he gets minutes. He graduates this year so he could transfer and play right away.

2.Cottrill. PG. Kicked off the team in training camp. Played for WV Wesleyan and Georgetown (KY)

3.Curry. SF. WVU didn’t let him play due to health issues. He was later cleared by other doctors and went on to play at another school.

4.Nyarsuk. C. Didn’t qualify. Later qualified for Cinci but averaged just 1 point and 1 board.

2011:

1.Gary Browne. PG. Backup. Will be a senior.

2.Rutledge. PF. JUCO played two years. Was expected to a be a bench/role player and that is what he did.

3.Staten. PG. Transfer from Dayton. Sat out one year. Disappointing sophomore year. Then all Big 12 as a junior.

4.Hinds. PG. Couple of disappointing years and transferred to U.Mass. Sat out last season.

5.Aaron Brown. SG. Couple of disappointing years and transferred to St. Joes and sat out last year.

6.McCune. SF. Played 58 minutes as a freshman and transferred to Oakland. Averaged 5 points and 3 boards in 15 minutes.

7.Miles. SF. Decent defendant but no offensive game. Played two seasons and transferred to Arkansas. Sat out last year.

8.Aaric Murray. PF. Averaged 15 points and 8 boards for LaSalle. Then had a bad year at WVU. Transferred to Texas Southern and averaged 21 points and made the NCAA tourney where he scored 38 in a loss.

9.Forsythe. C. Played 7 games before getting injured. Transferred to Akron and averaged 5 points and 3 boards.

2012:

1.Humphrey. SG. Graduate transfer. Added some 3 pt shooting but was injured.

2.Harris. SG. Good freshman year and was about 4th in the Big 12 in scoring his 2nd season. Transferring.

3.Henderson. SG. Good shooter. Had some injuries and illnesses he dealt with but was poised for more playing time as a junior with Harris leaving. Decided to transfer.

4.Gerun. C. Played 33 minutes before he transferred.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just as we point to the recruiting issues Dana has faced trying to add depth to his team… Huggy was dealt a similar card.

Beilein stacked a class with 7 freshmen in 2006. Huggy commented on this fact when he first took over the WVU program.

Jonnie West
Devan Bawinkel
Jacob Green
Da'Sean Butler
Wellington Smith
Cam Thoroughman
Joe Mazzulla

It forced him to do similarly in the future. Of these 7, Jacob Green did not make it past the first semester. Bawinkel transferred after his first season. Two kids transferred within 1 season… a sign of a problem?

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of the players Huggy has brought on scholly have been brought to help run practice. This is not something I completely understand, but it is what I've been told.

WVU has been dealing with a problem in numbers for a few years now.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did a little research and this is why I may lean towards it is a recruiting problem and not a coaching problem. Not only are these guys not staying, but they are also getting minimal playing time before deciding to leave. These guys do not seem like they are very talented either, besides Murray none of them are having very much success.

2010:

1.Noreen. C. Still on the team. Should be a 5 foul bench guy but due to a lack of depth he gets minutes. He graduates this year so he could transfer and play right away.

2.Cottrill. PG. Kicked off the team in training camp. Played for WV Wesleyan and Georgetown (KY)

3.Curry. SF. WVU didn’t let him play due to health issues. He was later cleared by other doctors and went on to play at another school.

4.Nyarsuk. C. Didn’t qualify. Later qualified for Cinci but averaged just 1 point and 1 board.

2011:

1.Gary Browne. PG. Backup. Will be a senior.

2.Rutledge. PF. JUCO played two years. Was expected to a be a bench/role player and that is what he did.

3.Staten. PG. Transfer from Dayton. Sat out one year. Disappointing sophomore year. Then all Big 12 as a junior.

4.Hinds. PG. Couple of disappointing years and transferred to U.Mass. Sat out last season.

5.Aaron Brown. SG. Couple of disappointing years and transferred to St. Joes and sat out last year.

6.McCune. SF. Played 58 minutes as a freshman and transferred to Oakland. Averaged 5 points and 3 boards in 15 minutes.

7.Miles. SF. Decent defendant but no offensive game. Played two seasons and transferred to Arkansas. Sat out last year.

8.Aaric Murray. PF. Averaged 15 points and 8 boards for LaSalle. Then had a bad year at WVU. Transferred to Texas Southern and averaged 21 points and made the NCAA tourney where he scored 38 in a loss.

9.Forsythe. C. Played 7 games before getting injured. Transferred to Akron and averaged 5 points and 3 boards.

2012:

1.Humphrey. SG. Graduate transfer. Added some 3 pt shooting but was injured.

2.Harris. SG. Good freshman year and was about 4th in the Big 12 in scoring his 2nd season. Transferring.

3.Henderson. SG. Good shooter. Had some injuries and illnesses he dealt with but was poised for more playing time as a junior with Harris leaving. Decided to transfer.

4.Gerun. C. Played 33 minutes before he transferred.

Ugly......:what:

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I have stated before, I believe Huggy is responsible for the talent brought to WVU. He should have known about some of the issues facing his recruits… like the 2010 recruiting class. I was pissed about what happened, and called him out on CBS over it.

But, the 2013 class was very solid. We'll see how it goes with his 2014 class.

Dalton Peppers has been very supportive of Huggins through the drama some of the WVU fan base has created recently. He comes back to Morgantown to train every summer.

The only kids who have been negative… are the ones who would not commit to the team… to the school…

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just as we point to the recruiting issues Dana has faced trying to add depth to his team… Huggy was dealt a similar card.

Beilein stacked a class with 7 freshmen in 2006. Huggy commented on this fact when he first took over the WVU program.

Jonnie West
Devan Bawinkel
Jacob Green
Da'Sean Butler
Wellington Smith
Cam Thoroughman
Joe Mazzulla

It forced him to do similarly in the future. Of these 7, Jacob Green did not make it past the first semester. Bawinkel transferred after his first season. Two kids transferred within 1 season… a sign of a problem?

No way this is similar!..you only have 12 scholarships to fill vs 85...One coach has been on the job for over 20 plus years with supposedly long standing connections on the East Coast and AAU..He brought with him his entire Coaching staff plus Billy Hahn to own recruiting in the mid atlantic...vs another Coach who is a first timer, has WEST COAST ties, had to turn over his entire staff and then begin establishing ties on the east coast...........and out of those 12 scholarships you really can narrow that down to 3 stud players per class to tee up your program...

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In 2004, Beilein brought in Luke Bonner and Darris Nichols. Bonner played for WVU 1 year before transferring to UMass.

Beilein lost 3 players to transfer, in just 3 years.

Joe Alexander was said to be ready to transfer after his sophomore year had Beilein not taken the UofM job.

That would have been 4 of 11 recruits lost…

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way this is similar!..you only have 12 scholarships to fill vs 85...One coach has been on the job for over 20 plus years with supposedly long standing connections on the East Coast and AAU..He brought with him his entire Coaching staff plus Billy Hahn to own recruiting in the mid atlantic...vs another Coach who is a first timer, has WEST COAST ties, had to turn over his entire staff and then begin establishing ties on the east coast...........and out of those 12 scholarships you really can narrow that down to 3 stud players per class to tee up your program...

Who are you comparing Huggins to? Beilein? Beilein was from western NY. His entire coaching career was on the east coast.

And, the impact on basketball due to depth issues is just as significant when it comes to practice and game situations.

Like I have said, I expected more from Huggy when getting talent to Morgantown. He did well with the Ebanks class, and he did well with the 2013 class. But, he has not been able to seal the deal with some of the high ranking recruits he has sought.

I guess WVU doesn't have enough deep pockets supporting its basketball program… we losing the battle cause we can't pay 'em enough…

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who are you comparing Huggins to? Beilein? Beilein was from western NY. His entire coaching career was on the east coast.

And, the impact on basketball due to depth issues is just as significant when it comes to practice and game situations.

Like I have said, I expected more from Huggy when getting talent to Morgantown. He did well with the Ebanks class, and he did well with the 2013 class. But, he has not been able to seal the deal with some of the high ranking recruits he has sought.

I guess WVU doesn't have enough deep pockets supporting its basketball program… we losing the battle cause we can't pay 'em enough…

I was comparing huggins to Dana,,,Belein's deal was even worse when he got to morgantown